PDA

View Full Version : Red TJ

Silvacon
04-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Hit some trail last night at WT and stumbled upon a stock red TJ about 100 yards into intimidator. Not knowing if someone was still there we walked to it calling out. There was a trail of fluid from the start to the current location. The D35 is mangled. Looking further at the jeep we find that the steering column has been broke. From that point we took the VIN, tag number and GPS coordinates. When I got home I called MCSO to report the finding. So if anyone knows of someone with a missing red TJ, it has been discovered..

jeepdude775
04-09-2008, 09:29 AM
This is getting effing rediculous. We should be able to hang car thieves or shoot them. these people are pile of:001_9898:and do not belong in society. These same pukes would probably kill your grandma for their purse.

Rant over

Silvacon
04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Lesson learned and message passed along to all....SCREW GPS coordinates:mad:, they cant use them. I have been on the phone with MCSO 3 times since 2:30 a.m. so far trying to gove direction the the jeep. I was given a lovely wake-up call at 7 am for the second call......YEA!!!!!

ArizonaXJ
04-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Lesson learned and message passed along to all....SCREW GPS coordinates:mad:, they cant use them. I have been on the phone with MCSO 3 times since 2:30 a.m. so far trying to gove direction the the jeep. I was given a lovely wake-up call at 7 am for the second call......YEA!!!!!

I have given MCSO grids before. You have to specify what type of grid referencing system you are using. I always use the military grid reference system and I tell them that. Depending on who you talk to, they would need to convert their system over to match yours or vice versa.
I know, it's frustrating as h**l.
You know what they say though; no good deed goes unpunished.

Silvacon
04-09-2008, 02:19 PM
They called me a little after 11 to tell me they found it.......one less burnt vehicle.

Jdemonto
04-09-2008, 02:27 PM
They called me a little after 11 to tell me they found it.......one less burnt vehicle.

Good job on saving the Jeep..Hopefully it won't get totaled by the insurance

Jason

howhypno
04-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm glad someones vehicle has been recovered. I'm also happy to hear there are those out there like you that will take the time to report something like this. I just hope someone like you comes across the truck of mine the thiefs stole three weeks ago!
Cheers all
Kenneth

Detention
04-11-2008, 08:16 AM
It was probably some high school punks that live in buckeye because they had to walk a few miles out and probably didn't have any Buddy's with them.:001_9898:

mookee54
04-14-2008, 09:51 PM
My neighbor just got her red TJ stolen this past Friday. It was a stocker, black top, a baby seat, and new MTRs. Did you by chance get the plate #? She hasn't heard anything from PD yet...

Detention
04-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Has she called the Sheriffs office and Buckeye PD?