PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ride a Honda ST1300?

johnstd
06-29-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm looking at buying one, and just looking for some feedback on the comfort, power, good and bad thoughts on the bike. Also what kind of mileage are you getting?

Yogi
06-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm looking at buying one, and just looking for some feedback on the comfort, power, good and bad thoughts on the bike. Also what kind of mileage are you getting?

Yes, I have one. The 2006 ABS model..

Comfort Some of the people say the Stock seat is just fine. I ended up getting a Russell Day Long seat made for mine last August and love it plus now its heated.
Power There are faster bikes but this one has plenty of pickup and go and can get you a felony speeding ticket in a heartbeat:p
Mileage is dependant on how you ride I am a lil heavy handed but I still get in Mid to high 40's most of the time

Things I would like see changed. It should come with a cruise control but that can be added. It should also have power outlets and heated grips stock both again can be added.

Due to the heat given off by it I am thinking of wrapping my header pipes to cut down on the amount of heat rising into the crotch area out of the engine bay. The only time I really notice a problem with this is when ambient temp gets above 105 though.

I just did a 10,000 mile trip over 3 weeks on it and it ran great and I had no issues other then a flat tire 50 miles form home.

johnstd
07-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the input. I am leading toword a ABS model. Currently have a 1996 PC800 and it's been good to me (60K miles in the 4 years I've had it - no problems), but it's time for something newer, better.
As for camfort how is the handle bar position? I'm almost 6'1" and that is a problem for me on the PC.

Yogi
07-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I am only 5'9" so I might have more of a problem then you. I added the helibar risers but I would think with your longer arms you might be ok the way it is.

I have a lil over 31,000 miles in the lil bit over a year I have owned it and only regular maintenance and tires have been done.