PDA

View Full Version : VJC Charter Member Dues Are Coming Up......

1BLKJP
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi All,

It's that time again. For all of us that are a part of and support the Arizona Off Higway Vehicle Coalition you know that we rely heavily on our member club dues to get real work done for the OHV Recreationists in the state of Arizona. The Arizona Virtual Jeep Club has been a Charter Member of the Coalition from the beginning. Our club also has tremendous representation on the board also. The President, Secretary/Treasurer, and both 4x4 Reps are all members of this club. Jim Florence was voted in by the membership last weekend as President and Sandee McCullen stepped up to a floor nomination to also add the role of Secretary to her rather long and impressive resume of positions held to further OHV recreation in AZ.

We are getting REAL things done in the state to help all of you enjoy and pursue the past time that we all spend so much time and money enjoying. However we have very expensive challenges that need to be met. First and foremost is our addition of our Lobbyist/Legal Team to the group. Yes it is an expensive ride to hire a lobbyist, but folks let me tell you it has been well worth it. With our Nick and Jeff putting thousands of hours on the ground at the Capitol and all around AZ we would be in a world of hurt from the different dust abatements, state and local planned ordinances, and also from the lack of understanding the viewpoint of respsonsible 4x4, ATV, and Single Track recreationists.

Over the last few years we have written and obtained hundreds of thousands of dollars in grant money that has been used to build/sign/and educated drivers and riders all over the state. Now not all of this has gone for 4x4 efforts, however you all know that OHV pertains to more than just one from of recreation. If you have visited numerous areas around the state and seen trail signs, kiosks, fencing, etc....odds are that it was put in place by grant money obtained from the Coalition.

We are becoming well known and respected throughout the state and the the country. You've seen us in the press more and more lately. The media has come to realize that for a responsible article to be written they need to get a quote from us on the topic at hand. None of us are recompensed or paid for any of our activities, and have never asked to be. We do this out of our love for the OHV community and the recreational aspects it brings to all that enjoy riding or driving in the back country of this great state. To quote Jeff Gursh "We have the opportunity to lead the efforts nationwide for on the ground and legistlative efforts. AZ is in its infancy with regards to legislation and on going efforts to present responsible and navigable guidelines for OHV recreation."

To continue all of this folks we need your support. I did not come to the VJC last year looking for dues mainly because of some issues and negative feedback that I was getting in regards to our website. Those issues we feel are well under control and the VJC has been granted a waiver to our Charter status for 2007 meaning that with our 2008 dues we will retain our Charter Member status as we always have. Our 2008 dues are $450, however I'd like to raise double that amount and collect $900 from the VJC to continue to show our support for the Coalition and all it has, is, and will do for AZ in the future.

We are going to use my paypal account to collect the dues. Please send anything you can to help out whether it's $1 or $100 thru Paypal to 1blkjp@gmail.com. I will then cut the check to the Coalition for our 08 dues.

Here is also a link to paypal that will allow be easier for you to donate. (I think. I'm not a pro at Paypal so if anyone knows an easier link to provide just let me know.)

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=qegyrW4ymxDmxFxGdZNypgzOyGVHWZ9d16T-JlMud6ZX2T7M7ZDIQLHnW7i&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f35bed810ca292241dae5cd93b 02e9410f458b91a51e4ea80

Edit: I also know this is long, but it's also very important to further our cause. Thank you for reading and for your donations.

My1stJeep
02-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey Jack how is the dues collection coming?

1BLKJP
02-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey Jack how is the dues collection coming?

Posted update in the General Section Thread.