PDA

View Full Version : Martinez Mine open or closed?

rolldit
05-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Can anyone confirm or refute the rumor that Martinez Mine Trail in Florence AZ has been closed?

Cheers

ROKCRLR
05-15-2008, 07:21 AM
I ran it a few weeks ago and it was open.

ryangibson
05-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I ran it last weekend and two weekends before that. Seems that the difficult portions are getting easier.

Video of our April run out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81iyqUqMo5U

GRUNT
05-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Open

The confusion over whether it was going to be open/closed was from the metal/pipe spotted on the trail. It was assumed that the trail was going to close but it will be used for some issue with water holes/cattle I believe. The trails are open....for now.

My1stJeep
05-18-2008, 10:37 AM
It is currently open unless something changed. This is the MOST contested trail of the travel management plan for FJ. The Wilderness Coalition was trying to even support an angle that if we agreed to close this they would back off all the other trails, we did not cave in our stance, but rather offered up some options that would allow us to keep it open, but help mitigate the issues they raised. I will say that even after the travel management plan is complete, if this trail is open on that plan, it will be a fight with the opposition as they are going to still do what ever it takes to close it down. If you see a spill of fluids that someone else did not clean up, take the time to do so.