PDA

View Full Version : Irlp

Sc00by
04-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok Probably a stupid question for some...

1st off, I have the YAESU - FT-8800R
2nd Im in Las Vegas and have found an IRPL reflector node 3260 Ive been listening to people from a far away as Japan, Miami ect. ect.

Now I have the PDF of my owners manuel and have read thru it but can seem to hit that node or reflector.

So my quesion is does anyone here have the same kind of radio and if so have you done anything on the IRLP side?
IF so... HOW!!!! :aagh:

Calizonia
04-05-2008, 08:22 PM
It sounds as if you have located a local repeater that has IRLP. Basically all you have to do…is key up and using the DTMF keypad just punch in the numbers of the node you want to link up with, to bring down the link, (disconnect) punch in 73 on the DTMF keypad. (when you connect to node, it will usually ID itself with some kind of telemetry). Of course use all the proper protocol before, during and after you have linked up the IRLP node. There is a node close to me (KC7GHT. NODE 3820) Joe Ruby owns it, if you want to do a test you can call me on it. I hope that helps a little bit.

I will also try and give you a shout on the western reflector in a few.

Good luck

Calizonia
04-05-2008, 08:28 PM
ok...i connected and it stated it (node 3260) was located in Freemont, CA. So, it sounds like someone from there had connected to the Vegas link. I'll try another way.

Calizonia
04-05-2008, 08:38 PM
i connected to node 9250 (western reflector, las vegas) i called for you a few times...I'll be monitoring node 3820 if you want to try and connect to it. have fun.

Sc00by
04-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Just seen your post,

On the reflector here Im listening on 147.000
Im not exactly sure how to connect to the node, Im able to hear everything that comes across it.

So do I key up & type in the node# that Im listening to RO is there some other prosedure?

Calizonia
04-05-2008, 08:49 PM
if the node you are listening too is already connected to another node, you will not be able to connect to a different. you will have to wait until it has been disconnected. then you will type in the node number of a node you want to connect to.

yeah, that's it...basically you just key up and type in the node # that you want to connect to. for example 3820 will connect you to Glendale, AZ. or node 6500 will connect you to Australia.

Sc00by
04-06-2008, 11:21 PM
My Hat off to ya Jimmy!
Great job on walking me thru my 1st IRLP link and not only that my first contact on 70cm too!

Again Thanks! :D
Look forward to many more nodes in the future