PDA

View Full Version : UFWDA Needs Positions Filled at the July Election - Could it Be You?

ThePagan
03-12-2008, 08:59 AM
I have been asked and then appointed to the Nominating Committee for UFWDA's annual elections...

UFWDA needs to fill three positions: President, International VP, Director of Membership

A number of people in Arizona and on this board are vocal and are involved at many levels.. perhaps this is the next step for someone here. If you have business experience, project management experience or a drive to want trails open for your children or your children's children or just want to learn what really happens at the national level this may be your opportunity...

And you don't necessarily even have to be a fan of UFWDA - I support UFWDA but I am also one of their biggest antagonists as I don't agree with everything they do or necessarily with the way they do things - and that is what makes an organization grow... differences of opinion that are worked thru in a professional manner make for stronger better organizations. But UFWDA is the only National/International Organization ran by a volunteer board... which makes it very unique but it means that it needs new people to keep growing.

If you have any interest or questions feel free to send me e-mail at thepagan@rockcrawler.com and I will answer whatever I can.

The BOD of UFWDA consists of Avid Wheelers who are volunteers (reasonable expenses for execution of duties to UFWDA are paid).

PRESIDENT. The President shall preside over all meetings of the membership, the Board, and the Executive Committee. The President shall exercise a general supervision over all of the affairs of UFWDA. The President shall be a member ex-officio of all committees, but shall not be counted in determining the presence of a quorum for the transaction of business by any committee. The President will be responsible for managing the board, keeping the focus of the board for the calendar year, and serving as a point of contact for the board with the Operations Manager, when the position is filled.

INTERNATIONAL VICE PRESIDENT. The International Vice President is responsible for serving as liaison between UFWDA and the
international four wheel drive motor vehicle user community.

DIRECTOR OF MEMBERSHIP. Director of Membership monitors and works with the membership database. Interfaces with the Administrative Officer. Deals with the Organizations, and Individual Members. Must be bonded / bondable

So who is next to step up to the plate?

Thanks,

Shawn

__________________________________________________ _
Notice of Establishment of Nominating Committee

In accordance with the bylaws of the Corporation, Article V Section 5, I must appoint a committee for the purposes of submitting a list of candidates for Directors positions for the upcoming annual meeting.

The purpose of this notice is to announce the establishment of said committee.

The committee is to consist of 4 members comprised of 2 Members of the Board and 2 members of the organization.

Representing the Board on this committee will be Patricia Groom and Peter Vahry. The membership will be represented by Shawn Pagan and Dave Logan.

Respectfully yours,

Wayne Groom
President