PDA

View Full Version : Friggin' Ebay-

mysunnshine
08-14-2008, 07:33 PM
WTH is wrong with Ebay these days? They took away the ability of a seller to give any kind of feedback other than positive to buyers. The past two auctions that I have listed have had non-paying bidders. The first auction I ended up getting a negative feedback from an international bidder which wasn't qualified for the auction(only ship to US). Ebay even wouldn't take away the feedback the French Fo-Foo left for me even though his bid was illegal. Now I get some German Re-Re bidding on my auction that wants to pay me with a personal check(same deal-no international shipping)...Grrrrrrr.... Ebay will refund the Final Selling Fees but I'm out the listing fees. Apparently Ebay changed things so the buyers don't have a bad experience. They just break it off in the sellers so now only the sells have the bad experiences.

Note to self: only buy and not sell on Ebay-

1BDRUBI
08-14-2008, 08:03 PM
i got ripped off for 300 dollars by paypal due to a con pullin a good one so i have refused to use it for the past year craigs list is way better

Jdemonto
08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I have had very little issues with ebay as a seller or buyer.

Jason

BW-CJ7
08-14-2008, 08:47 PM
No problems here...knock on wood....

Howyadoin
08-14-2008, 10:18 PM
WTH is wrong with Ebay these days? They took away the ability of a seller to give any kind of feedback other than positive to buyers. The past two auctions that I have listed have had non-paying bidders. The first auction I ended up getting a negative feedback from an international bidder which wasn't qualified for the auction(only ship to US). Ebay even wouldn't take away the feedback the French Fo-Foo left for me even though his bid was illegal. Now I get some German Re-Re bidding on my auction that wants to pay me with a personal check(same deal-no international shipping)...Grrrrrrr.... Ebay will refund the Final Selling Fees but I'm out the listing fees. Apparently Ebay changed things so the buyers don't have a bad experience. They just break it off in the sellers so now only the sells have the bad experiences.

Note to self: only buy and not sell on Ebay-

I would PM Frenchchili personally!:whistling:

weasel_ugs
08-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Never a problem in the 6yrs Ive been buying and selling. Don

04jeeptj
08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
From August 2007 to jan 2008 I had sold over $16,000 of items on ebay. When they changed that selling policy I closed my store and have not sold anything on there after that in protest... I think the net policy is BS.

azshtr
08-15-2008, 12:01 PM
It may have been a heavy handed fix but there was a serious problem with many sellers. The abuse was to threaten to leave the same feedback the seller received regardless of the performance of the buyer. The result of that action was possitive feedback left but if you read the messages in the feedback you would find things like... took forever to get, terrible to work with... etc. My problem came with a seller (10,000ish and 99% rating) who lied about shipping 3 times, 4 weeks later got the item to me and threatened to leave negative feedback if I left negative feedback. I left negative, as I wasn't going to give in to that abuse, and he left me negative even though I paid immediately. It wasn't till I read his feedback that I saw what I was dealing with... lots of unhappy buyers who left positive feedback. Now that the policy changed his feedback is tons of negatives and is close to a rating that will shut him down. I filed a complaint with ebay about this abuse. Ebay, I believe, must have had this issue with enough sellers that they changed the policy.

I like that they fixed one issue but they need to figure out the proper solution for all.

azshtr
08-15-2008, 12:03 PM
i got ripped off for 300 dollars by paypal due to a con pullin a good one so i have refused to use it for the past year craigs list is way better

If you link paypal to your credit card you can refuse to pay the credit card as a fraudulant deal. This gives you one more layer of protection.

mysunnshine
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
The problem is that if they piss off all of the sellers, then they don't make any money. I guess they forgot that ALL of their income comes from the sellers(listing/selling fees and Paypal charges) and none of it from the buyers. They missed the boat on this one-

04jeeptj
08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
The problem is that if they piss off all of the sellers, then they don't make any money. I guess they forgot that ALL of their income comes from the sellers(listing/selling fees and Paypal charges) and none of it from the buyers. They missed the boat on this one-

X2:fashizzle:

azshtr
08-15-2008, 05:56 PM

That doesn't mean they should allow the shafting of the buyers!

offroadaz
08-15-2008, 06:00 PM
It may have been a heavy handed fix but there was a serious problem with many sellers. The abuse was to threaten to leave the same feedback the seller received regardless of the performance of the buyer

Yep

Sellers brought it on themseleves