PDA

View Full Version : Engine/Transmission Skidplates

capringl
01-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm looking to purchase a skid plate for my engine and have some questions.

Do any of you guys/gals run with these? It seemed like a good idea to protect the oilpan/tranny.

I found one at "Skid Row Offroad" for 310...is this a good price and has anybody bought anything from them before?

Also are there any other skid plates I should consider...say gas tank or diff covers or anything else?

Help a FNG out....thanks,

ob1jeeper
01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
There are literally a myriad of folks making skid protective devices for your vehicle... Such as Kilby, Gen Right, Warn, and a host of others...

Best advice I can give it to go online and do a little window shopping for skid plates for your vehicle...

AND... don't forget to chat with the local area shops that are sponsors of this forum, for input on what experience they have had... Why? not only can they probably give you as good as or better deal than you'll get with on-line houses, thier advice on local conditions and experience are priceless...

For instance, some of these products will be rated differently depending on location and types of trails used for, and our local shops will have the insight on what works best around here...;)

JMHO & $0.02...;)

rock342
01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
The JK is still new enough that not everyone has these in stock yet.
I found the Rock Hard 4x4 combo engine/tranny skid to my liking and ordered it this week. Now I wait...