PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Tanks

DirtyKorean
07-17-2008, 10:15 PM
The tanks have been closed for sometime now, anyone know when they will open it back up.

I talked to a buddy that does a route up the 87 and he says he stops and checks to see if it's open from time to time but no go.

Use to play paintball out there, and go camping it's a great place.

Thanks Jason Diff.

dieter
07-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Were are the Bushnell Tanks?

azshtr
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM
The tanks are north of Phx about 30 miles on 87, at Sunflower (not the mine), east side of road. Forest road 22 is the closed road and the only way in. Reno pass goes there from the other side of the mountain but it is closed as well.

Its been closed due to fire and then a flash flood, caused by the lack of ground cover, that resulted in deaths. The lawsuit claims it should have been closed due to potential flash flooding after the fire. I spoke to a forest officer and was told this is in litigation and will be closed an unknown time frame due to the litigation. I feel for anyone in this situation however I do wonder if its a case of someone driving into a flowing/flooding wash and being responsible for the result, then having blame to place elsewhere.

Digger
07-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Bushnell tanks was always one of my favorite places to explore, I remember this big old tree on edge of creek the huge roots exposed, what a scarey lookin tree. I dubbed it the Troll Tree!! ya know I drove by there last weekend and it looked like the gate was open, but it could have just been a ranger. It's been a long long time, would like to get back in there, wide variety of rocks and minerals back there.

DirtyKorean
07-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I love the tanks it's a great place it sucks that someone went back there and had a accident when I was closed. I remember the fire we played paintball out there two weeks before that and then it was whamo closed for the fire.

That was in 2004 I believe but this does suck. Well hopefully they open in the next year or so.

Digger I know what tree your talking about