PDA

View Full Version : New guy looking for info.

t-tate
12-09-2007, 09:04 AM
My wife and I have spent the last 10 years Duning in Glamis and decided it was time for a change. We sold most of our dune toys except our Rhino and recently bought an 05 Wrangler. We are looking for some easy trails around the Phoenix area to get our feet wet and let the kids see some new scenery other than lots of sand. Any info or help would be great.
Thanks Tim

wedicotrucker
12-09-2007, 09:17 AM
If your willing to traval to Florance, Box canoyn is a really fun trail. It offers a lot of cool obsticals. I have seen stock jeeps back there.

Deviljeep
12-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Welcome. Check in here:http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66
There should be all the info you need about the trails (location, difficulty, etc). Find a run posted on a trail you want to run and join in. Perhaps the Airpark Trail Run would fit your bill for an ice breaker run.

t-tate
12-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and link.
The Jeep has a 4" lift and 32" MTR's with Rancho Rs9000's. Guess its got decent ground clearance but I just don't want to get in over my head the first couple times out. Especially with the wife and kids along.
Thanks again Tim.

My Green Jeep
12-09-2007, 09:49 AM
:aagh: Welcome to our jungle Tim...

Andrew F
12-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Florence Junction has a lot to do. Not sure where to go though because I've only been out there a few times. Don't do to much exploring by yourself, though. Take another vehicle with you.

Polka Dot
12-09-2007, 11:10 AM
x2 on Box Canyon in Florence Junction.

For an idea as to what to expect...

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=27692

Oh, be sure to consider whether there is flowing water as well...it's a wash as a number of trails are and the fact that you have vertical rock walls on either side of you, would make this pretty dangerous in a heavy flow.

Dan

Jdemonto
12-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Welcome, Fj (Box Canyon) or Sycamore creek (sugerloaf) is a great place to start....

Jason

Allen
12-09-2007, 11:59 AM
x4... or 5 or whatever...

on Box Canyon, Martinez Cabins would be a good run, as well as a few other local trails!

Welcome to the forums!

lancetkenyon
12-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Sunflower Mine(wait for it to dry up a little). Try to hook up for a run already posted in the easy to moderate sections. That way you should have a responsible and knowledgable leader. And stay away from Shnipe!