PDA

View Full Version : So 3rd day of kindergarten...

mingoglia
08-11-2008, 11:09 AM
So our first child started kindergarten on Wednesday. Today's Monday (today's actually his 5th birthday), and I just got this email from my wife:

"It was sad this morning Alex was standing in line walking to his class and some boys pushed him out of line and wouldnt let him back in... so he put his head down and went to the back of the line.. it was so sad then he looked @ me and smiled and said Bye mom... "

So, do I need to take a chill pill? 'Cause now I'm wanting to drop him off to school myself so if I see something like this go on I can demand that the school get his father down there so I can kick his freakin' a s s. Am I over-reacting? Probably. It's probably because public school is the first time that he's in an environment outside of our control. As a parent, I assume you just get used to this after a while? Cause I'm almost in a rage and wanting to at least go down to the school and verbally attack whoever was watching the kids when this happened....even resort to personal insults just to make myself feel better. I guarantee the word "incompetent" would probably be used on multiple occasions during the verbal lashing.

Okay, perhaps the venting made me feel better already. :)

RubiJk
08-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Umm... yeah. It doesnt get any better and it wont go away. Mine started 1st grade today. I went through some of this crap last year. Man I was biting my tongue a LOT. You gotta let him be. He'll figure it out. My son took some crap, but then I also saw him dishing it out a little. At least in K he was on the "small playground" with only other K'ers. Today, I dropped him off to GENERAL POPULATION with the big kids. He better not come home with a black eye or I'm kicking somebody's a s s too! Ok, got a little side tracked there... Obviously, it hasnt changed for me in a year... I still feel like you do, so I guess you just have to get used to it.

Navigator
08-11-2008, 11:54 AM
My nephew starts his first day of K tomorrow. His moms gonna miss out on this, but Im kinda over protected AUNT. I will kick someones BUTT if they do something like that to my nephew. Hey WE ALL were in the same boats as our kids. We all pulled out, so will the kids.

ademster
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Great, SOmething to look forward to in 3 yrs when I put my Boy Mikey in kinder.

jpotts
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
My oldest kid just started 5th grade today at a new school.

Honestly, I wouldn't sweat it too much. This is the kind of stuff boys need to learn to deal with as they grow up. Unless there is some real danger, I'd stay out of it. I know I would have been embarassed if one of my parents came in everytime I got into a scuffle. In my opinion, I'd talk to my kid abuot sticking up for himself a little bit. I had a problem with that though too. After I had similar conversations when my kid was that age, I started getting reports of my kid being the bully for a few months. He hasn't gotten into trouble for years now.

mingoglia
08-11-2008, 12:04 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't sweat it too much. This is the kind of stuff boys need to learn to deal with as they grow up. Unless there is some real danger, I'd stay out of it. I know I would have been embarassed if one of my parents came in everytime I got into a scuffle. In my opinion, I'd talk to my kid abuot sticking up for himself a little bit. I had a problem with that though too. After I had similar conversations when my kid was that age, I started getting reports of my kid being the bully for a few months. He hasn't gotten into trouble for years now.

Yea, I imagine it also gets easier the second time around. ...also, yea, a child doesn't need to see dad become unglued either. :wings: I need to practice some breathing exercises.

RubiJk
08-11-2008, 12:06 PM

Yep, yep, YEP! Its a fine line. I am always preaching both sides of this. Dont put up with crap and defend yourself... and then I have to switch sides and tell him not to start crap. I give him some reminders, but pretty much let him take care of it. I think its harder on ME than it is HIM. The bigger prob for me now is him being the class clown. It went from bully in day care, to bully + victim (ha) in pre-k, to class clown + + in K... Wonder what this year is gonna bring?!!? Yep, Adam, enjoy it while you can! It'll get SO much more complex over the next couple years for you... :aagh:

chopped7
08-11-2008, 12:10 PM
i wouldn't worry about it too much. i've got kids in 7th and 3ed grade. we've dealt with similar stuff. it all seems to work itself out. my wife gets more involved than i would like her too though. i think she would kick my son's 4th grade teacher's *** if she ever sees her again.

allek@t
08-11-2008, 12:13 PM
My boyo started 2nd grade today, he was soo excited even though he had a rough experience coming into the middle of the year at this school.

It was hard letting your little fledgling out into the big world but trust me when i say that this is going to be be the best time of his life. New kids, new friends, new things.

At some point, he will learn to defend himself. And I would only worry if something serious happens. ex: last year mine, pushed a girl down, turns out the girk was picking on him and had pushed him, and he pushed her back.
Now mind you, he knows better than to hit girls, he still defended himself.

Its a learning experience for everyone involved. Rest assured guys, that they will tell you how their day went, and if they had any MAJOR concerns about what happened.

04jeeptj
08-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I would not have a problem going into school and get this 'Fixed' and I have done that on several occasions, where I did not like the way my kids were treated by students and/or teachers. Once to the point the teacher was being fired.

I didnt go into the school very often, but they figured out that when I DID go into the school, something was probabally wrong and I was there to fix it! :devilish:

EDIT: One note, I have Twin Girls, So im probabally over protective toward them... If I had a boy I would tell him to kick them in the "soft spot"! And if the school had a problem with that I would take care of them too. :P

RubiJk
08-11-2008, 12:19 PM
i wouldn't worry about it too much. i've got kids in 7th and 3ed grade. we've dealt with similar stuff. it all seems to work itself out. my wife gets more involved than i would like her too though. i think she would kick my son's 4th grade teacher's *** if she ever sees her again.

I know the feeling... I wanted to kick my son's K teacher's *** last year big time! It got so bad once during the parent/teacher that I had to ask my son to leave the room so I could rail on her! Ha! I saw her this morning and my blood started boiling! Hmm, maybe I need some chill pills or a good shrink or something... :confused:

k7mto
08-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Our girls are in 2nd and 3rd grade. They've both been involved in issues at school where they've been picked on. Over time, both have learned how to handle conflict with their peers and they know when to tell a teacher and when to handle it themselves.

In one case a boy was intimidating our daughter, calling her names, etc. My wife told her to to tell a teacher the next time he bothers her. I concurred, but when mom wasn't around, I told her if he lays a hand on her, she has the right to defend herself. And I've taught them both how. Luckily it resolved itself but I have every confidence my girls can take care of themselves ;)

desertangel
08-11-2008, 12:28 PM
I know the feeling... I wanted to kick my son's K teacher's *** last year big time! It got so bad once during the parent/teacher that I had to ask my son to leave the room so I could rail on her! Ha! I saw her this morning and my blood started boiling! Hmm, maybe I need some chill pills or a good shrink or something... :confused:

Both I would think.

It can say after having three kids go through this that it does work out and then you just get different problems with the school and kids to deal with.

chopped7
08-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Our girls are in 2nd and 3rd grade. They've both been involved in issues at school where they've been picked on. Over time, both have learned how to handle conflict with their peers and they know when to tell a teacher and when to handle it themselves.

In one case a boy was intimidating our daughter, calling her names, etc. My wife told her to to tell a teacher the next time he bothers her. I concurred, but when mom wasn't around, I told her if he lays a hand on her, she has the right to defend herself. And I've taught them both how. Luckily it resolved itself but I have every confidence my girls can take care of themselves ;)

i hope you didn't tell them to kick the boy in the balls. a girl kicked me in the nutz in 5th grade and i wasn't even doing anything to her. she just wanted to kick a boy in the balls. she ended up being my girlgriend in 7th grade and i think the 1st girl i ever kissed. ahhhhh.... young love.

jpotts
08-11-2008, 12:38 PM
i hope you didn't tell them to kick the boy in the balls. a girl kicked me in the nutz in 5th grade and i wasn't even doing anything to her. she just wanted to kick a boy in the balls. she ended up being my girlgriend in 7th grade and i think the 1st girl i ever kissed. ahhhhh.... young love.

I had something similar happen to me in junior high. I went bowling with a girl who kicked me in the nuts at the bowling alley for no reason - just because she wanted to. We wound up dating for a while too. Maybe it's some young adolescent female mating ritual or something.

azshtr
08-11-2008, 12:46 PM
My son and I were on a golf outing with the middle school club. I got confronted by a girls dad and was told I had better get my son to stop harassing his daughter. I laughed and that really pissed him off. My sons story was different... girl came on to him and he shunned her, then she started harassing him so harassed her back, then she complained to an overly protective daddy. Two sides to every story and some people have blinders on. The kids will figure it out for themselves. Thats part of life's lessons we all learn.

BushDawg
08-11-2008, 12:59 PM

allek@t
08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Ive always told my son that picking a fight is a big no-no and will get you grounded for life, but defending yourself, and fighting back is ok. Some teachers think im nuts, but hey it works, when you 5yr old lays out a 11 yr old for calling him a cry baby.

Just my 2!

mingoglia
08-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Sounds like you all got it easy so far. Here is my run down:

Daughter in 7th grade
Daughter in 5th grade
Daughter in 2nd Grade
Son in Kindergarten

It is definately a little frustrating watching your kids go through things when all you want to do is protect them. I no longer attend Parent / Teacher conferences after expressing my concern over the Teachers lack of concern for my children's education and safety while at school. I now let my wife field these events since she has more restraint than I do.
Crushing experience having your baby come home from school crying because someone bullied them for the first time. It took several hours before I could calmly give her advice on how to handle it in a peaceful manner. Of course, I also told her as a last result use what you've been trained and drop them with extreme prejudice. :smug:
My daughter took my advice and was able to put an end to it without any harm or intervention. I am glad it ended that way but I was still angry about it for days after.
Well, from one parent to all of you, Wishing you patience, understanding and luck ! :)

Good point. If I heard about this when I got home it would have been tough hearing about it. I'm glad my wife emailed me so I've had time to vent and cool down. Now I can talk to him reasonably and not have anger in my voice when trying to come up with some life long advice on how to handle the situation.

Craig Hayes
08-11-2008, 01:19 PM
If it was your daughter then I would be down there in a heart beat, but boys will be boys and I am sure your little boy will only remember that person and choose not to have anything to do with that bully. Deep Breath

knockonit
08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
The last of four daughters graduated last year, and yes they were taught how to play kick the balls,
But have to say the oldest taught the next generation a thing or two about school as time goes on, spend a lot of time at the schools mostly on problems with the immigrants not getting the common courtesy thing right.
Having girls in sports was tough too, programs always being slashed to save money for other things,
Anyway, its tough, to watch them start their own way in the world, with guidance and a patience they will survive, they have to learn which way to turn to resolve issues or ask for help.
I wish all good luck, as mine are thru lower grades with one and the final one off to community college for a year then a school of choice or which ever accepts her. Her three sisters are all graduates from either ASU, or NAU, or AU, so we'll see what goes. Ones a phd, yeehaw, just one friggin money pit.
heehehe

desertangel
08-11-2008, 01:27 PM
If it was your daughter then I would be down there in a heart beat, but boys will be boys and I am sure your little boy will only remember that person and choose not to have anything to do with that bully. Deep Breath

Girls can take care of themselves just as well if not better than some boys.

My Green Jeep
08-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Mike... been there... went through that...

It does get easier.. trust me... it hurts to see your child get bullied
around but it is a growing and learning experience for them... and for
the parent...

sucks... big time... but we cant always be there 24/7 for them... even
though we wish we could...

chopped7
08-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Ive always told my son that picking a fight is a big no-no and will get you grounded for life, but defending yourself, and fighting back is ok. Some teachers think im nuts, but hey it works, when you 5yr old lays out a 11 yr old for calling him a cry baby.

Just my 2!

last year, a kid had been picking on my 12 yr old son for most of the year. nothing physical, just antagonizing/harassing. my son just kind of blew it off until the end of the year. on the last day of school, the kid was mouthed off as usual and my son didn't beat him up but he did throw him to the ground with some authority to send a message. since it was the last day of school, he didn't get in any trouble but will get a little more respect from that kid this year. the kid could have got up and retaliated but chose not to. instead, he went to a teacher.

k7mto
08-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Girls can take care of themselves just as well if not better than some boys.

That's for damn sure! No need for any double standard of running to protect the daughter while letting the son handle things himself.
My girls don't take **** from anyone anymore.

LOST TJ
08-11-2008, 01:40 PM
I just got done picking up my daughter after her first day of kindergarden.
It's rough letting your little one go out in public and not under the parents eyes. My wife is a stay at home mom and the kids have always been with her or me so today was a heart tugger for sure. She did great and even made some new friends. No one has picked on her yet. I am sure it'll happen sooner or later. Thanks for all the great advice in here. Good thread Mike. Sorry your boy got picked on and good luck resolving it. The things we have yet to face. :smug:

My Green Jeep
08-11-2008, 02:24 PM

Just my 2!

Ok... I agree with this... Jeremy was getting bullied at school.. the kid
would not get out of his face... Jeremy tried his best to get the kid to
stop.. no go..

Jeremy belted him.... :smug:

The prinicipal at his school got mad at me... ohh I almost for got to
mention I was the PTA President at the time :drummer: The principal
was pissed because I did not punish Jeremy...

Reason being... Jeremy tried to get the kid out of his face without physical
force... when all attempts failed then Jeremy nailed him... that was ok in my
books...

I do not condone fighting but... he tried to get the kid to stop and that
did not work... well :pinch:

mingoglia
08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
It's rough letting your little one go out in public and not under the parents eyes. My wife is a stay at home mom and the kids have always been with her or me so today was a heart tugger for sure. She did great and even made some new friends. No one has picked on her yet. I am sure it'll happen sooner or later. Thanks for all the great advice in here. Good thread Mike. Sorry your boy got picked on and good luck resolving it. The things we have yet to face. :smug:

Thanks Travis... I forgot how many of us have the same age kids... we need to have another kids run the end of October, early November when it gets cooler. Wait, that would assume that I get on the ground and install my front drive shaft installed by then. Wait, let me clarify, that means I have to get my butt off this forum and ORDER a front driveshaft, then get my butt on the ground and install it... within the next 2 months. :aagh:

mingoglia
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM

Hypocrite. I can think of several occasions where you threatened to kick my butt, Rox... so don't try to put yourself out there as a saint. :angel:

BTW, the bunny doesn't like 4 Wheelers. He ate about 50 holes in my Wheelers t-shirt.

LJYJ
08-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Any one ever seen this? LMAO!

RubiJk
08-11-2008, 02:38 PM

Hey Travis... Did I see your Jeep last week at QR for the "meet the teacher" thing?

Neno
08-11-2008, 02:52 PM
First of all let me start by telling you that John Wayne is my hero. Anyways his real name is Marion for those of you who didn't know that. Anyways when he was younger he was a pretty small guy...and with that name the kids would beat him up and make fun of him. One day after getting beat up he passed the fire station crying. So one of the fireman called him over and asked him if he would like to learn how to box. So every day after school he would learn boxing. Well after a couple of months of learning to box...those kids started up again. To make a long story short.....John Wayne beat the living sh-- out of them. He then was never bothered again.
This is really long...but I think it is a good story that many people don't know !!

LJYJ
08-11-2008, 02:54 PM
First of all let me start by telling you that John Wayne is my hero. Anyways his real name is Marion for those of you who didn't know that. Anyways when he was younger he was a pretty small guy...and with that name the kids would beat him up and make fun of him. One day after getting beat up he passed the fire station crying. So one of the fireman called him over and asked him if he would like to learn how to box. So every day after school he would learn boxing. Well after a couple of months of learning to box...those kids started up again. To make a long story short.....John Wayne beat the living sh-- out of them. He then was never bothered again.
This is really long...but I think it is a good story that many people don't know !!

NiCE story :fashizzle:

My Green Jeep
08-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Hypocrite. I can think of several occasions where you threatened to kick my butt, Rox... so don't try to put yourself out there as a saint. :angel:

BTW, the bunny doesn't like 4 Wheelers. He ate about 50 holes in my Wheelers t-shirt.

HA HA HA... thats what you get Mike! Saint? Me :smilielol5: ohhh please...

I am more like this :devilish: :argue: than :angel:

ha ha ha ha

desertangel
08-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Nope I am the :angel:

allek@t
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Someone has to be, cause i sure as hell aint! lol

RubiJk
08-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Someone has to be, cause i sure as hell aint! lol

:no: Nope, but you kinda make up for it by being such a good trail mom!

SavageSun4x4
08-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Simple: CCW permit, and teach him to blow the mofo away.:skull:

allek@t
08-11-2008, 05:10 PM
:no: Nope, but you kinda make up for it by being such a good trail mom!

just kinda? sheesh.

I am the farthest thing from angel that there will EVER be.

Just ask my husband. LOL

SHNIPE
08-11-2008, 05:15 PM
So i ve got 5 years to get my breathing down. And 13 after that to worry about what else might happen to my little girl! I think ill send her to another state for college :D out of sight, out of ... haha yeah right!!!

RubiJk
08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
just kinda? sheesh.

I am the farthest thing from angel that there will EVER be.

Just ask my husband. LOL

Well, I didnt wanna blow your cover... I actually thought of you as an angel, but maybe I havent seen the "other side" of you when you are satanic!?

RubiJk
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Simple: CCW permit, and teach him to blow the mofo away.:skull:

:smilielol5:

Min age requirements, remember Don?!

Imagine a 5 year old being tried as an adult!

jpotts
08-11-2008, 05:29 PM
So i ve got 5 years to get my breathing down. And 13 after that to worry about what else might happen to my little girl! I think ill send her to another state for college :D out of sight, out of ... haha yeah right!!!

I'm glad that I had 2 boys - not that girls are bad, they'll just make you prematurely grey. I just got off the phone with my 9 year old after his first day of school. One of the first things I asked is if there are cute girls in his class. I'm pretty sure it would be the opposite with a girl.

allek@t
08-11-2008, 05:39 PM
HA! thats funny, mine told me that he made a "new friend" and that he needs pencils......

boys....

and j, yeah, its called the irish side! Just add booze!

Bilt4Comfort
08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
So our first child started kindergarten on Wednesday. Today's Monday (today's actually his 5th birthday), and I just got this email from my wife:

"It was sad this morning Alex was standing in line walking to his class and some boys pushed him out of line and wouldnt let him back in... so he put his head down and went to the back of the line.. it was so sad then he looked @ me and smiled and said Bye mom... "

So, do I need to take a chill pill? 'Cause now I'm wanting to drop him off to school myself so if I see something like this go on I can demand that the school get his father down there so I can kick his freakin' a s s. Am I over-reacting? Probably. It's probably because public school is the first time that he's in an environment outside of our control. As a parent, I assume you just get used to this after a while? Cause I'm almost in a rage and wanting to at least go down to the school and verbally attack whoever was watching the kids when this happened....even resort to personal insults just to make myself feel better. I guarantee the word "incompetent" would probably be used on multiple occasions during the verbal lashing.

Okay, perhaps the venting made me feel better already. :)

You need to get a Rx for some chill pills asap, or die of a coronary. The kids gonna have waaaaaay bigger problems than what you described. I've got a boy who's a sophomore, a daughter in the 8th grade, and a daughter in the 5th grade. It's been a real challenge, but we've managed thus far to keep them out of the trouble I started getting into by the 7th grade. An incident or two with the boy fighting, but the other kid had it coming. Still, I had to encourage him to take alternative actions for his own good. Sometimes all it takes is a kid giving another kid who's asking for it a good *** whoopin', and all the other kids will get the message. Kindergarten may seem a little early, but these days, they're packin' heat already.

HvyHau8272
08-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Ok... I agree with this... Jeremy was getting bullied at school.. the kid
would not get out of his face... Jeremy tried his best to get the kid to
stop.. no go..

Jeremy belted him.... :smug:

The prinicipal at his school got mad at me... ohh I almost for got to
mention I was the PTA President at the time :drummer: The principal
was pissed because I did not punish Jeremy...

Reason being... Jeremy tried to get the kid out of his face without physical
force... when all attempts failed then Jeremy nailed him... that was ok in my
books...

Well done Rox.

I dont condone fighting either but, I do condone standing up for yourself at all cost!!

I have instructed both my girls to stand up for themselves if they are in the right and no or stop is not accepted. They both have expressed concern about getting in trouble for thier actions and i have told them to let me deal with the schools.

Our schools are teaching our kids to become cowards and not fight for what is right. The answer "Go tell the teacher" is a joke. Most teachers these days only care about payday. BUT, On the other hand, in alot of those cases I dont blame the teachers based on some of the kids I see these days.

SHNIPE
08-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm glad that I had 2 boys - not that girls are bad, they'll just make you prematurely grey. I just got off the phone with my 9 year old after his first day of school. One of the first things I asked is if there are cute girls in his class. I'm pretty sure it would be the opposite with a girl.

I started with a grey spot when i was 18... its bigger now! Ill keep that in mind! Wonder if i can get a job at the school :D

My Green Jeep
08-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Well done Rox.

I dont condone fighting either but, I do condone standing up for yourself at all cost!!

I have instructed both my girls to stand up for themselves if they are in the right and no or stop is not accepted. They both have expressed concern about getting in trouble for thier actions and i have told them to let me deal with the schools.

Our schools are teaching our kids to become cowards and not fight for what is right. The answer "Go tell the teacher" is a joke. Most teachers these days only care about payday. BUT, On the other hand, in alot of those cases I dont blame the teachers based on some of the kids I see these days.

X2... that is what I was trying to get across... I do not condone fighting but
if you need to stand up for yourself and belt someone... :pile: happens, life
goes on...

live and learn... and the kid did... he didnt pick on jeremy anymore..

:fashizzle:

weasel_ugs
08-11-2008, 11:15 PM
I was the kid in school always being picked on, I would usually just ignore them or walk away. Well finially when I had enough or they pushed a little harder I would finially blow a gasket,either following up with a punch or getting in their face about it. What I learned was most bullies would push you around cause you let them,once you stand up to them(not always with violence) they leave you alone.

I never got into fight in school,usually getting in their face was enough to settle the situation. One time I punched a guy and it went no further than that. Don

LOST TJ
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey Travis... Did I see your Jeep last week at QR for the "meet the teacher" thing?

Yeah, that was my junk. When i saw your Jeep i remember thinking, "cool another Jeep parent at QR" I tried not to get to close too your rig though. I didn't want to drool on it. :) I like the 4 door JK's alot. Talk to you soon.

Travis

RubiJk
08-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah, that was my junk. When i saw your Jeep i remember thinking, "cool another Jeep parent at QR" I tried not to get to close too your rig though. I didn't want to drool on it. :) I like the 4 door JK's alot. Talk to you soon.

Travis

I dunno... the grass is always greener... I was looking at yours thinking how much fun it would be to hit the 4.0 trails with! Also, drool is much easier on the paint than rocks so it wouldnt have bothered me or the heep in the slightest!

Hey tell me that you dont have a certain K teacher... I wont name names (m s. m c c u e)?!?! She and I almost threw down last year! HA! If so, DONT mention my name!

Ya know, with these kids around the same age, we all need to plan a Kid M&G... Something like the coves where the kids can play in the water or something.

jhart
08-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Ya know, with these kids around the same age, we all need to plan a Kid M&G... Something like the coves where the kids can play in the water or something.

Sounds like fun. Set it up on a Saturday, and my son and I will try to be there.

allek@t
08-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Ms mccue? What school does she teach at? is it in north phoenix?

There is a ms mccue at my friends school.

ShmUDE
08-12-2008, 12:03 PM

Im a big kid...can i play too :aagh:

mingoglia
08-12-2008, 12:09 PM

I'm thinking the same thing. We had a kid friendly run the day before easter... but personally I think it's still a bit warm. Especially in rigs without tops. I'd like to go if it was perhaps sometime in the mid-October range.

desertangel
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
I am a kid too. So there has to be kids my age also.

RubiJk
08-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Ms mccue? What school does she teach at? is it in north phoenix?

There is a ms mccue at my friends school.

Yep N. Phx. Initials Q (uail) and R (un)... I cant just spell it out, because, well that wouldnt be cool. :smug:

I thought about taking this dame to the school board. I had many a conversations with the principal about her. My Mom is a retired teacher of 25+ years and was appalled by how she taught. A friend is a teacher of 15+ years, and K at that... Her son had "this specific teacher" the year before and told the princ she needs to be fired asap. I think they are just strapped for teachers at this grade, so keep her around.

My son is a-type, and pretty smart. They basically had a personality clash, and there wasnt any respect being shared either direction. My son was bored with the teachings, so could be a little trouble maker. (Yes, I beat his arse for this!) Anyway, it is her JOB to find out how to connect with him, but she just refused. Instead, she butted heads with him. One time, he was behind her back mocking her as she was disciplining another child (yes, I beat his arse for that one too!)... the whole class laughed and she LOST her temper. Very unprofessional! Now I dont condone my son's bad beahavior, but I think some of the reasoning behind it was simply because she couldnt/wouldnt figure out how to connect with this specific student of hers. From the research I did on her, the kids she butts heads with are boys, smart, with outgoing personalities. The girls she gabs with and is on the same level with... She and my son basically competed for the respect/attn of the other students. Pathetic behavior from a "profession adult"...

Anyway, I am done ranting and bashing. I prob shouldnt spread this in a "public forum" but she really deserves it...

RubiJk
08-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm thinking the same thing. We had a kid friendly run the day before easter... but personally I think it's still a bit warm. Especially in rigs without tops. I'd like to go if it was perhaps sometime in the mid-October range.

I'm up for whatever the majority would want to do. I am doing the M&G this weekend, Payette/camping the next (with my son), then ASU football starts(!), birthday party... :aagh:

October would work just fine!

AZJeepdad
08-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Simple move:

Teach son to step on assailants foot with his instep and PUSH. This causes bully to fall to the ground. All the while he needs to use a command voice saying "BACK OFF" or "LEAVE ME ALONE". When questioned, have son claim "I dunno, he just fell down" Enroll son on Karate or Judo ASAP. I despise unwarranted aggressive behavior or bullying, however one MUST be able to defend against such barbarism when it arrives.

Tom

Mike M
08-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Try to remember when you were his age, what did you do? Did mom and dad step in? The kid has to learn to fight his own fights, or he'll be depending on you to fight them for him for life. He'll figure it out. It's a part of life, growing up, and developing life skills they will use for the rest of their life. I have six kids, the three oldest are out of the nest, and yes, I too witnessed them get pushed around when they were young, but they learned to deal with it.

The Ben
08-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Remi, came home from the park this weekend crying cause some BIGer kids were picking on him and calling him names,He asked them to stop and leave him alone but they persisted, so he got on his scooter and started to leave when one of the little Fuc**** pushed him. He came home crying and told me what had happened so I slipped on some flip flops and lit up a smoke then went for a walk to the park. When I got there two of the otherkids where still there so I had a talk with them telling them they were going to go to jail for picking on little kids and after they started to cry them selfs I told them to run home and not to come back to my park again.

I have never had to deal with anything like this before but I want to get him a slapjack for the next time :angel:

AZJeepdad
08-15-2008, 06:17 AM
I have never had to deal with anything like this before but I want to get him a slapjack for the next time :angel:

:smilielol5:

My Green Jeep
08-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Ok... I am a bit curious... how has the week went so far guys..

All the kids made it through.... ok:confused:

Samantha graduated from HS in May so no more kids in school :fashizzle:

allek@t
08-15-2008, 08:12 AM
So far so good. Eo likes his teachers, no bullies and had been on top of his homework.

How about everyone else?

My1stJeep
08-15-2008, 08:54 AM
I don't want to jinx it, but so far all has been pretty good.

FrenchChili
08-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Remi, came home from the park this weekend crying cause some BIGer kids were picking on him and calling him names,He asked them to stop and leave him alone but they persisted, so he got on his scooter and started to leave when one of the little Fuc**** pushed him. He came home crying and told me what had happened so I slipped on some flip flops and lit up a smoke then went for a walk to the park. When I got there two of the otherkids where still there so I had a talk with them telling them they were going to go to jail for picking on little kids and after they started to cry them selfs I told them to run home and not to come back to my park again.

Nice lol