PDA

View Full Version : Willow Springs Sunday March 2nd.

Sean K.
02-27-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm merging two threads to try and get everyone on the same page.

I'll be locking these two threads after this post so if you need info or want to comment, please do so here in this thread.

These are the threads in question:

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=31490

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=31577

Sean

Sean K.
02-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Okay, so here's the deal. I'm putting together a Willow Springs run for this coming Sunday.

We are meeting at the gas station just north of US60 and Idaho Road in AJ at 8 am. The gas station is on the east side of Idaho.

I am bringing along several (up to 7) modified Toyota FJ Cruisers. While they are modded decently (rear lockers, a-trac electronic traction control....much like a limited slip, sliders, lifts, some with winches and f/r bumpers, 285s or larger), most are fairly new to offroading.

You MUST have a current Bulldog Canyon Permit to run this trail. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Since these guys are new to offroading at this level, this will be an ALL day event most likely. The only reason I can see it being cut short is if they simply cannot make it any further down the trail. There will be alot of spotting over stuff most of you would easily drive with no problems. It will be slow going.

If you decide to come along, please check any brand bashing at the pavement. We need these guys as allies to keep our trails open and until we all get to know each other, I'd like everyone to refrain from even joking comments about capability or lack thereof. Even things said in jest get taken the wrong way when you don't really know one another.

If you decide to come along and also realize that the pace the FJs are going is too slow, feel free to let me know and you can pass us. I'd recommend if you do that, you have at least one other Jeep with you as this trail gets more difficult the further you go in.

Recommended equipment for the Jeeps planning to go along with the FJ group:

Normally, I'd say run what you brung. I know there are some damn good drivers here that can and have done this trail with open diffs.....however, with a group of FJs on the trail, I don't have the time to babysit another group of inexperienced or under equipped Jeeps as well. If you aren't set up well and really want to do this trail, let me know and we'll plan another trip sometime, just not this Sunday.

So, with that in mind: I'd prefer it if any Jeeps coming along are locked f/r with 33" tires and some sort of slider set up (or a complete disregard for body damage). 4:1 tcase would be great, but not a definite necessity. I'd also greatly appreciate it if novice drivers bowed out of this run. Again, I'd love to wheel with you in the future, but I've got enough newbies on my hands with this run in terms of FJs.

So, if you're interested in coming, can agree to my goofy rules and don't mind taking all day to run the trail, please post up.

I'm not planning to limit the run, but if it just gets insanely big, we may have to split up into two groups.

Sean

Desertdawg
02-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm in! I'll meet you at the trailhead

I got my spare shafts and my Hi-lift mounted! Whoo Hoo!:auto:

ROKCRLR
02-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Count me in!

jwohl
02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I will meet you at the trail head also.

John

Sean K.
02-28-2008, 06:06 AM
Well, good news....sorta. We're now down to only 6 possible (5 more than likely) Fjs. Nothing against the guy that couldn't come; just frees up more time for the rest of the group.

For the guys meeting at the trail head......I'd guess we'll be there sometime between 8:15 and 8:30 jfyi.

Sean

Sean K.
02-28-2008, 06:07 AM
Oh ya....CB channel 4.

Sean

azcharlie
02-28-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm still planning to be there see you guys at the trail head.

Sean K.
02-28-2008, 04:42 PM
We'll see ya there. :)

Sean

lancetkenyon
02-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Me too. Mike got me on his permit as a guest, since I live in eastern CA compared to you guys.

Sean K.
02-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow Lance, you're going to have to get up at the crack of dawn to get out here by 8:30.

It'll be nice to see ya again. :)

Sean

lancetkenyon
03-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Wow Lance, you're going to have to get up at the crack of dawn to get out here by 8:30.

It'll be nice to see ya again. :)

Sean

I will meet you guys at the gas station off 60 and Idaho at 8AM. Leave my house around 6:30, up at 6:00, since the Jeep is already strapped down on the trailer. That is sleeping in to me, since I am at work at 4:30 everyday, up at 3:45.

Sean K.
03-01-2008, 08:58 PM
See ya then. :)

Sean

lancetkenyon
03-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Out the door..................

Sean K.
03-02-2008, 06:29 AM
I'm loaded up....see you in a bit.

Sean