PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Trail boss/riders

JeepfromKentuke
07-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey guys n gals, as most of ya's know I just recently moved out here. Well I am looking for some trail rides in Tucson, I posted a bulliten on craigslist, and have gotten many replies, well now We need a boss/leader, and other Jeepers, Leave a reply or message me. Thanks :driving:

Lonnie
07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Where have you been trail wise around Tucson? Where do you want to go? How is your rig equipped? Would gladly take you or small group on some of the local trails if interested.

PM me if interested?

Lonnie

Bilt4Comfort
07-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Lonnie is your man. Others will attest to that.

Lonnie
07-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the testament, Your going to have to get back down here to hit a couple of other trails. Plus I haven't had your new junk following me since my last trip to Moab when Mac had it and all it did was pass air at every little dip or crack in the trail. LOL How do you like the air suspension on that thing? It seemed like the guys running it in Moab on the last ROF run we went on a couple of years ago spent a lot of time working on their rigs at the motels right after the FedX guy showed up with more parts every morning. I hope Mac got all the bugs worked out of it before you picked it up. It's still a little warm but maybe in the Fall you can make it down and we can hit the Gap or maybe a couple of other trails.

Huck
07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the testament, Your going to have to get back down here to hit a couple of other trails. Plus I haven't had your new junk following me since my last trip to Moab when Mac had it and all it did was pass air at every little dip or crack in the trail. LOL How do you like the air suspension on that thing? It seemed like the guys running it in Moab on the last ROF run we went on a couple of years ago spent a lot of time working on their rigs at the motels right after the FedX guy showed up with more parts every morning. I hope Mac got all the bugs worked out of it before you picked it up. It's still a little warm but maybe in the Fall you can make it down and we can hit the Gap or maybe a couple of other trails.

:) Lonnie, that is story very reminiscent of what Kent told me. Something about how the hotel looked like the pits on a NASCAR race day, every evening.
Say Howdy to Helen for me. I hope you both are well.

Lonnie is the man. He's good people and knows them Tucson area trails. You can trust him:fashizzle:

Crasher
07-25-2008, 09:16 PM
They don't come better than Lonnie. Last year, he took me (a total stranger from WI) to Chivo Falls to see how we could drive, and the next day through the Gap. He had to drag me off a rock in the middle of the river in 2 1/2' of water, but we made it. My son was in a ZJ with upcountry springs and a 2"BB with an Aussie locker. I had my WJ with just a 2" lift and LSD.
I'm looking forward to this winter when we're back down for a few months. The ZJ is a couple inches higher now with other goodies. I hope to go with him again thru the Gap and other trails as well.
Lonnie, Did you have the knee surgery?? Hope all is well. Scott still talks about our run. He might bring his H3 down in Feb to put some Arizona pin stripping on it.

Doug

Lonnie
07-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Doug that was the last trip I made thru the GAP, My hip was on its last good moments when we went. Had the hip replaced the 2nd of April and all went well. Tomorrow the 26th of July will be my first trip back to the Gap, went to the Falls last Saturday for the first time since our trip and they were running rather nice. We've had a nice wet summer so far and there is always a little water in all the streams. Looking forward to seeing you folks again, I had a blast with your family for those two days. If Scott brings his H3 I can almost bet he won't go home without some good ole Arizona pin stripping :aagh:. I'm sure we can find some spots to to help it along and it won't be at the Rodeo. Drop me a line when you all get out here and we can hit some of the local trails again, this time I won't be limping, well at least not as bad.

See you soon.

Lonnie

AZ Bulldog
09-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Hey guys, I know this thread is a couple months old but just wanted to say there's a good size group of us JK's here in Tucson that go out quite often and now that it's starting to cool down we'll be out even more.

We (Tucson peeps) should get a run together, let me know.

Mitchell. (520) 907-6365

Hey Lonnie, long time.

Lonnie
09-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Hey Mitchell how have you been? I haven't been out much this year, just a couple of small short runs. But we are going out Saturday to the Falls and then doing the lower loop/Tanque Verde loop. Meeting at the Circle K at 8:30on Saturday your more than welcome to join in.

AZ Bulldog
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Lonnie,

Thanks for the invite, I'd love to go. Do you have room for a couple more? I don't want to tell anyone else if your pretty full.

Thanks, Mitchell...

Lonnie
09-22-2008, 04:42 PM
As of right now there are 5 jeeps not counting you. I think that trail can handle a few more jeeps without too much trouble. LOL Not sure if we are going down to the Falls, usually we just drive by when we do the loop, unless someone really wants to do the Falls. Your more than welcome to join in on the fun, hope to see you all on Saturday.

AZ Bulldog
09-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks buddy, I might have two other guys that will want to go but no more than that. Looking forward to it.

Mitchell...

AZ Bulldog
09-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey Lonnie,

Thanks for letting me tag along yesterday, you've got a good group of guys. Let me know about the next one if you don't mind me taggin' along again.

Mitchell...

Lonnie
09-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Mitchell it was a really good day could have been a little cooler but overall great day, good people, fun trail. Will probably try doing the Gap mid to late October, will keep you posted on the date for that.

Lonnie

RokNRich
09-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Need pic's !

:)

Lonnie
09-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Need pic's !

:)

Sorry I don't think anyone had a camera, that way no incriminating or embarrasing photos. The Falls were almost dry, no water in the creek and overall a non eventfull run. Had a new very young driver, 16ish, with us in a new to him jeep with his dad, he did very well with a little spotting by Shane. But like I said a nice day to be in the Rincon mountains enjoying the views and good folks.

RokNRich
09-28-2008, 10:08 PM
No worries Lonnie, glad to hear you guys are still getting out, hope things are going well with you and Helen and hope to see you a run before too long, it's been too long.......

Sonoran_Tj
09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
that was a lot of fun... you got me officially hooked on off roading. looking forward to the next time i can go, so long as school doesnt get too busy.

Austin

Sonoran_Tj
09-29-2008, 06:10 PM
My dad was taking pictures out of the window, so here they are... forum wont let upload any more, but we took 20 or so pics

AZ Bulldog
09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Austin,

It was nice to meet you and your dad, you did really well for your first time and it looks like you guys were having a lot of fun. Hope to see you guys out there again.

Mitchell...

Crasher
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Lonnie, Anita and I are coming down in the middle of Nov for the winter. I want to take her through the Gap in the 1st part of Dec. Scott and his wife are coming back down around New Years for a run or 2 and he mentioned looking you up. My ZJ that he drove last year has a 5" lift now with adjustable arms, MT tires, and an ARB bumper w/winch. Anita needs a step stool to get into it and we all have a good laugh when she climbs in.

We look forward to seeing you again, Doug

moshy
01-24-2009, 07:08 AM
is this the southern az trail thread then? I'm in for anything my low output with roller skate tires can handle.

GTABurnout
01-28-2009, 10:16 AM
I wiould be intrested in a easy trail run mainly juist to get out meet people and see some cool sights.

AZ Bulldog
01-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Well guys I'm booked with work for a couple weeks and getting over this cold (flu) but after that I'm going to take some time and do some wheelin'.

All are welcome to join, I'll post up when and where.

Mitchell...

Randyd
01-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Well guys I'm booked with work for a couple weeks and getting over this cold (flu) but after that I'm going to take some time and do some wheelin'.

All are welcome to join, I'll post up when and where.

Mitchell...

Well Mitch. I'll be darned, you hiding over here... Hope your feeling better. Was worried about you.....
Hope ya get cought up soon.....:whip:

AZ Bulldog
01-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Not hiding, just trying to let locals know they're welcome to join us anytime.

moshy
01-30-2009, 03:44 PM
thanks, i look forward to it- especially in the summer when I can just park under your rig for shade. :laugh2: