PDA

View Full Version : Home invasion

SHNIPE
08-11-2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepagetopstory/stories/tolleson-local-news-081108-deadly-home-invasion.372ab53c.html

TOLLESON -- The search is on for at least two men believed to be involved with a deadly home invasion in Tolleson.

Homeowner killed 1 suspect

It happened at about 9 p.m. Sunday near 91st Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road.

Three men reportedly tried to bust into a home in the neighborhood.

According to Phoenix police, at least one suspect is dead after the homeowner pulled a gun and fired in self defense.

Police said that homeowner was also shot in the confrontation. His injuries reportedly were life threatening.

A neighbor said she saw a suspicious-looking car before bullets started flying, and knew something was not right.

"It came down the street here, and then it backed up and just sat there, like right in the middle the intersection," the woman said. "That really didn't sit right with me, how that felt. I went back into the house and about three minutes later I heard between 10 and 12 gunshots, and so I called CrimeStops right away."

Police are searching for two other men who were seen leaving the area in a gray or silver P.T. Cruiser with the personalized Arizona Diamondbacks license plate. The partial number on that plate is T-M-O.

According to neighbors, the suspects were wearing full body armor and were armed with AK-47 assault rifles.

Bravo to the home owner for protecting himself. I could imagine with assault rifles that they didnt intend to leave the family unharmed when they left.

Scary whats going on lately with the criminals becoming far more aggressive than in the past. Body armor, mexican military, and assault rifles.

On a second note: its amazing how the government wants to take all our protection away from us. The criminals will still have them why not us. Another reason Obama wont be on my good kid list this year.

Henthorn
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I wish they would enact some type of legislation making it legal to kill any known gang member or known associate. I do not differentiate between terrorist or gang member. IMO they have both equally voided their right to life.

RubiJk
08-11-2008, 04:31 PM
A PT Cruiser with personalized Dbacks license plates?!?! Who'da thunk?!

I cant imagine staring at 2 dudes with body armor and AKs in my house. Thats some intimidating stuff right there. The home owner is either one hell of a shot, or pretty lucky. I hope he pulls through...

Neno
08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm glad to hear a story of somebody protecting their property. I have a desert eagle .50 cal that is ready for just such an event!!!!

offroadaz
08-11-2008, 04:36 PM
guys were wearing body armor and he killed one with a shotgun? Must have been a headshot

jperez
08-11-2008, 04:42 PM
blow em all to hell

AZG23
08-11-2008, 04:47 PM
depends on what level of armor...but at that point..its definite head shots

Henthorn
08-11-2008, 05:00 PM
or a rifled slug......

SHNIPE
08-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Either way im sure it made a pretty mural on the wall! Id spray some clearcoat over it

jperez
08-11-2008, 05:07 PM
frame that sucka!

Howyadoin
08-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Sad thing is, in our society today, he'll have to go to court to defend himself! IMO, he should get a medal and a parade!

Henthorn
08-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Thats why they say

"If your going to shoot, shoot to kill"

dead people dont sue very well....

allek@t
08-11-2008, 05:29 PM
body armor and ak-47's? doesnt that sound a mite suspicious?

Maybe im still living in the land of the naive but, who does home invasions like that anymore?

Looks like they KNEW this dude was armed and they came prepared....hmmmmm......

conspiracy theory....

GRUNT
08-11-2008, 06:09 PM

Maybe im still living in the land of the naive but, who does home invasions like that anymore?

conspiracy theory....

I asked the PD guy that came by our station about this. He, along with a firefighter we have here who is retired Tempe PD(SWAT/Undercover), stated most home invasions are because they know:
-The owner(for whatever reason, i.e. - revenge, gang on gang, etc...)
-They know the house has drugs or drug money
-The new one, they know the house is a drop house and they ar etrying to steal immigrants or possible money at the house

The other small percentage is random opportunity robberies, like when they case/go for a house because they see a little old person or a mom at home without a male.

Bilt4Comfort
08-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Sad thing is, in our society today, he'll have to go to court to defend himself! IMO, he should get a medal and a parade!

Not in our state he doesn't. We once again have the castle doctrine on our side. Burden of proof is on the perp...not the homeowner. A dead perp is the best kind of perp. I keep 000 buck loaded up for my headshots. If my aim is a little low, he'll have a mighty sore throat.

HvyHau8272
08-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Kudo's to the home owner for a job well done.

FrenchChili
08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
The neighbor heard shots and called "Crime Stoppers"... *** 9-1-1 to hard to remember?

lol might as well call 1-800-spr-hero

but hey, they came right!

djui5
08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
blow em all to hell

+1

frame that sucka!

Thats why they say

"If your going to shoot, shoot to kill"

dead people dont sue very well....

lol might as well call 1-800-spr-hero

hahahaa

roadrashmike
08-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm glad to hear a story of somebody protecting their property. I have a desert eagle .50 cal that is ready for just such an event!!!!

wow EVEN IF YOU MISS THE NOISE ALONE WILL SCAIR THEM TOO DEATH,OR YOU CAN ALWAYS THROW IT AT THEM,AIM FOR THE HEAD.

Bilt4Comfort
08-11-2008, 08:12 PM
wow EVEN IF YOU MISS THE NOISE ALONE WILL SCAIR THEM TOO DEATH,OR YOU CAN ALWAYS THROW IT AT THEM,AIM FOR THE HEAD.

Yeah, not the ideal home defense weapon. Unless your neighbors don't mind a bullet coming through their wall.

Henthorn
08-11-2008, 09:35 PM
actually, while the .50 AE cartridge has a lot of knock down to it... the first thing it hits, well thats it. very doubtfull it would travel very far either, balistics on that round kind of suck for any distance... Its a nice gun for close range shooting off of body parts though.

now... use a 45-70 revolver and... well you get the picture.

Moriarty
08-12-2008, 12:12 AM

conspiracy theory....

X2
Nobody does a home invasion robbery with an AK47 and body armor unless they know the intended "victim" has mucho drugs, mucho drug money, or mucho illegal immigrants stashed in his house. When was the last time you heard about a robbery where the armor wearing AK47 carrying robber just took the VCR and the flatscreen.

I want references on that "victim". Although I dont ever mind one criminal capping off another criminal which is what Im guessing this was. Just my $.02

chopped7
08-12-2008, 08:28 AM
X2
Nobody does a home invasion robbery with an AK47 and body armor unless they know the intended "victim" has mucho drugs, mucho drug money, or mucho illegal immigrants stashed in his house. When was the last time you heard about a robbery where the armor wearing AK47 carrying robber just took the VCR and the flatscreen.

I want references on that "victim". Although I dont ever mind one criminal capping off another criminal which is what Im guessing this was. Just my $.02

that's exactly what i was thinking when i read this yesterday.