PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GSXR-600

Henthorn
03-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Ok, looking for someone that has expirience with the 2006+ gsxr 600 (or really anyone that knows the engine/drive)

Before I left on deployment I managed to destroy the clutch. The first clutch disk was ground down to just the 'teeth' and the pressure plate was toast-with obvious signs of high heat blueing on the first plate.

I'm 99.98 percent sure that it was caused by an incorrect adjustment from the previous owner (picked up the bike when it had 2500 miles, now has a little over 6k)

The red oil light is on-makes me nervous-but Im thinking it could be caused from excessive clutch material stuck in the filter(there was a lot of it in the engine case) Am I correct in thinking this? Doesnt seem that any gears are messed up and all the chains are intact.

Maybe just a new clutch pack/pressure plate and some careful cleaning of the case, along with a filter change and flush?

Any obvious things Im missing here?

Clutch basket looked great when I left--just one of the disks, one plate and the pressure plate were screwed.

Thanks for the help!!!

mysunnshine
03-30-2008, 11:26 AM
I seriously doubt that the clutch material will cause any issues. The screen for the pump p/u is pretty coarse. Make sure the the clutch discs are installed correctly when you replace them. The thin disc and the bellevue spring in first and the last will have the tooth offset from the others. I'd change the oil/filter and see if that helps any. If not, you may want to check the oil pressure yourself with a guage.

Henthorn
06-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Well...

Got the GIXXER drained of its oil and spent about an hour (or so it seems) spraying brake cleaner into the engine case... I let it drain (more on that later) and then replaced the clutch disks, springs, and plate (basket was still good) filled her up and fired her up...

:fashizzle: It works fine!!! have been riding it for about 200 miles now and all seems well-- Im going to change the oil out for some good quality Repsol at around 500 miles or so.

(on draining the brake cleaner from my case: Everything was going great up untill that point... I replaced the filter and drained the oil without ONE drop getting on the ground.. well by the time I was able to drain the brake cleaner from the case I had had about... well... 6 okay maybe 8 beers and an arrogant bastard.... So in my momentary lapse of judgement I decided it would be a good Idea to drain the brake fluid into a styrofoam container...:skull: :confused: What the hell was I thinking................)

terron gregg
06-05-2008, 05:22 PM
hey if you ever need a good mechanic my brother in law works at metro motor sports on bell i will vouch for him he knows his junk cll down there and ask for tony Wilson he works on the side as well to save some cost for you

SHNIPE
06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
terron does he have VJC discounts??

terron gregg
06-06-2008, 04:14 AM
depends on your skills im sure he work a pretty good deal as far as labor parts i dont know

mingoglia
06-06-2008, 09:08 AM
hey if you ever need a good mechanic my brother in law works at metro motor sports on bell i will vouch for him he knows his junk cll down there and ask for tony Wilson he works on the side as well to save some cost for you

You mean the AZ Motorsports group has a good mechanic at one of their stores? Things must have changed since the last time I brought one of my quads in there. :)

SHNIPE
06-22-2008, 01:46 PM
wanna trade your gix6 for my jeep??

terron gregg
06-22-2008, 05:05 PM
i know we all give him crap for going there but what the are paying him id of went to but he is an awesome tech.

You mean the AZ Motorsports group has a good mechanic at one of their stores? Things must have changed since the last time I brought one of my quads in there. :)

Henthorn
06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
wanna trade your gix6 for my jeep??

Jeez is that offer is kinda tempting....

SHNIPE
06-27-2008, 08:52 PM
not sure if it was sarcasm but if it wasnt.. let me know :D

Bilt4Comfort
06-27-2008, 08:57 PM
not sure if it was sarcasm but if it wasnt.. let me know :D

Dude...you got more invested in stickers on that heep than that bike is worth...lol