PDA

View Full Version : Digger this is for you.

hoffyinaz
08-14-2008, 10:49 PM
If I Didn't Have a Dog

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.

I would have money .....and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grand kids through college.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.

My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash.

I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, F-R-I-S-B-E- E, W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, B-I-K-E, G-O, R-I-D-E

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties them down too much.

I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading "mud"
season.

I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get.

How EMPTY my life would be!

Stickbuddy
08-14-2008, 11:27 PM
That nails it!! THANKS!

AZXJ
08-15-2008, 12:13 AM
This one pegged me.. :D

My Green Jeep
08-15-2008, 06:39 AM
If I Didn't Have a Dog

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.

I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grand kids through college.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.

I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, F-R-I-S-B-E- E, W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, B-I-K-E, G-O, R-I-D-E

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties them down too much.

I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading "mud"
season.

I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get.

How EMPTY my life would be!

This is good... the above says it for me and my 6 dogs... the best one...
"Why do you have so many animals?" more to love :fashizzle:

Thanks for posting this!!!

Wait... have to add one in... "Anyone (meaning the dogs) wanna go for
a R..I..D..E?? They go NUTS!

hoffyinaz
08-15-2008, 07:23 AM
The original email I received this from had pictures, I'm not gonna sit here and post in every picture. If anyone wants the email PM me your email and I'll send it.

pennstater
08-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Well, I love my 3 dogs....even if it means I have to have slip covers over the furniture to hide the chewed up arm rests and cushions.

LJYJ
08-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Well, I love my 3 dogs....even if it means I have to have slip covers over the furniture to hide the chewed up arm rests and cushions.

LMAO. and fruniture rugs under everything> to cover up the holes they chewed in the carpet. cause they are mad about being home alone all day!:fashizzle:

desertangel
08-15-2008, 08:17 AM
That was a good one Hoffy!!!

FrenchChili
08-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Lmao...I remember "mud" season :|

My dog is about 40lbs, small, I have a queen size bed, still, by the end of the night I find myself on the edge of it.

grateful
08-15-2008, 05:09 PM
x2 to all of it!

Digger
08-15-2008, 05:39 PM
huh? why what are you talking about? my house isn't like what you described!!! my "fur kids" are very well trained, are not messy, and earn their keep!!! oh I get it, you are talking about "people kids" right!! Had ya going there didn't I ... ha ha ha
My girls (Dig, Kodi, Rilee, Diesel) are worth every bit of my love and devotion, for they give me all of theirs!!! woof woof
:):) Thank you, I did enjoy your post !! :):)

Tom Schenk
08-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Wait... have to add one in... "Anyone (meaning the dogs) wanna go for
a R..I..D..E?? They go NUTS!

If you even say just the word "wanna" in our house they all go nuts. :aagh:

Mike M
08-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Don't forget: My back yard would have grass growing, the plants would not be chewed to stumps, the water bublers would not be chewed off. I have three dogs, one Great Dane, one Mastiff, and a Chihuahua. And right now, I'm watching my In-laws two dogs. But, my house has never been broken into...

Digger
08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
really, my dogs act different, when it's time to go for a ride they walk to the door and line up to get collars put on. no rushing, they have assigned seats, so no fighting over who gets to ride shot gun. I have king bed so they know I own 1/3 and my pillow is mine, they have their own. they move to the side when I'm walking toward them and they are in my path when in the house. they do not chew anything that isn't theirs, they don't steal, well Diesel sometimes will steal a pen I leave on counter when I go to work.. ..she has blue lips when I get home. really they are good dogs, most likely cause I spend more time with them, then most people spend with their kids. how many times have I been on a run without them? They have rules to live by, that's the only way I can handle 4 of them without incident. It only takes 1 year to train a dog, but it must be a dedicated year. the rest is a breeze
but that's just me and my thoughts, and I prefer the company of dogs, don't know why, just do
but am enjoying reading what all you guys go through :):)

Digger
08-15-2008, 08:45 PM
why own a dog?

Digger
11-08-2008, 10:02 AM
So how many dogs do you have?

militiakrawler
11-08-2008, 11:10 AM
really, my dogs act different, when it's time to go for a ride they walk to the door and line up to get collars put on. no rushing, they have assigned seats, so no fighting over who gets to ride shot gun. I have king bed so they know I own 1/3 and my pillow is mine, they have their own. they move to the side when I'm walking toward them and they are in my path when in the house. they do not chew anything that isn't theirs, they don't steal, well Diesel sometimes will steal a pen I leave on counter when I go to work.. ..she has blue lips when I get home. really they are good dogs, most likely cause I spend more time with them, then most people spend with their kids. how many times have I been on a run without them? They have rules to live by, that's the only way I can handle 4 of them without incident. It only takes 1 year to train a dog, but it must be a dedicated year. the rest is a breeze
but that's just me and my thoughts, and I prefer the company of dogs, don't know why, just do
but am enjoying reading what all you guys go through :):)

I've never met you yet, but you sound like and Awsome person. Someone all dog owners,.... strike that. Someone that all people who have dogs in their family can look up to as a perfect example of how to interact with their dogs.
I've always been a firm believer in the idea of getting down to(or up to) the level of our dogs mentaly and interact with them in the manner that they best understand.

We have two dogs, a female border colie named Panda and a male mutt that looks somewhere between a brown lab,chow, and colie that we found as a very small puppy lost or abandoned and malnourished up on Mingus Mntn. I don't get to spend nearly as much time with them as I'd like as I'm trucking most of the time. My dad is a trucker too but his new wife is home nights when she's not working at the sherrifs office. We found that if we don't shut the bedroom doors and roll up the rugs or put coffee tables on them that all bedding, pillows and rugs would sometimes end up somewhere outside on our 4 acre yard. They found out how to open the lower cupboards too where the doggie treats are kept as well. Lower cupboards now are rubberbanded. I wonder when they'll pull/break the rubber bands off.

Oh and one time they tried to pull the living room rug out side with the big round coffee table still on it. They got half the rug through the doggie door and the coffee table right up against the door and couldn't get back inside anymore till stepmother got home from work.
I love those dogs!:)