PDA

View Full Version : Reminder - Sunday, 30 March 2008 - White Tanks

ArizonaXJ
02-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Hello All,
This is just a reminder about the scheduled clean-up out at White Tanks on the 30th of March 2008.
This is posted on the calendar.

Detention
02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I will be at the tanks. I live in buckeye.

Bilt4Comfort
02-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Appetizer is a mess...needs cleaning badly. And the car at the end of Firebird is a tire hazard.

AZG23
02-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Appetizer is a mess...needs cleaning badly. And the car at the end of Firebird is a tire hazard.

Agreed Appetizer IS a mess....but you can't take the Firebird out of the end of Firebird, or it wont be Firebird anymore without the FIREBIRD! Get it...:fashizzle:

ArizonaXJ
02-26-2008, 07:26 PM

I know of several people that would attest to that.

Agreed Appetizer IS a mess....but you can't take the Firebird out of the end of Firebird, or it wont be Firebird anymore without the FIREBIRD! Get it...:fashizzle:

What if we made a sign...like the one at Scorpion? OR, what if one of our more handy members made one of steel that resembled a Firebird...not the car, the real bird. I know we would have to concrete it in about 8 feet so that no one would steal it. It would also have to be made of at least 3/8" thick steel for the idiots that would shoot at it.

rum97tj
02-27-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm in.

My1stJeep
02-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I am not as worried about the Firebird at the end of Firebird as the trail does not require you to drive over the car, if you choose to and cut a tire might want to pick a different line. I think the cars in the washes and near the sand hill are a much bigger problem. Just for the historical part I think the firebird should stay. In addition the Firebird is actually on BLM land, that would be a different group we would have to conact for that clean up.

Appetizer and the areas closer to the sand dune I think are the biggest priority. These are also the areas that are truly on STL, other then Appetizer all our trails are on BLM land, not STL.

I have talked to Bill at STL again, the dumpsters will be in place on March 28 (Friday) and picked up on March 31 (Monday). List of things we cannot put in the dumpsters:
Tires
Anything with Freon still in it - No AC or Refrigerators
No Liquids (if it is a paint can and it has dried up solid it can go in)

If there is any question in your mind, we will find a location for items that cannot go into the dumpster.

I will continue to help organize this, however I will be at the Game and Fish Expo that weekend as an exhibitor with the AZOHVC doing demos and such, so I will not be able to attend.

My1stJeep
03-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Well I have some bad news. I received a call this week, sorry for delayed post.

The STL is worried about the dust issue within Maricopa county, and until they have it resolved they have now come back and declined our event. They will not put out the dumpsters nor support our effort.

I am going to try and see if I can change their minds this week, so keep your fingers crossed. I will keep you updated.

Stoy
03-19-2008, 03:24 PM
kind of Ironic That the people of the state want to help and clean it up but the State can't push past a little red tape to help out. Don't get me wrong I am sure that they are doing the best they can to get things done. That is The US Gov't at is best.