PDA

View Full Version : White Tanks Saturday?

Gary
10-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Anyone interested? Looking to do something different... Perhaps Cliff Hanger... Kicked my a ss last time but I made it.

Silverback
10-24-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm always intersted in finding new things in the Tanks. What level of trails? I have an unlimited on 35's locked front and rear with pretty good armor, but still use it as a daily driver. How bad are you talkin?

Skii4x4
10-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Gary, Soon I will be able to wheel with you again. My rig is almost done. Hopefully within a couple of weeks or so.

Gary
10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm always intersted in finding new things in the Tanks. What level of trails? I have an unlimited on 35's locked front and rear with pretty good armor, but still use it as a daily driver. How bad are you talkin?

I've got the same set-up with standard wheelbase. I would describe the trail as Ruler's big brother... nothing steep, just alot of REALLY big rocks. Just when you think you have to be near the end, you're only about half way...and there's no going back. I had to winch and strap 4 or 5 times to the larger rigs in front of me.

Silverback
10-25-2007, 08:26 PM
OK.... so if we are both set up about the same and you had to get winched several times.... who is going to winch us? I think there are a bunch of moderate level folks going Saturday too - maybe one of the more capable rigs will be interested in giving this a try.

lancetkenyon
10-25-2007, 09:24 PM
OK.... so if we are both set up about the same and you had to get winched several times.... who is going to winch us? I think there are a bunch of moderate level folks going Saturday too - maybe one of the more capable rigs will be interested in giving this a try.

he he he.;)

cruiserjim
10-25-2007, 10:22 PM
I've got the same set-up with standard wheelbase. I would describe the trail as Ruler's big brother... nothing steep, just alot of REALLY big rocks. Just when you think you have to be near the end, you're only about half way...and there's no going back. I had to winch and strap 4 or 5 times to the larger rigs in front of me.

I believe your describing Landslide.Left in the first wash,runs east to west,exits at the top of the mountain.Or is it something else?

michale r varne
10-25-2007, 11:16 PM
I believe your describing Landslide.Left in the first wash,runs east to west,exits at the top of the mountain.Or is it something else?

Yes, I'm sure thats what they are talking about.

michale r varne
10-25-2007, 11:18 PM

Gary, are you talking about the time I ran this trail with you?

Gary
10-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Gary, are you talking about the time I ran this trail with you?

Yes... sorry wrong name. Land Slide... Probably not a good idea without a more capable rig along...

Silverback
10-26-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm going to meet out there at 0830 along with the group posted on the moderate run posting. I'm interested in seeing something new, as long as I can get home in one piece. Would love to see some more capable rigs take on some of these tougher trails.