PDA

View Full Version : Tow Rig stolen!

howhypno
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Hello all,
I just found out about this site in my search for fellow 4x4 and Jeep lovers. Unfortunately just a few days ago my truck was stolen in the Glendale area, right out of my driveway while we were home! It is a 1992 Ford f-150 extended cab 2 wheel drive, It is Red on Gray with running boards. If you should happend to come up behind this truck you'd see the left rear top of the bed smashed in a bit and expired Arkansas license plates on it! They actually had to break in and connect up the battery to take it!
I look forward to being an active part of this group.
Thanks for the extra eyes on this truck guys.
Kenneth

mingoglia
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Hello all,
I just found out about this site in my search for fellow 4x4 and Jeep lovers. Unfortunately just a few days ago my truck was stolen in the Glendale area, right out of my driveway while we were home! It is a 1992 Ford f-150 extended cab 2 wheel drive, It is Red on Gray with running boards. If you should happend to come up behind this truck you'd see the left rear top of the bed smashed in a bit and expired Arkansas license plates on it! They actually had to break in and connect up the battery to take it!
I look forward to being an active part of this group.
Thanks for the extra eyes on this truck guys.
Kenneth

Do we have your permission to beat the perpetrator into pulp?

My Green Jeep
03-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Do we have your permission to beat the perpetrator into pulp?

FWIT...you have my permission :smug:

Welcome to the jungle :aagh:
nice to have you with us....

sorry to hear about your tow rig :(

yellow_X
03-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Yessssss, Rox gave us permission!!! Welcome to the group, and I'll be looking for your rig, hope I see it!

howhypno
03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
You have my permission too, he'd better not be found by me if I have a gun, not that I'd kill him, but he'd probably wish he didn't mess with my truck!
The story gets worse too, we called the insurance company after it happened and they told us our agent had not issued our insurance with theft protection or collision only the lowest he could do legally, we thought we had comprehensive....so I guess no payout for the truck either.
I'll see if I have pics to post when I get back home tomorrow.
Thanks guys.

My Green Jeep
03-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Yessssss, Rox gave us permission!!! Welcome to the group, and I'll be looking for your rig, hope I see it!

Yep Craig... have at <bg>

ohhh...

:worthless:

jperez
03-26-2008, 03:46 PM
i hope he (the thief) runs into yellow x..... i know i wouldnt wanna piss him off!

terron gregg
03-26-2008, 05:05 PM
You have my permission too, he'd better not be found by me if I have a gun, not that I'd kill him, but he'd probably wish he didn't mess with my truck!
The story gets worse too, we called the insurance company after it happened and they told us our agent had not issued our insurance with theft protection or collision only the lowest he could do legally, we thought we had comprehensive....so I guess no payout for the truck either.
I'll see if I have pics to post when I get back home tomorrow.
Thanks guys.
what about home owners insurance ????

howhypno
03-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Okay I was able to find a couple pics of the truck for anyone willing to help look. A few 'features' that should make it easily recognizable: license plate is Arkansas number 554 KYP, it has side steps from the factory and there isn't that many with them out there, it has the remains of a toneu cover rails on the bed sides, the front bumper has a plate holder that doesn't have a plate, and is slight tweeked from a deer, the black plastic on the tailgate is broken in the middle, and the biggest thing is that the left rear bed over the taillight is really bent and painted with spray paint. See pics.
Any help is appreciated.
Kenneth

ryan rich
03-28-2008, 03:13 PM
most home owners dosn't cover any thing over 50cc

k7mto
03-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Sorry about the theft of your truck.

As for your insurance, if you've been paying the agent for theft and collision coverage and he only issued the minimal required, you should contact a lawyer and sue him for *at least* the value of your stolen truck.

Then I'd call the AZ Attorney General's office and the AZ Better Business Bureau and file complaints against him and hopefully he'll lose his license.

mingoglia
03-28-2008, 03:47 PM
most home owners dosn't cover any thing over 50cc

I was told the rule of thumb is if it has a VIN, then you need a separate policy for it.

gotpower
03-29-2008, 11:27 AM
They said on the news lastnight thieves are hitting the Cabela's in Glendale pretty hard.

Taking larger four door 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. Pretty friggen brazen considering the number of weapons readily available in and out of that store. God help the person I see/catch trying to steal from me.........

Triple-XJ
03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
They said on the news lastnight thieves are hitting the Cabela's in Glendale pretty hard.

Taking larger four door 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. Pretty friggen brazen considering the number of weapons readily available in and out of that store. God help the person I see/catch trying to steal from me.........

Amen :kenny: :angel:

T.C.'S TOY
03-29-2008, 03:55 PM
This kind of crap turns me into a ragging maniac and don't think i would be in control at all watching someone try to steal anothers vehicle.....T.C.:aagh:

arczech
03-30-2008, 02:56 PM
We will keep an eye out, From my neighbors that had there Ford truck stolen. It is probably in Sierra Vista or crossed the boarder by now.
Sorry and will keep an eye out in case it is seen

howhypno
03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
We've decided its gotta be long gone by now. It sucks that the insurance screwed us over on this one too.
We are going to go ahead and buy a Cherokee so the whole family can wheel. Then the MJ can become a little more hardcore without worrying about trashing it too bad.
Any one have a cherokee for sale? Cash in hand, looking for under $3,000. Heck it doesn't even have to be built up.
Thanks for all the eyes out there looking for us, I'm keeping my eye out for the other rigs that have been stolen from the group as well.
Kenneth

Detention
04-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Okay I was able to find a couple pics of the truck for anyone willing to help look. A few 'features' that should make it easily recognizable: license plate is Arkansas number 554 KYP, it has side steps from the factory and there isn't that many with them out there, it has the remains of a toneu cover rails on the bed sides, the front bumper has a plate holder that doesn't have a plate, and is slight tweeked from a deer, the black plastic on the tailgate is broken in the middle, and the biggest thing is that the left rear bed over the taillight is really bent and painted with spray paint. See pics.
Any help is appreciated.
Kenneth

Sorry to hear about this. I see from the pic that it had a sliding rear window. This is what makes it the perfict truck for border jumping, because they can use a butter knife to open the rear window. I know this because I had one and locked my keys in it once. I hope they get:dupe::2guns:

lancetkenyon
04-02-2008, 12:13 PM
We've decided its gotta be long gone by now. It sucks that the insurance screwed us over on this one too.
We are going to go ahead and buy a Cherokee so the whole family can wheel. Then the MJ can become a little more hardcore without worrying about trashing it too bad.
Any one have a cherokee for sale? Cash in hand, looking for under $3,000. Heck it doesn't even have to be built up.
Thanks for all the eyes out there looking for us, I'm keeping my eye out for the other rigs that have been stolen from the group as well.
Kenneth

Check Craig's List, there are a ton on there.

howhypno
04-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. Still looking for the truck and a Cherokee to buy. Tax money should be here next week!
Anyone doing the run this weekend and have space for someone to ride along? My MJ is not up and licensed right now, maybe in the coming month. I have school until the 17th then the summer off for play time.

arczech
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
There is a big group going to Sheeps bridge on Sun. Might want to check the thread.

howhypno
04-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Ended up buying two Cherokees over the weekend! Thanks to Craigslist.
I will soon have a 91 sport with a brand new clutch kit up for sale if any one is interested.
And I'm now set up to wheel, but nothing very (meaning nothing over a 4.5) serious. 94 with makeshift lift and 35" tires on D30 and 8.25 Rear locked up. I don't want to break anything yet.
Thanks for all the comments and help out there looking for the truck guys. I still hold a very little hope that it will be recovered.

howhypno
04-09-2008, 11:04 PM
bump,
Just holding hope that the truck will come back!

howhypno
05-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Update!
The Phoenix PD found the truck yesterday morning, less than 10 miles from the house, then had it towed to Cave Creek!!! I was home when they found it and they didn't even bother to call until after they had ordered the tow. I'm a little frustrated at that but at least have my truck back with only a little damage to the hood. Now I'm afraid the guy that stole it has a set of keys for it and I know he has a set for my motorcycle (I know dummy me, I accidently left a set in the truck).
I guess I'm going to have to rekey the truck locks.
Kenneth

Jdemonto
05-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Glad to hear they found your truck!

Jason

lancetkenyon
05-05-2008, 10:06 AM
No suspects? Found it where, a residence? Mall? Glad it is back.

Detention
05-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Good to hear that you got your truck back in one piece.