PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Warranty (Service Contract)

djayc
10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
How do you guys feel about the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty (service contract) that is being offered at some dealerships?

Is it worth it, or just another trick to inflate the cost (and dealer profits)?

Polka Dot
10-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Aren't most warranties voided with lifts and a number of other mods?

GRUNT
10-07-2007, 02:56 PM
You need to ask Jason Demoto or Moriarty, they are dealer guys.... I heard the lifetime drivetrain warranty on Chrysler(or was it jeep?) jacked up the price from a coworker that wanted to trade his 07 in on a new one... Not sure though.

TRobertsRN
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
The value of a lifetime warranty varries with the person.

One of the reasons Jeep and Dodge can offer such a thing is that in general people only keep vehicles for 4-5 years these days.

Usually nothing much happens in this time, and the old warranties almost or more than covered 4-5 years.

Look at your own history. How often do you change your mind or your significant other does the same and decide if the higher price or increased cost for non Jeep is worth it to you.

Jdemonto
10-07-2007, 08:49 PM
As stated it depends on what your motives are?? Keeping it for 5-10 years the lifetime wrap will give a life time bumper/bumper on everything except wear/tear items. Thats about all I know, I do not sell or profit from warranties.

Jason

GRUNT
10-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Why do you type in bold? Are you trying to tell us something?! :D

Jdemonto
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Allen, your reading to far into my statement:rolleyes:

jason

rubicontrail
10-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Aren't most warranties voided with lifts and a number of other mods?

No! They might void part of your warranty (ie. a lift might void the warranty on the differential gears but it isn't likely to void the warranty on the engine) but not the entire warranty and it is upon the shoulders of the dealership to offer some proof that your modifications caused the problem you are seeking service for.

http://www.sema.org/Main/SemaOrgHome.aspx?ID=50100

ohiotj
10-11-2007, 11:32 AM
The bumper to bumper is a great offer to those who keep a car for along time. I just sold a Jeep to some guy who has owned the same car for 23 years. It was his first and only car until the jeep. He bought the lifetime bumper to bumper and is calling it good. He told me this is the last one he will buy!!! Now if you tend to turn cars in every few years then i would pass on it. You just don't get the whole value of the warranty that way. My mother is buying a liberty from me this month and will be getting the lifetime bumper to bumper. She tends to keep a car till the wheels fall off.