PDA

View Full Version : Moab on for Labor Day

Skii4x4
07-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey guys and girls, I will have some time off and was wondering if any one might be wanting to head up to moab around labor day. I like running hard trails and would love to go up there. I have never been but I need people to go with. Anyway if you are interested post up and maybe we could get something definite going.

Silverback
07-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I've been trying to get up there too, looking around that time period. Any specific dates so far? How long? Driving or trailering?
I have a tough time getting off work, but with enough advance notice, I may be able to swing it. I'll keep an eye on this post. Consider me interested in spending 4-5 days total. You've seen my rig - not quite as battle hardened as yours, and 3.5 or 4 (out of 5) is about my best I can handle. Of course, I've got my first significant battle damage, so why not add a little more...

Skii4x4
07-08-2007, 01:28 PM
I have never been out there either. I am really flexible with what days to go. I will not have a job shortly so I can go whenever. I plan on trailering my rig there. I wouldnt want to drive it that whole way.

Skii4x4
07-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Any one?

Hardline
07-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Got a flyer yesterday from Red Rock 4-Wheelers about 2007 Labor Day Camp-Out September 1-3. More info, call 1-435-259-ROCK.

Looking like they are running a choice of 3D, Fins & Things, Gold Bar Rim, Metal Masher or Pritchett Canyon on Saturday; Flat Iron Mesa, Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider Mesa, Porcupine Rim, Steel Bender or Top of the World on Sunday, and 3-D; Hell's Revenge or Moab Rim on Monday

TomHatch
07-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm trying to talk my wife into going.

Skii4x4
07-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Got a flyer yesterday from Red Rock 4-Wheelers about 2007 Labor Day Camp-Out September 1-3. More info, call 1-435-259-ROCK.

Looking like they are running a choice of 3D, Fins & Things, Gold Bar Rim, Metal Masher or Pritchett Canyon on Saturday; Flat Iron Mesa, Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider Mesa, Porcupine Rim, Steel Bender or Top of the World on Sunday, and 3-D; Hell's Revenge or Moab Rim on Monday

Hmm that seems like a possibility as well. I might need to give them a call and find out some more info.

Digger
07-11-2007, 10:52 PM
I did a fun run/ visit last year to CO. and did small towns and Ouray, Cinnimon pass, and Moab, it was quick. I have 150 vacation hours, maybe join you guys on this one. Camping, I know there are a few real cheap cabins for 25.00 per night, I prefer a tent to those. they were very ..umm don't have the right word to discribe them, prefer a tent. there is a KOA just 10 mins south of Moab that was nice, even had showers.

Wayco
07-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Hey Digger, we stayed at the Slickrock campgrounds just North of town. Highly recommend it, nice shady sites, clean showers and several hot tubs.
http://www.slickrockcampground.com/

Skii4x4
07-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Hey Digger, we stayed at the Slickrock campgrounds just North of town. Highly recommend it, nice shady sites, clean showers and several hot tubs.
http://www.slickrockcampground.com/

That sounds pretty promising. I am really looking forward to going to moab, never been but well you all have heard how nice it is :)

mike ogden
07-12-2007, 07:52 PM
hey would love to go trying to fig out if time premits .going to farmington nm 3rd weekend of sept. been to moab for 8 easter jam plus may and turkey day so much fun .if work permits or wife permits good to go.:)

Digger
07-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Hi Wayco, are you guys going to tjis Moab run?

Hardline
07-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi Wayco, are you guys going to tjis Moab run?

Wayco and I are going on a 4 day slot canyon backpack in Glen Canyon during that time period, so we'll miss this Moab trip, darn!

Skii4x4
07-17-2007, 11:20 PM
I am bumping this up to the top. You guys still want to go. Any dates that you know of that you can go. I really dont know the area so hopefully someone else can kinda lead this trip

Symon623
07-18-2007, 05:09 PM
If our forests are closed, it's a real good possibility for me. I already have the 30th-4th off work. If a piddly Toy can tag along. :rolleyes:

Silverback
07-18-2007, 08:39 PM
I've gotten approval for the time off, so I'll be going up there and doing something. I'll likely join the local 4WD group up there for an organized trip and camp in the local area. I'm likely to leave Friday and drive fairly slowly. (My differentials start leaking out the breather ports over about 60MPH.) I plan to mess around there until Wednesday, then leave, assuming I haven't trashed my rig. I can't offer to lead anything as I've never been there. I"ll likely be staying with a friend in Moab. He's setting up my plans though, so all I can say is certain are my date leaving and coming back.

Skii4x4
07-18-2007, 10:38 PM
If our forests are closed, it's a real good possibility for me. I already have the 30th-4th off work. If a piddly Toy can tag along. :rolleyes:

A piddly Toy hah!!! I dont know if you can come :D

j/k
I have a toy too

dcgayhart
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Iím going to be in Moab Sept 23 to Oct 2 2007 with about 6 others. We will be at Canyonland RV Park in town. I stayed at Slickrock last spring and found its spaces cramped and dirty. I wonít stay there again.