PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Net Control

RandyT
05-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Guys,
After several communications from various members I feel the need to post the following: If you are acting as net control and want an alternate maybe you should arrange who it will be before hand or make sure one of our guys takes it. :)

Thank you.

AZG23
05-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

gefelix
05-16-2008, 02:33 PM
X2

K7VZ
05-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Do as you want, but I ran the net for 3 weeks without one and I didn't think there were any problems that couldn't be handled. Doubling is going to happen and if you can't hear someone's call, ask to repeat. We can all kind of help police ourselves and lend a hand to the net control.

I agree that last week was a little out of control. I'm always willing to help out. I don't always speak up right away, because I wanted to leave it open for others. Feel free to call on me to help anytime.

AZG23
05-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Id help...but Im in the street in the Jeep...to get out from Surprise...so writing in the dark, isnt the best situation...so I havent volunteered.

OddBallXJ
05-17-2008, 12:02 AM
I asked for the assistance because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep up with the radio traffic, staying current with call signs, names, etc. I feel badly about the way last week went, since you brought the topic up, and I will take responsibility for that. My bad.

AZG23
05-17-2008, 09:25 AM
its NOT your fault John...its the few stations that plopped in with really no regard for the net. Stations should check in, and wait their turn on net to ask questions in all reality...and some stations will talk just to hear themselves.....we all know that. The freqs are for all of us...

OddBallXJ
05-17-2008, 11:28 AM
I know. thanks. I'm really looking forward to the night run to meet everyone.

What's the story on the skid plate (I think it was a skid plate)?

AZG23
05-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Ive got it pulled out and ready to go...just need to spray it off so its ready to go...

I was thinking we would just meet at the airdown/up spot at TM and leave it there til we get back. Then Randy can give me a thousands dollars for it and we can go eat dinner on his dime.

Sounds like a good plan eh..?? ;) Or...depending on when you get to the area of 101/I-17...maybe you will be ahead of sched and can stop in to our workplace....my cell is

six oh too - fowr wun ziro - six six fowr three

and or...will have the HT on at work on 24 machine monitoring at that time.

OddBallXJ
05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Dinner on Randy?- outstanding!! I'll be pulling into TM between 6:30-7:00 so I can unhook and putts up the hiway to BCC. I'll yell at you on .24

AZG23
05-17-2008, 05:51 PM
okey doke....we get off @ 6:30p and will be rolling out of the lot @ I-17 and UH

RandyT
05-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Dinner on Randy?- outstanding!!

What kind of jelly do you guys like on your PB&J sandwiches?

AZG23
05-17-2008, 10:30 PM
What kind of jelly do you guys like on your PB&J sandwiches?

LOL...strawberry of course...

but Ill be sporting a few TinFoiled HotPockets via the Jeep 4.0....to enjoy later on the trail at dinner stop

Sc00by
05-17-2008, 10:41 PM
I too would like to do Alt net control, I could put the radio in the house & do it from my desk.

On a side note, we ALL know how Travis will ramble on & on & on & on & on... well you get the idea, As tempting as it would be to "key up" while he's talking I dont, and I know we all heard the squash that was going on. My fear is if the ARA hears this going on during the net would we lose our privlage (sc) to use these repeaters for our net?
PLEASE dont take this as me standing up for Travis, when I heard he was the Alt for the net I almost fell out of the XJ.
Just my $.02 :)

Lookin forward to meeting everyone next Saturday!!!

K7VZ
05-18-2008, 07:01 AM
On a side note, we ALL know how Travis will ramble on & on & on & on & on... well you get the idea, As tempting as it would be to "key up" while he's talking I dont, and I know we all heard the squash that was going on. My fear is if the ARA hears this going on during the net would we lose our privlage (sc) to use these repeaters for our net?
PLEASE dont take this as me standing up for Travis, when I heard he was the Alt for the net I almost fell out of the XJ.
Just my $.02 :)

I've heard Travis being jammed the 3 or so times he has joined our net. ALSO, I've heard the same thing 2-3 times outside of the net. Randy and I had a chance to discuss this yesterday and he said the ARA is aware that someone has been jamming Travis and they have actually tried to triangulate where the jam signal is coming from. As Paul said, DO NOT let them find it is someone from our net. (I don't think it is.)

A note for future net controls, if Travis or anyone else joins in and takes the net off topic repeatedly like that, we just need to step in and say "This is a directed net. You are welcome to join in, but please keep it on topic." As for Travis specifically, he likes to talk and I don't think he even realizes the amount of disruption he caused. If we politely said something to him, I think he would understand about keeping the net on topic.

OddBallXJ
05-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Just a thought, but this may not be the forum to discuss this.... some things are better left off the air.....

Sc00by
05-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Sorry for the thread hijack.

As stated earlier I too wouldn’t mind giving alternate net control a try some time.:aagh:

AZG23
05-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Thats good to hear...while some can go on a bit, its not right to mess with anyone. There are some people that annoy me, and I either switch feqs, turn it down or turn it off...however, a gentle reminder to those that may break the net can keep it on topic. We have to remember we arent the ONLY ones on air.

Everyone has done a great job with the Net....I think John is correct..this site is announced on air...and can be read by anyone.

gefelix
05-18-2008, 10:45 AM
All very good points.