PDA

View Full Version : Night run Sat 6/9 FJ or TM

scully
06-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Meeting time & place: 4:30 @ the Circle K on Dobson & Guadalupe or 5:30 @ Price rd.

Area/Trail: FJ. Warming up on Elvis then going where the night takes us!

CB Channel: 4

Duration: Hopefully not all night!

Minimum requirements 35" tires & lockers front & rear.

Be sure to bring food, water, and some warm clothes. The low is supposed to be 69 degrees, but I imagine it will be cooler than that in the desert.

Be sure to post in the poll if your coming, so we know if we have to wait for you.

The ol' YJ should be finished by Friday and needs to see some trail time, anyone up for a night run this Saturday? I up for FJ or TM.
I was thinking about meeting at the trailhead around 5:30-6:00, but that’s flexible.
Let me know if you'd like to go and if you have an area/trail preference!

DrewDog
06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
What up Scully! I may be down. I'll know more after tomorrow, need to fix a few things on the rig.......D

DesertRat
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
If you have it in FJ I should be able to make it.
Deciding on the night run or the run on Sunday.
I have to work on Monday so Sat night run would work better for me. :)

scully
06-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey Drew, get your rig fixed! Didn't you punish it enough by having it down for 8 months!:D

Mike, its too hot to wheel during the day, join us on the dark side!

FJ is closer to me as well, but I was keeping it open in case the east siders decided to stay home.

DrewDog
06-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey Drew, get your rig fixed! Didn't you punish it enough by having it down for 8 months!:D

My junks up and running......currently.........We need to head out and do a run sometime soon. Maybe a little shorter (time wise) that the last one we did!!!......D

mike ogden
06-06-2007, 04:00 PM
hey get that junk fixed. need blue juice help

xjstocker
06-06-2007, 04:36 PM
if fj what trails??

mike ogden
06-06-2007, 07:03 PM
drew show me the TRAILS please !!!!!!!

mike ogden
06-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey Me Be Novice!!!

DrewDog
06-06-2007, 08:50 PM
drew show me the TRAILS please !!!!!!!

LOL:D ! We'll show you a little Raw Deal action first and go from there. Wow, Mike is now a posting member. Never thought I'd see the day!!!!

mingoglia
06-06-2007, 09:42 PM
I think I may make this one. After my long work weeks I'm debating whether or not to go Jeeping or spend time witht he family... but I think being a night run I should be golden. If you can believe it Bryan, other than Sedona last weekend, I haven't been on the trail since we were on Willow Springs.

Mike

lilbluej
06-06-2007, 11:46 PM
what are you guys running?

if no trails in mind how about the area?

scully
06-07-2007, 10:40 AM
From the looks of it, we'll be running FJ. Anyone have any trails that they would like to run? I'd be happy to lead, but last time I led at night we ended up getting a bit lost!

Mike, it will be good to hit the trails with you again, you’re going to bring your new welder right?

I added a poll so we can get an idea of how many are coming.
Feel free to post up any trail preferences!

DesertRat
06-07-2007, 11:45 AM
From the looks of it, we'll be running FJ. Anyone have any trails that they would like to run? I'd be happy to lead, but last time I led at night we ended up getting a bit lost!

Mike, it will be good to hit the trails with you again, youíre going to bring your new welder right?

I added a pole so we can get an idea of how many are coming.
Feel free to post up any trail preferences!

Humm...
"we ended up getting a bit lost" and "your're going to bring your new welder right?"

This sounds like my kind of run! :D
When and were we going to meet?

TRLR8TDTJ
06-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Put me down as tenative I think this run will work better for me than Sunday run. I have to work Sunday night I will decide Saturday.

Kyle

scully
06-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Humm...
"we ended up getting a bit lost" and "your're going to bring your new welder right?"

This sounds like my kind of run! :D
When and were we going to meet?

Since I've had to spend the night on Upper Ajax with you, Mike and Drew, I was hoping that between us all we will have enough of the proper tools to avoid another overnighter!:D

Meeting time will be around 5:30 pm. As far as where, that will depend on which trails we decide to run.
For people coming from the Tempe/Chandler area, I'll be at the Circle K on Dobson & Guadalupe around 4:30 if you'd like to meet there.

DesertRat
06-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Since I've had to spend the night on Upper Ajax with you, Mike and Drew, I was hoping that between us all we will have enough of the proper tools to avoid another overnighter!:D

Meeting time will be around 5:30 pm. As far as where, that will depend on which trails we decide to run.
For people coming from the Tempe/Chandler area, I'll be at the Circle K on Dobson & Guadalupe around 4:30 if you'd like to meet there.

Ok, I will meet you at the Circle K.

Hopefully the overnighter will be wheeling instead of wrenching :rolleyes:

mingoglia
06-07-2007, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=scully;187008]
Mike, it will be good to hit the trails with you again, youíre going to bring your new welder right?
QUOTE]

Yep, I'll have the new welder. Actually it's already loaded in the Jeep with my tools as I haven't unloaded it from Sedona. The last time I was on Upper Ajax with you at night a welder was part of the Jeep experience so hopefully it will not be needed this time. :)

Mike

Hardline
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I haven't unloaded it from Sedona.

Soooo- Mike, how did the Sedona class go? Haven't seen a trip post with pics?!

Crawldad
06-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Yesss, my first night run of the season . Put me down as a tentative.
I'll know for sure tomorrow.

mike ogden
06-07-2007, 06:43 PM
drew you are the dog . me think i can four wheel with four cyl five spd open 31 mtr no beads. lots of try.maybe blue juice oooooh maybe

mike ogden
06-07-2007, 06:45 PM
oh forgot doing upper and lower term. the snake coll up and down

DesertX04
06-07-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm tentative on this run. Curious as to the timeframe you guys are thinking? I'm not really looking for a marathon run this weekend. :D

mingoglia
06-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Soooo- Mike, how did the Sedona class go? Haven't seen a trip post with pics?!

The trip went well. My wife enjoyed herself although she thought 4 hours was a little much, especially with the kids. My 2y/o that was with her at times didn't like stopping to discuss an obstacle. My wife did good and our other friends had a great time.

I forgot the camera in the truck and my other friend hasn't uploaded pics.

Mike

DesertRat
06-08-2007, 08:21 AM
What up Scully! I may be down. I'll know more after tomorrow, need to fix a few things on the rig.......D

Drew, you going to be able to make it?

DrewDog
06-08-2007, 12:34 PM
drew you are the dog . me think i can four wheel with four cyl five spd open 31 mtr no beads. lots of try.maybe blue juice oooooh maybe

Mike, you bring the "blue juice" and I'll take you on any trail out there!.............:D

DrewDog
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Drew, you going to be able to make it?

Rat, I finish a bunch of stuff yesterday and just need 2 push in vent filters. Should pick those up today at Loper's. I'm running around this afternoon and tonight but I have a few questions, Scully still leading? FJ? Trails? Rig count? I'll post up later tonight........D

scully
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
What trails in FJ do you guys want to run? Elvis, UW, UA, H2H? I'm pretty open to what we run, so post up some suggestions!

As far as time goes, I'd like to make it home before the sun comes up!

Drew I can lead, but like I said before I tend to get lost.:o TJ may be riding shotgun with me, so we'll have a GPS and that may help.

As far as how many rigs are going, I'll only wait for those that signed up on the poll. Itís too hard to keep track of whose going through 2 pages of posts.
At this point it looks like a total of 5, with 3 definite and 2 tentative. It looks like everyone thatís in the poll is on a minimum of 35" tires and lockers front & rear. I'm thinking that should be our base requirements for sat night.

DesertRat
06-08-2007, 02:21 PM
What trails in FJ do you guys want to run? Elvis, UW, UA, H2H? I'm pretty open to what we run, so post up some suggestions!

As far as time goes, I'd like to make it home before the sun comes up!

Drew I can lead, but like I said before I tend to get lost.:o TJ may be riding shotgun with me, so we'll have a GPS and that may help.

As far as how many rigs are going, I'll only wait for those that signed up on the poll. Itís too hard to keep track of whose going through 2 pages of posts.
At this point it looks like a total of 5, with 3 definite and 2 tentative. It looks like everyone thatís in the poll is on a minimum of 35" tires and lockers front & rear. I'm thinking that should be our base requirements for sat night.

I am up for all of em :)

mike ogden
06-08-2007, 06:41 PM
tm sat night . ann coll dirty anybody up

mingoglia
06-08-2007, 06:46 PM
It looks like everyone thatís in the poll is on a minimum of 35" tires and lockers front & rear. I'm thinking that should be our base requirements for sat night.

Yeah, but you and Drew will be in YJ's so it should probably be a minimum of 33's for TJ's and 38's for YJ's. If that's the case, Drew meets the minimum with his 38's. :p :p What's a run without a little smack talking before hand? :D

k7mto
06-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Looks like I may be able to make this run.

I see a meeting time of 4:30 in Tempe, and 5:30 in FJ. Cottonwood or Price?

I'd be coming through Queen Creek/J-Ranch so I'd meet at the airdown spot.

scully
06-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah, but you and Drew will be in YJ's so it should probably be a minimum of 33's for TJ's and 38's for YJ's. If that's the case, Drew meets the minimum with his 38's. :p :p What's a run without a little smack talking before hand? :D

Ouch! Don't hate on the YJ's, they were just ahead of their time with the slanted grill! Mark my words, the next round of wranglers after the JK's will have square headlights!:eek: :D

Sounds good Matt. It will be nice to have some more leaf sprung rigs on the trail.
By default we'll meet at Cottonwood @ 5:30, unless otherwise posted! Howís that for commitment!:)

mingoglia
06-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Ouch! Don't hate on the YJ's, they were just ahead of their time with the slanted grill! Mark my words, the next round of wranglers after the JK's will have square headlights!:eek: :D

Sounds good Matt. It will be nice to have some more leaf sprung rigs on the trail.
By default we'll meet at Cottonwood @ 5:30, unless otherwise posted! Howís that for commitment!:)

Even though it was a joke, I almost didn't post that as it's probably going to jinx me tomorrow night. In fact, this response is also sure to jinx me. :eek:

Mike

k7mto
06-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Ouch! Don't hate on the YJ's, they were just ahead of their time with the slanted grill!

Round (lights) and flat (grill) is where it's at ;)

My rock lights aren't working but I think it should be clear enough not to need them...

RokNRich
06-08-2007, 11:13 PM
My rock lights aren't working but I think it should be clear enough not to need them...

Rock lights are only needed after you get hung up. Follow me and you won't need them :D

I got no stinking rock lights either.

So what are we running ?

DesertRat
06-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Rock lights are only needed after you get hung up. Follow me and you won't need them :D

I got no stinking rock lights either.

So what are we running ?

I knew you could not stay home :p

RokNRich
06-09-2007, 10:56 AM
I knew you could not stay home :p

LOL, I got a flight tomorrow though, need to make it home before daylight.

Are we firm on trails ?

Just an idea, meet at Price, run Elvis, then I have another idea after that. ;)

DesertRat
06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
LOL, I got a flight tomorrow though, need to make it home before daylight.

Are we firm on trails ?

Just an idea, meet at Price, run Elvis, then I have another idea after that. ;)

Works for me, I am going to meet Scully at the Circle K then we will head down....

"I have another idea after that"...hummm :)

DesertRat
06-09-2007, 11:20 AM
So for this run we have:

“but last time I led at night we ended up getting a bit lost!”
“you’re going to bring your new welder right?”
“I was hoping that between us all we will have enough of the proper tools to avoid another overnighter! ”
“Hopefully the overnighter will be wheeling instead of wrenching ”
“I'm not really looking for a marathon run this weekend."
“I am up for all of em ”
“I'd like to make it home before the sun comes up!”
“a minimum of 35" tires and lockers front & rear.”
“My rock lights aren't working but I think it should be clear enough not to need them..."
“I got a flight tomorrow though, need to make it home before daylight.”
“then I have another idea after that."
"Elvis, than blindly follow Rich to our doom.... I mean to a trail."
"Did I mention that this would also be a shake down run for me? "

Anyone scared yet?? :D

I will throw my entire garage and spare parts into the Jeep for this one!

scully
06-09-2007, 11:32 AM
OK, it looks like we have an agenda.
Meet at Price Rd @ 5:30pm. Head out by 5:45 to warm up on
Elvis, than blindly follow Rich to our doom.... I mean to a ;) trail.
Sounds good to me!
Did I mention that this would also be a shake down run for me?:eek:

Should be a fun night!

I'll edit the first post with to include the typical trail run info.

TRLR8TDTJ
06-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Im scared:eek: See you all there.

Kyle

Huck
06-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Uh oh, The lady made plans for tonight and I've got a get out of Jail free card. What JD and Rich on the same trail as me????? and Matt too? I didn't see a freeze warning. Not to diminish having Mike, Drew and Scully on the same trail, but with those prior three its been a little too long. Rich, the last run I remember hitting a trail with you started on Elvis.

One question: Is it anybody's brithday today? Some of you will get that question.

Where I'm coming from, I'll meet you guys on Price or find you hung up on Elvis. I'll have my Rino with me, just don't ask me how to use it.....

Keep it on ch4 and I'll find you all. Let me roust up someone to ride shotgun and get the heep loaded up. I'm down one rock light, but its all good.

Crawldad
06-09-2007, 03:39 PM
See everyone there. 5:30 Price rd, yee haw.

k7mto
06-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Matt Homan (Gasman) might ride shotgun with me since his XJ is on jackstands right now.

Gasman
06-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Matt Homan (Gasman) might ride shotgun with me since his XJ is on jackstands right now.

It's on the tires :D Was going to button it up tonight until you called. Going wheelin sounds more fun than welding in a hot garage.

RokNRich
06-09-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm out, was preflighting the Jeep and found my drivers side upper control arm mount about to come loose, it's cracked from front to back

Have fun

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/roknrich/DSC02778.jpg

TRLR8TDTJ
06-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I have open seat Rich if you still want to get out.

Kyle

desertdawg
06-09-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm out, was preflighting the Jeep and found my drivers side upper control arm mount about to come loose, it's cracked from front to back

Have fun

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/roknrich/DSC02778.jpg

That seems to be a common problem that's why 4Wheeler's beefed mine up.

RokNRich
06-10-2007, 08:16 AM
That seems to be a common problem that's why 4Wheeler's beefed mine up.

Yep, that's why I try to remember to take a look at it, that one especially (holds the track bar as well). Oh well, at least it didn't fail on the trail, been there before, not fun. Thanks for the offer Kyle, ended up taking the boss out for dinner.

So, where's the trip report ?

Huck
06-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Rich,
Sorry to have missed you. It was a long night for me. I finally put the head on a pillow at 4:10AM. I made it home with another trashed rear locker. I'll be popping the cover today or tomorrow and figure out the damage.... It went on the 2nd obstacle on Elvis. We ran Elvis and Jack handle before calling it a night. Scully, Mike and Mike went on to play on the Martinez rock garden. So, I don't know what time they made it out. Mike (DesertRat) took out a sidewall on his brand new tires and Matt, had to break out a plug kit for one of his, as well. All in all things went very well for the group. The weather was great and the night sky was even better. Running with JD, has put this wierd Mas Grande idea into my head.
I knew something would have to freeze over before we'd all be on the same trail together again;) . Glad you caught that mount. Preflight is always a great thing to do.

Pics to come after more shut eye.

Crawldad
06-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Rich, you missed a fun night of wheeling. We'll have to get out when you get back & get your Heep fixed.
The run started out with Matt & Kyle making the 1st obsticle without incident.
Then Mike slipped off his line & in the crack.
http://i14.tinypic.com/4m2d8p0.jpg
Next I tried a different line which kicked my front end over leaving both front tires hanging off the ground.
http://i18.tinypic.com/4zan01s.jpg
Then Scully trying the same line as Mike ende up in the crack too.
http://i8.tinypic.com/66l42tt.jpg
Huck, in the crack again. The first obsticle seemed to have our number tonight.
http://i12.tinypic.com/4lqo6ds.jpg
In fact Elvis had more for us on this night. At the 2nd obsticle there was a loud pop as Huck attacked it, we thought it might be a rear axle. But upon further inspection we found his rear spring had popped out.
http://i13.tinypic.com/4pxhjzq.jpg
Later, we found out it was his rear locker that gave out,as it continued to pop. Then when he went over the shelf he tore off his gas can.
http://i14.tinypic.com/4pd4axi.jpg
I don't have many good pics. My wife did something to the setting on the camera.
Then we decided to run something short to end the night. So we ran Jackhandle, Huck included broke locker & all. That's where Matt sliced his sidewall. 5 plugs later we were ready to finish the trail.
Matt, Kyle, Huck & myself decided to call it a night.
While Everyone else decided to go play on the boulder field in Martinez Canyon. Maybe they will chime in & let us know how that went.
All in all, it was a lot of fun for my first night run of the season.
Huck, hope you made it home OK in limp mode.
Oh yeah I forgot about Mike loosing a tire also. Hopefully they all made it out as well.

mingoglia
06-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Rich,
Sorry to have missed you. It was a long night for me. I finally put the head on a pillow at 4:10AM. I made it home with another trashed rear locker. I'll be popping the cover today or tomorrow and figure out the damage.... It went on the 2nd obstacle on Elvis. We ran Elvis and Jack handle before calling it a night. Scully, Mike and Mike went on to play on the Martinez rock garden. So, I don't know what time they made it out. Mike (DesertRat) took out a sidewall on his brand new tires and Matt, had to break out a plug kit for one of his, as well. All in all things went very well for the group. The weather was great and the night sky was even better. Running with JD, has put this wierd Mas Grande idea into my head.
I knew something would have to freeze over before we'd all be on the same trail together again;) . Glad you caught that mount. Preflight is always a great thing to do.

Pics to come after more shut eye.

The trip to Martinez was uneventful. DesertRat and TJ's history lesson along the way was entertaining.

I didn't take any pics, but my copilot did. I'll give him a call later today and see if he can post some up. I'm not sure what time we left the FJ area but I physically hit the pillow at about 4:30. That was after dropping the copilot off and heading home (to Gilbert) myself. While my rock lights were on when I was unloading the Jeep from the trailer I decided a under carriage inspection of the usual stuff wouldn't hurt. I actually closed my eyes under the Jeep and probably snoozed for 5 minutes. That was the point that I knew I was very very tired. :)

k7mto
06-10-2007, 01:23 PM
It was a fun night. I've never seen that first crack on Elvis cause so much trouble :) I hope the rear locker doesn't keep you down too long, Dave. I need to see if Discount will replace my torn tire.

After JD attracted those scorpions, I now know why he uses "Crawldad" :)

desertdawg
06-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey JD am I seeing correctly, did you put your MTR's back on?:confused:

k7mto
06-10-2007, 05:33 PM

He didn't want to wear out his Creepies with highway/street driving while breaking in his new gears. He did great on the MTR's so I think he should sell the Creepies to me ;)

Crawldad
06-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Matt's half right. I needed to break in my rear gears, so I put the MTR's on & let Clara drive the Jeep to work all week. Then I was to lazy to put the stickies on & get my trailer from Mesa. So I left the MTR's on for this run.

He didn't want to wear out his Creepies with highway/street driving while breaking in his new gears. He did great on the MTR's so I think he should sell the Creepies to me ;)

Matt, my other tires are MT compitition Baja Claws. And I don't think I did so well last night, so there not for sale. I need to put them back on. Nice try though.

DrewDog
06-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Sorry I missed the run, looks like a fun time. Ended up not finishing my jeep in time. Truth be told I'm still not done, need a few engine vents, lost mine last trip out. Hope to back up and running soon. Rain check scully!!!!!.......Drew

RokNRich
06-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Sounds like I missed some fun. :mad:

Bummer about the locker Dave, that's a fairly new carrier from a front axle isn't it ? Were you getting on it ? What's next ?

Elvis strikes again !

scully
06-11-2007, 12:50 AM
I had a good time guys, thanks for coming out!
I hit the driveway at 4:30 this morning. I just don't recover from all nighters like I used to!:o
Glad everyone had a good time, and Mike I hope you learned something about the wonderful history of the M. Mines!
I've got a couple of pics that I'll post in the morning.
Huck, glad you made it home ok, hope youíre able to get your rig up and running quickly. Keep us posted on what you find.

I was quite happy with how the YJ performed after all the work I did with the suspension. It was also nice having a rig that didn't lose its spring!:D
I still have to find what PSI works for the TSL/SX's and my new flat skid worked well, better than I thought it would. The only problem that I found was that my shock tubes make contact with the calipers when turned and fully stuffed, other than that the shake down run was a success for the ol' YJ!

BrianL
06-11-2007, 02:07 PM
That was really fun. Nice meeting and hanging out with you guys. I was Mike's "copilot"...Here are some of my pics.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1126/541164051_ca5b2c1170.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1155/541057902_76da432cd7.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1228/541181979_41bc37c2a8.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1066/541175981_72cc50bfdd.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1033/541066928_d247ec404e.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1113/541072348_693f382828.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1235/541062084_66996cfc80.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1204/541061142_353e7d5389.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1003/541189195_535a1413f3.jpg

More pics and bigger versions here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafrance/sets/72157600340692752/)

mingoglia
06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Brian. I still think this is my favorite of me.

"Whoops, that's NOT supposed to happen"
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1402/541164995_9615ac678c.jpg?v=0

Tom Jacobson
06-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Brian. I still think this is my favorite of me.

"Whoops, that's NOT supposed to happen"
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1402/541164995_9615ac678c.jpg?v=0

Whoops, that's not supposed to happen...2X...3X...4X??? :eek: :D :p

k7mto
06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Whoops, that's not supposed to happen...2X...3X...4X??? :eek: :D :p

Seemed to happen to everyone but me and Mike (DesertRat) this trip. I drove right up. Mike darn near drove up in 2wd (forgot to lock the front), then popped up after engaging the front locker :)

Huck
06-11-2007, 04:41 PM
How's that saying go? If at first you don't succeed, try and try and try again. I'll be working on the rear axle tonight. I didn't mess with the heep yesterday, as I had other chores to knock out. After making it home and getting it parked, it feels as if I messed up the spiders. I'll know more later this evening.
Rich, if this one is gone on the little shelf that I was climbing-no spinning of tires, it just popped-well then I'm going to seriously consider the Mas Grande. Lets see what is truly wrong before I webwheel through any decision making.

Tom Jacobson
06-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Seemed to happen to everyone but me and Mike (DesertRat) this trip. I drove right up. Mike darn near drove up in 2wd (forgot to lock the front), then popped up after engaging the front locker :)

Yeah...you've got it down now, especially after ditching the narrow tracks. Did you put on a nice air-show for everyone on the far right line at the second obstacle (the one that looks like it took out a locker this trip)?

Showed Mike the "secret" when he and I were on a run a few weekends ago and he rocked that climb for, I think, what he said was only his second successful attempt. Way to go!!!!!

k7mto
06-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Yeah...you've got it down now, especially after ditching the narrow tracks. Did you put on a nice air-show for everyone on the far right line at the second obstacle (the one that looks like it took out a locker this trip)?

Yeah, all but one of us took the right line and most got air. I tried to drive through a few times, but it felt so vertical I thought we might go over backwards, to I did a few points turn until it didn't feel so bad :)

I was leading so I was through most of the stuff by the time others pulled up and the cameras were out.

Huck
06-28-2007, 01:52 PM
For those of you who were wondering what was up with my heep, the damage report follows.
I ate up the spider gears on the cross shaft of the rear carrier. To minimize the possiblilty of this happening again, I've taken some preventative measures. As of yesterday, I now have a Mas Grande set up in the rear diff. I'm running the 35 spline Alloy shafts, an ARB and the mini compressor. This leaves me two trashed rubi lockers, some axle shafts, and a spare compressor and R&P. I'll get the gears broken in and should be ready to wheel again, sometime within the next three weeks. My intentions are that this new set up will last me longer than 6 months and won't break on me while trying to climb a 2' ledge......
I'm going to try to do a photo write up on my trashed lockers for the ROF, since I've now broken both a front and a rear Rubi locker. All I need is time to do it.
That's my story and my wallet is just a little lighter these daze.
With my Birthday being yesterday, I guess it was a gift I gave myself.:cool:

Matt, I know you mentioned that Detroit came in a 35-spline, D44 version. I thought that I had located one, however, these lockers simply do not exist for the average Joe. Yes, there is a club member running one, but it was a one-off. I guess there were about 8, 35-spline Detroits made for testing purposes and at least one made it out to AZ. Its running just fine in the TJ that has it installed, however, you can't/won't find any available to the general public, at this time. FWIW- the folks manufacturing Detroits are moving the manufacturing off shore to a European location and that may end up changing some of the locker availability and which models that are being manufactured. You could say that I spent a fair amount of time researching my purchase, prior to going the ARB route.