PDA

View Full Version : TWSTD Team Builing Run

twstdtj
02-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Ok here it is my original post only 10 will be able to participate.On March 10th we will meet at TM at 10:00am We will run Predator and one other trail (similar or harder depending on volunteers builds) after the run everyone is invited to a BBQ at my house. Please post wheter you will volunteer and wheter or not you will attend the BBQ. I appreciate everyones help with this. If we have more than 10 volunteers you are more than welcom to participate on the run. Let me know if you have any questions

Hi Gang,

Ive been tasked for a team building exercise for my employees and need some help.

First a little background about the group:

These guys are all engineers that repair our Hi-Art II. It is a radiation therapy machine used in the battle against most types of cancer. It is quite uniqe in the way that it treats in that is spares the healthy tissue around the tumor and treats just the tumor.See www.tomotherapy.com for more info. Anyway these guys put in countless hours repairing and maintaining our equipment to ensure that patients young and old dont miss a treatment. These guys truly make a difference in many peoples lives, and I figured what better way to reward them than with a little rock crawling.

What I need help with is getting enough rigs together with open seats to accomadete less than 15 of my group. This run will be Saturday the 10th of March. We will be in Table Mesa, depending on the rigs we get to go I would like to do something moderate like Terminator and Predator. If we cant get rigs capable we may move to a more scenic and less challenging trail(s)

So anyway whats in for you if you volunteer?

First i will buy your gas
Second lunch will be provided
Third, there will be a BBQ at my house for all
Fourth, Going out, meeting new people and wheeling (should be reason enough right there)

Also I will need a few bodies to help with some details

Please let me know if your interested. Your help and time will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Crawldit
02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
I haven't done either of those trails but think that my rig is up to it. Take a look at my spec's and I'll let you make the call. I'll have at least one seat open and can throw my back seat in for two more if needed. My father just lost a 6 year battle with cancer so I'll do whatever I can for those that help others battle the disease.

Wayco
02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm in as long as we don't do anything harder than Predator. I'm up for the BBQ too, didn't see that on the Poll. :o

Phx Cobra
02-28-2007, 10:56 PM
I'll help out with an Open seat, so whoever wants to go with me can.
Predator is fine, and anything around that will be fine as well.

1BLKJP
02-28-2007, 11:04 PM
I haven't hit the poll yet, but if you need an extra rig then I think I might be available to help you out with an extra seat. Sounds like a good time for your guys.

lancetkenyon
03-01-2007, 05:19 AM
I am in, and Pred and CD are good! But no BBQ for me, thanks though.

YGOHOME
03-01-2007, 07:02 AM
I can attend the run and have an open seat. I'll run pred and whatever else.

*** edit: I have to cancel... thx

SavageSun4x4
03-01-2007, 09:02 AM
I have 1 open seat count me in on the run and BBQ

LOST TJ
03-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm out. I won't have the jeep running until around the 24th or 25th.

Skii4x4
03-01-2007, 12:46 PM
If I wasnt out of town that weekend I would of loved to of drove. I wish I had a boss like that :)

michale r varne
03-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Im in:D

YGOHOME
03-04-2007, 02:08 PM
I wont be able to attend so please remove my name from the list... I broke a front axle on collatoral damage and also need to do a couple other things to prepare the jeep before heading out again. Sorry.

Thanks,

Ben

twstdtj
03-05-2007, 07:14 AM
I wont be able to attend so please remove my name from the list... I broke a front axle on collatoral damage and also need to do a couple other things to prepare the jeep before heading out again. Sorry.

Thanks,

Ben

No Problem Ben Hope you get it fixed and back on the trail soon.

Jeff

Spongebob
03-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Hey Jeff! I am available and have an open seat. I won't be able to attend the BBQ though.

Cheers,

tallgaier
03-05-2007, 07:51 AM
I'd bring my CJ5 but I only be able to fit the "Wee people" in the back seat...Any oompa-loopas going? :-)

Fire Ball
03-05-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm out in the east valley and don't get out there too much. I don't know predator but I have done Terminator with just a little trouble but it was wet and raining. I run a 98 TJ with 33's and 2" lift. If you think this rig is up for it I'll try to get the day off of work to join you. It would be a great way to test out all the parts I just replaced.

If you already have enough seets maybe I'll just tag along for the fun of it if that's ok 2.

OlneyJeeps
03-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm in... CJ7 with rear seat

oops, voted and forgot to check the one with bbq!

bdozeraz
03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
I have a Blazer and should have 2 or possibly 3 open seats. I have no problem with Predator. I am not quite up to Anihalator or Twisted but anything else out there is ok.

bc02zr2
03-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I can make and have an open seat

twstdtj
03-05-2007, 07:06 PM
OK based on everyones build we will run Predator, Upper Terminator and depending on time Lower Terminator. Please keep in mind lockers are reccomended all though these trail are not too difficult it will make the runs go much smoother. If you have driven these trails without locker and are comfortable running them I have no problem. We have plenty of volunteers and I definately appreciate it. Unfortunately only 8 of my guys are going, so not everyone will have a passenger

If you forgot to post that you are attending the BBQ at my house afterword please post up so I know how much food to get.

Again,

Thanks for all your help.

This should be a lot of fun.

Jeff

Wayco
03-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm good to go for those trails, I haven't run them but assume they are like Lower Terminator. I can make the BBQ if we get done in time, have another engagement I have to be back for by 6 pm.

SavageSun4x4
03-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Jeff,
Keep a backup list of drivers. I got called and I might have to have surgery done on my right foot this coming Thursday. If so I can not make. Until they give me a firm yes I am still on. They should let me know by end of day, today.

twstdtj
03-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Jeff,
Keep a backup list of drivers. I got called and I might have to have surgery done on my right foot this coming Thursday. If so I can not make. Until they give me a firm yes I am still on. They should let me know by end of day, today.

No worries Don,
Hope its nothing too serious

Jeff

Fire Ball
03-06-2007, 08:37 AM
So what is the official list of drivers. I need to know to see if I need to have an eye problem that day. I need to know if I can see myself going to work that day.

twstdtj
03-06-2007, 09:06 AM
So what is the official list of drivers. I need to know to see if I need to have an eye problem that day. I need to know if I can see myself going to work that day.

Does it matter? :D Wheter you have apassenger or not come on out and make the run.

Spongebob
03-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Sorry Jeff, but I'm gonna have to opt out. I just found out that I need to do a server upgrade on Saturday morning.

Sorry about that.

twstdtj
03-06-2007, 10:29 AM
OK guys, looking for a couple more volunteers just to make sure we have enough

Jeff

michale r varne
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm still in Jeff, I took Friday off so I can be there Saturday morning.:D

GLEN REAMS
03-06-2007, 01:52 PM
i can do terminator not sure about pred tho let me know.

jpotts
03-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I am up for Terms and Pred, and have and will have an open seat

Crawldit
03-06-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm still in. The BBQ is a maybe though since I have a babysitter to get back to.

SavageSun4x4
03-06-2007, 03:54 PM
No worries Don,
Hope its nothing too serious

Jeff
Talked with the Doc, they are moving the surgery to 22 Mar, so I am on...nothing too serious, just cut it off at the ankle:D :eek: and give me a roller skate:rolleyes:

Fire Ball
03-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Does it matter? :D Wheter you have apassenger or not come on out and make the run.

It matters because I was planning to come out and help out if you needed more people. If you have enough I might opt to not call in sick and save some sick time for a multi day trip in the future. TM is a long way to go for a day run for mebut if you need a seat I'll be there because I said i would. Confused yet? I am.

I hope my boss isn't a member!

twstdtj
03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
It matters because I was planning to come out and help out if you needed more people. If you have enough I might opt to not call in sick and save some sick time for a multi day trip in the future. TM is a long way to go for a day run for mebut if you need a seat I'll be there because I said i would. Confused yet? I am.

I hope my boss isn't a member!

No problem looks like we have enough to git er done. See ya on the next run and thanks for stepping up.

Jeff

Lifes A Jeep
03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey Jeff

I just got my jeep back and need a shakedown run. Predator & Upper Terminator will be perfect. Iíll see you guys at the Air Down spot. I also plan on coming to the BBQ as long as weíre done at a decent time.

I can have an open seat but it looks like you have enough volunteers. Iíll put my passenger on standby in case someone drops out and you need another open seat.

See everyone on Saturday.

twstdtj
03-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Sure you bet... Oh wait, that wasn't meant for me... http://www.azundertakers.com/images/emoticons/thefinger.gif

Junk you can still come to the BBQ if you want :D

jpotts
03-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Does anyone have any pics of my maroon Jeep on the Terminator obstacle? If so, do you mind posting them up?

Thanks,

Jamie

Wayco
03-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Does anyone have any pics of my maroon Jeep on the Terminator obstacle? If so, do you mind posting them up?

Thanks,

Jamie

I was just looking for the pic's from this run too, maybe we will get them back when Joe brings the Primary server back up. :confused:

OlneyJeeps
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
This is my draglink (AFTER we "straightened" it):eek:

All I needed was some Ragu!!!!:D

the steering stabilizer has a monster dent in it, but it seems to travel fully without any problem (actually put back on for now)

Thanks to 4Wheelers for the new one (and the seatbelt eyebolts cheaper than I can get them anywhere on line)!!

Lifes A Jeep
03-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Here are my pics again from Saturday.

jpotts - I looked and don't have any pics of you on Terminator. Sorry

Here's a link to my pics on Webshots.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/558128776YFKUYw

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07105.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07119.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07124.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07125.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07126.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07132.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07141.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07143.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07147.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07150.jpg

Wind_Danzer
03-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Oh damn, the bootie fab failed!!!!!

LT and Predator claimed a few huh? Was it a good day overall?

mingoglia
03-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Oh damn, the bootie fab failed!!!!!

LT and Predator claimed a few huh? Was it a good day overall?

Yep, looks like Jeff had a bit of problem with penetration.

....of his weld that is.

The best thing about welding is the penetration jokes never get old.... :p

Mike

LKD TJ
03-16-2007, 09:05 AM
LT and Predator claimed a few huh?

Wish we got to Predator - But yeah it was a good day.
6 hours on Terminator.

SavageSun4x4
03-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Wish we got to Predator - But yeah it was a good day.
6 hours on Terminator.
Only two of us made it up the last obstacle, but not sure the others just didn't try hard enuff:D

Yea, would have like to have done some more trail, but in spite of that it was a GREAT time and a lot of fun:D

LKD TJ
03-16-2007, 10:01 AM
The last obstacle was the only thing I drove the whole day other than to and from the trail. I wasn't going to be denied. I was going to take one of the other optionals on the way out but the other instigator was parked on it and I am impatient. I had to sit there and dry my tires a little before I was able to get any traction. I don't think it was a tire size thing at all - I just used the skinny pedal :D .

Fun day though!

roger
03-16-2007, 01:31 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l59/Lifesajeep/Lower_Terminator/DSC07126.jpg

Shock is hanging loose. Coil spring is missing. Control arms look darned near vertical. Axle appears shifted to the left. Tire is hitting control arm. Pinion angle looks whack. :eek: What the hell happened? Track bar break loose?

EDIT: Never mind, read the caption under the webshots photo. Seems when the shock broke loose, there was nothing to limit the droop and the right rear walked forward under the rig putting the axle at a bit of an angle.

Wayco
03-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Shock is hanging loose. Coil spring is missing. Control arms look darned near vertical. Axle appears shifted to the left. Tire is hitting control arm. Pinion angle looks whack. :eek: What the hell happened? Track bar break loose?

EDIT: Never mind, read the caption under the webshots photo. Seems when the shock broke loose, there was nothing to limit the droop and the right rear walked forward under the rig putting the axle at a bit of an angle.

First breakage on HYJAK, bar pin eliminators and Rancho shocks will be installed next week. If this continues to be a problem, I will look into limiting straps or spring retainers.

lancetkenyon
03-16-2007, 02:41 PM
First breakage on HYJAK, bar pin eliminators and Rancho shocks will be installed next week. If this continues to be a problem, I will look into limiting straps or spring retainers.

Yea Wayne! Glad you aren't caving and sticking with us SAers! SA rule!

heavyman
03-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Here is the link to the few picks from the TWSTDTJ Team Building run I took before my camera died. Got pretty much everybody's rig BEFORE the carnage...what a day!

BTW I ran Lower Terminator again today. Someone stacked and created a bypass to the left of Terminator/Z-turn obstacle. Ron (Disturban) and I unstacked as best we could, but one of the larger boulders had been moved a lot. I didn't really understand the stacking issues before, it really changes things :mad: . I am not a fan...although I understand that is the general consensus amongst the locals...;)

http://picasaweb.google.com/jonbuilds/LowerTerminator

Thanks again to all of you for helping initiate me to that area. Now I am seriously considering replacing the rear Dana 35 with a built Dana 44 from 4wheelers. It's only money...

lancetkenyon
03-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Here is the link to the few picks from the TWSTDTJ Team Building run I took before my camera died. Got pretty much everybody's rig BEFORE the carnage...what a day!

BTW I ran Lower Terminator again today. Someone stacked and created a bypass to the left of Terminator/Z-turn obstacle. Ron (Disturban) and I unstacked as best we could, but one of the larger boulders had been moved a lot. I didn't really understand the stacking issues before, it really changes things :mad: . I am not a fan...although I understand that is the general consensus amongst the locals...;)

http://picasaweb.google.com/jonbuilds/LowerTerminator

Thanks again to all of you for helping initiate me to that area. Now I am seriously considering replacing the rear Dana 35 with a built Dana 44 from 4wheelers. It's only money...

Very good idea buddy, why throw money into a Turdy five.