PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - 1974 VW Super Beetle

MadCarlisle
09-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Selling my 1974 VW Super Beetle.

$1,500

I don't have time and interest in finishing this since I got back into jeeps.

Interior needs to be redone. Has a black carpet kit to be installed.

Mechanically I have had the following done:

Brakes
Fuel System
All lights work
clutch
changed to and alternator
new fuel tank
replaced the coil and fuel pump

Runs good and can be used as a daily driver.

If interested please PM me.

ademster
09-14-2007, 10:47 PM
What kind of gas mileage does it get? and Trans shifts good? Anything We should know? clean title etc.

MadCarlisle
09-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Title is free and clear. It is a valid title but will be a box C due to mileage and a replaced speedo head. This is not a salvage title.

I believe it gets over 20 in the city but have never really kept track of it.

I don't drive it enough anymore, especially in the summer.

Tranny shifts good. Clutch was redo about 10K ago. It does kick out of 2nd at higher rpm but you can hold it in. I am told this is common in the older bugs.

passed emissions in May this year without even doing a tune up

ademster
09-14-2007, 11:18 PM
cool

If my truck sells I might be interested as a DD

MadCarlisle
09-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Here is what I told someone else:

The motor I believe is stock. It runs strong especially when driven daily which it is not with me. Doesn't leak any oil from the valves. There is a drip from the oil strainer that I have not addressed yet.

i have replaced the generator with an alternator. The coil and fuel pump have been replaced.

I have had it tuned up by Carl's Custom VW ( I work with the wife of the shop foreman). Did not even tune it up for the emmissions this year and it passed with flying colors.

Transmission is decent. tight throws.. Clutch was replaced about 4-5 years ago by my ex wife. Probably has less than 10,000 on it. It does kick out of second if the rpms go too high, but I understand this to be common in older bugs. Usually not a problem if you hold it in....

Tires have probably 10,000 on them too....good tread

Miles - can't say for certain. over 100k...ex wife had the speedo replaced for some reason so it is a box C on the title

12 volt system with alternator

new fuel tank. nothing as far as high performance or anything.

Title is free and clear. It is a valid title and not a salvage title.

Interior - needs head liner. The carpet kit needs to be installed.
Has the rear seat which is rare as many pull that out.

The seats are okay. still original with the excelsor stuffing.....althought the drivers seat needs more work that. I have 2 spare factory front seats as I was going to replace everything and take the best of them all.

Paint job looks passable although it is not anything to write home about. The ex wife changed the color from the factory baby blue to red and I have changed that back to more the baby blue. It is passable but will need to be redone at some point. I used a rattle can for the blue with a clear coat on it.

MadCarlisle
09-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Bump

MadCarlisle
09-24-2007, 11:10 PM
bump

MadCarlisle
10-15-2007, 09:41 PM
bump