PDA

View Full Version : New fog lights ??/07

Washington_XJ
06-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey everyone, Im going to wire some fog lights to the front bumper when I get back into town. It'll be the first time dealing with the firewall on my "heep" since I've bought it so any helping hand would be appreciated. I'm not sure if I want to run an inline fuse or just straight wire from the battery. I'm also thinking about hooking my electric fan up to a switch because of the inconsistency of it running. So as you can see I could sure use some help :)

PM for addy or reply if interested. I'm not sure on the date as me and my girlfriend will be doing our second move at the end of June. Thanks in advance for any help.

DUFFER
06-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Not sure how you plan to wire the lights, but if you are not using the stock wiring (assuming you have it on your Jeep) then you should run the power directly from the battery with an inline fuse from there (an aux fuse block would work very well too).

You should also use a relay setup so you dont have to run the power for the lights through a switch in the cab. If you aren't familiar with how to do this, there are a number of great references on the forums here, including/especially Stu's Website.

I would be happy to help if you are looking at July or later. I'm pretty well booked up through June.

Washington_XJ
06-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the advice. I really dont know much about wiring especially with Jeeps. I've done a few stereos and some simple 1 switch 1 inline fuse set ups but nothing too fancy. July and after works good for me too.

SEDONA RICK
06-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Fog Lights??
No Comprendo. Fog???
Do You Mean Ego Lights?
As In Mine Are Brighter Than Yours?
Or Stupid Lights?
As In I'm Not Turning Mine Down
As I Drive Into Your Face And Blind You???

desertrubi
06-12-2007, 10:38 PM
LOL.....the fog lights do come in handy when running trails at night. They tend to not blind the guy in front of you as much.

Love your sig Rick.

Fire Ball
06-13-2007, 07:46 AM
I have some time this afternoon and possibly tomorrow

terron gregg
07-23-2007, 08:43 PM
i would defiantly use an inline fuse i had my piaas ground out this weekend and scared the crap out of me bunch of smoke out of the hood and all melted the line completely all the way down to the light

Fire Ball
07-23-2007, 09:33 PM
giggle out loud.

This thread has been dead for a month :)

terron gregg
07-24-2007, 07:44 PM
if dead im reviving it i bought some cheap lights to put under the jeep for night driving and to piss of the euro seen but really for night wheeling and i keep poping fuses any luck why

Washington_XJ
08-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Ok I am doing this. Someone meet me at my house for fog light install and beers sometime this week/next weekend. Im going on that meet and greet run (sunday). Maybe I'll see some of you there...