PDA

View Full Version : It does exist...

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Just so nobody thinks I am making this whole '03 Rubicon up, here are some driveway poser pics...

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18436&stc=1&d=1202163158
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18437&stc=1&d=1202163158
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18438&stc=1&d=1202163158

ROKBITR
02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
:worthless:

Oh....wait....I mean.....Sweet looking rig :fashizzle:

tywilson88
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
i saw you on the freeway today.

Antman
02-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Nice looking rig Billy.

ArizonaSunshine
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
What? I don't see anything :smartass:

TMR37
02-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Google photo is our friend. :D

Jdemonto
02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Well, you can easly drive past a house with a rubicon out front.:mickey:

J/K...Lets hit some trails..Since you have a rubicon

Jason

mingoglia
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I believe this to be a doctored photo. :online2long:

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
i saw you on the freeway today.

Not a paid endorsement of an actual sighting...

:D

bearlycontained
02-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Nice rig Billy. Where are you going to try it out first?

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Nice rig Billy. Where are you going to try it out first?

Unfortunately not until weekend after next (leaving tomorrow for the first series of WoO races)....

I am sure we will be heading up to TM...

Duality
02-04-2008, 03:23 PM
nice rig, whats your set up?

bearlycontained
02-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Unfortunately not until weekend after next (leaving tomorrow for the first series of WoO races)....

I am sure we will be heading up to TM...

Cool let me know. I have to check the vibration on the rig from yesterday but if nothing big i'll go if it is on a sunday.

themud
02-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Hey billy post up pics of the CK run from sat...
themud

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey billy post up pics of the CK run from sat...
themud

I wasn't on the CK run from Saturday.... :confused:

Cool let me know. I have to check the vibration on the rig from yesterday but if nothing big i'll go if it is on a sunday.

With my schedule, I am sure it will be a Sunday...

nice rig, whats your set up?

Well I bought it this way so I won't take credit for other peoples work...

As purchased:

4.5 RE short arm kit with upgraded arms, track bar, OME shocks
Nth Degree belly skid w/ 1.25 BBL and MM lift
4.88 R&P (news to me and I was complaining about a lack of power :eek:)
Currie steering
Warn gas tank skid, front diff skid
Jeeperman Rear bumper/tire carrier, and I think a Jeeperman front or a homemade knockoff
Poison Spyder crush corners, LED lights, Poison Spyder Ricochet Rockers
I am sure some other stuff
33x12.50x15 MTR's

Don't ask what I paid for it, cuz you'll be po'd.... :D

I added:

Fire Extinguisher
Optima Red Top
Warn M8000
CO2
Tools and such from my previously sold CJ
Hi Lift so I look like everyone else, but I hope I never have to use it...

Duality
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Don't ask what I paid for it, cuz you'll be po'd.... :D

not nearly as po'd as I was when I met the guy at Table Mesa with a big orange TJ with a long arm, 35's, D44s, ARB front and rear, fully worked over just mean beast. 04' with 60K miles he paid 13,500

THAT pissed me off.

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 03:56 PM
not nearly as po'd as I was when I met the guy at Table Mesa with a big orange TJ with a long arm, 35's, D44s, ARB front and rear, fully worked over just mean beast. 04' with 60K miles he paid 13,500

THAT pissed me off.

Well mine is an '03 with 30k and I didn't pay much more than that.... And fortunately for me a Rubicon comes with D44 F&R and factory air lockers...

lancetkenyon
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Looks sweet Billy, want to follow me? I will get it some "character".

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Looks sweet Billy, want to follow me? I will get it some "character".

Lance,

Well I will have to take the top off (you'd like that wouldn't ya)...

But I am itching to try that waterfall on Judgement day with it... I think with the TT it just might make Paige's line... :D

mingoglia
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM

THAT pissed me off.

Yeah, but half the experience is building it up. It's truly the only way to really know your rig for that time when you break down on the trail and need to fix your junk. I personally wouldn't buy an already built rig. :)

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah, but half the experience is building it up. It's truly the only way to really know your rig for that time when you break down on the trail and need to fix your junk. I personally wouldn't buy an already built rig. :)

I've got plenty of experience building things, for the $$$ I couldn't pass this one up.... Or to say the least I would have been foolish to think I could have bought a stock 03 to 06 Rubicon and bought everything this vehicle has bolted on to it and come out money ahead... And unfortunately money is a consideration to me...

Anyways there really isn't anything on this Rubicon that isn't a bolt on part or bolt on "upgrade", bolt on vehicles aren't "built", they just usually have a lot of money spent on them that a person will NEVER recoup (case in point what I paid was basically KBB for a stock Rubicon)... :eek: Sure the list of "bolt on's" may be somewhat lengthy, but honestly the whole operation could be done in two solid weekends of work at home (well maybe not two weekends for today's average at home would-be mechanic but I figure I could have done everything myself in two solid weekends of work with the resources I have other than the regearing as I would have probably farmed that out myself...) so it's not like there is a custom fabricated suspension, etc that is not a "proven" upgrade or modification...

Since I have spent 3 easy afternoons / evenings "nut and bolting" (and I did find somethings that needed attention before I would have been comfortable running ANY trail with it) the entire vehicle, installing the winch and other odds and ends, I figure I have more labor hours into this Rubicon than 70% of the owner's of vehicles that I will soon be sharing the trails with...

JMHO and $.02

bearlycontained
02-04-2008, 05:37 PM
You go Billy :lurk5: Some people just don't know what a good deal is. :2guns:

mingoglia
02-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I've got plenty of experience building things, for the $$$ I couldn't pass this one up.... Or to say the least I would have been foolish to think I could have bought a stock 03 to 06 Rubicon and bought everything this vehicle has bolted on to it and come out money ahead... And unfortunately money is a consideration to me...

Anyways there really isn't anything on this Rubicon that isn't a bolt on part or bolt on "upgrade", bolt on vehicles aren't "built", they just usually have a lot of money spent on them that a person will NEVER recoup (case in point what I paid was basically KBB for a stock Rubicon)... :eek: Sure the list of "bolt on's" may be somewhat lengthy, but honestly the whole operation could be done in two solid weekends of work at home (well maybe not two weekends for today's average at home would-be mechanic but I figure I could have done everything myself in two solid weekends of work with the resources I have other than the regearing as I would have probably farmed that out myself...) so it's not like there is a custom fabricated suspension, etc that is not a "proven" upgrade or modification...

Since I have spent 3 easy afternoons / evenings "nut and bolting" (and I did find somethings that needed attention before I would have been comfortable running ANY trail with it) the entire vehicle, installing the winch and other odds and ends, I figure I have more labor hours into this Rubicon than 70% of the owner's of vehicles that I will soon be sharing the trails with...

JMHO and $.02

I knew I should have clarified that.... I was directing that one at duality.... which is why I quoted him... I know you build junk obviously. Everyone gets their panties in a bunch so easily around here.

jperez
02-04-2008, 06:38 PM
and here is his other rig!
:sifone:

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I knew I should have clarified that.... I was directing that one at duality.... which is why I quoted him... I know you build junk obviously. Everyone gets their panties in a bunch so easily around here.

Mike,

Panties aren't in a bunch they are actually hanging quite low :eek:... Like I have said many times before, these things are just Jeeps... This forum has never got me all wadded up like I have seen so many others and it never will. I have much bigger fish to fry than what tire works the best for this color rock and how do I get than extra 1/4 inch of suspension droop that will never matter to anyone but myself.... :D

I figured you were directing towards Duality, the only reason for my response was to clarify that this is not what I consider as a "built" rig...

Your correct in your post, I just wished these folks that we spend our weekends with would skip a weekend of "wheeling" grab a creeper and crawl under their "rig" and take a look at what's going on, what's leaking, dented, fall off, etc... Before they head out onto the trail and have something fail, that way guys like yourself and myself don't have to lay on our backs in the mud, snow, rocks, water fixing their vehicles for them so we can continue on our merry way as a "trail group" rather than a scattered band of offroad misfits...

I know you have a ton of time in yours personally, so does guys like Lance, Bill Mish, RokNRich, and many others that I can't even remember to name.... These are people that invest in things like welders, ball joint presses, drill presses, plasma cutters, and even take classes so they know how to properly use the equipment they have purchased. These true four wheelers are those who are really building their rigs...

The rest of us in bolt on city are just magnifying what Chrysler (I don't believe I am saying this) did in it's initial design / engineering...

JMHO...

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 06:49 PM
and here is his other rig!
:sifone:

Now that's just mean right there....

:fashizzle:

Duality
02-04-2008, 06:49 PM
my name keeps coming up...

lancetkenyon
02-04-2008, 06:55 PM
....and going down......JK!

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 07:25 PM
....and going down......JK!

I tried to come up with a clever reply / addition, but I am laughing so damn hard that all I can do is type this off-topic sentence... I can't even come up with a clever smilie to add...

WalterD
02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Nice looking TJ there Mr. hp

RokNRich
02-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Looks good Billy, nice find :smoking:

Billy 4 hp
02-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Looks good Billy, nice find :smoking:

:lipsrsealed2:

Believe in the power of Craig's List....And someone who didn't understand what they had....

Easyover
02-05-2008, 01:32 PM

JMHO and $.02

You might want to check the locker air lines out real well. I do recall us having to do a field repair when one of the lines split on Payeatt Draw.

And it wasn't that Chad didn't know what he had (believe me, I pointed everything out to him that was aftermarket and what it cost), but that he got a really good deal from the guy he bought it from (who actually built, or had the Jeep built for him) and just needed to get out from underneath it when his baby came. He just passed on the good deal he got.

Glenn4ws
02-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Nice Jeep!!!!

bearlycontained
02-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Found the vibration the steering box is really loose. I should be able to just tighten it up and be ready for TM if you need the company.

Moriarty
02-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Nice Rig Billy. Yeah, I took your advice and looked under my CJ. Unfortunately I don't have the mechanical ability or the time away from work to get the jobs done. So Andy at ORI is getting a big check.:aagh::banghead:

I am learning things slowly and surely as I must because eventually I am
for certain going to run out of money for labor.:)

joedokes28
02-06-2008, 07:13 AM
That's a nice rig with a lot of nice mods, esp, the tummy tuck. I hope it serves you well.