PDA

View Full Version : Jeep key taken

arczech
04-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Where to start,
2 days ago Tammy went to go to work and could not find her keys,
So she grabbed my set and relized hers are in the ignition.
Went to work (carefree hwy I17) and since can not find keys.
She went to work and no one seen her keyring.
After putting the Jeep back together Still no key
TAMZTOY is an 05 tj
We still have the spare but think someone took the set of keys from the jeep or parking lot. ????????????
We just got done changing the house locks.
The keys are on a ring with other keys
Just in case, I posted this to say that there is a key to a Jeep that is at large.
Thanks
Alan and Tammy

Allen
04-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Is it the encoded key? Is the key black or grey?

If it's the encoded key you could take it to a dealership and they may be able to change the security pin!! That way your lost key wont work anymore!

Bilt4Comfort
04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Call Joe at Absolute Offroad, tell him what happened, and tell him I told you to ask him about the $109 "pod" that will set your mind at ease. You'll not likely get out of the dealer for less than that.

terron gregg
04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
i had to replace the tumbler in my ignition and from the dealer ( airpark it cost me 137) for the dam thing their not cheap

arczech
04-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Is it the encoded key? Is the key black or grey?

If it's the encoded key you could take it to a dealership and they may be able to change the security pin!! That way your lost key wont work anymore!

Grey, Thanks for the info
Will make calls in the morn.
Just wanted to say there is a missing key out there.
Alan and Tammy

arczech
04-16-2008, 07:43 PM
OMG,, After a few looks around Tamz work lot and a quick eye in the bushes.
We have our keys again.
Thanks for all the help, And in case this happens again (NOT)
If anyone that reads this will follow the advice of others.
Thanks again for the help and (Teamwork)
Have a great day)
Alan and Tammy

brian lujan
04-17-2008, 08:53 AM
thats not cool at all.

alanntamtam
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
thats not cool at all.

I dont understand. what does that comment mean?

k7mto
04-18-2008, 04:17 PM
fwiw...

My SIL went into the bank and set her keys down while she filled out some forms. When she finished, her keys were gone. She looked all over, went outside, looked around the (locked) vehicle. She was sure they weren't locked inside.

She went back into the bank and they called the Police who informed her that apparently it's quite common for people grab your keys, then wait for you to leave, get a ride home, etc. and while gone, they break into and/or steal your car, not to mention have keys to your home, etc. They checked bank video and it showed a woman grabbing her keys and leaving the bank.

My wife brought her spare keys and she drove the car home. Later that evening, the Police got a call from the Subway near the bank after they'd found the keys in the garbage can (pure luck). They got the keys back to my SIL. She was lucky.