PDA

View Full Version : Lack Of People At Fj Meeting

heatstroke
01-24-2007, 10:56 PM
AZVJC ought to be ashamed of themselves as should other OHV groups in the Metro Phoenix area. The turn out for the planning meetings concerning the future of the FJ area was absolutely appauling to say the least. A WHOPPING 4 people showed besides Sandee. Why should AZVJC be ashamed you ask, because 3 of the 4 were from a TOYOTA group. Certainly nothing to get all high on the horse over, but are you kidding me? What little respect I actually had for this group was diminished even further by this turn out. AZVJC has got to be the largest Jeep group in Az and only 1 person showed, pathetic. When I heard about all the uproar that was going on over here regarding the FJ situation I figured I'd re-sign up and see how I could help along with some other OHV enthusiests. Too bad only one of them from here actually showed. I'd say that I'd hope to see you all on the trails, but they probably won't be open to us much longer with this type of OHV support.

Heatstroke
Mike

k7mto
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
You might want to hold your comments until after all the meetings have taken place. I know quite a few of us plan on attending the Saturday meeting in Mesa.

Sure tonights meeting should have been attended by more folks, especially those closer to Phoenix proper or on the West/North sides, but most folks likely have more time on Saturday than on a weekday evening.

Hope to see you and/or more of you TTORA members on Saturday.

JamesT
01-25-2007, 06:44 AM
Absolutely F you...

You have 2 posts on this board, have been on here for a week and you are criticizing the people on here? Get the F out of here and shut your hole. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You aren't even your the time for me to explain myself.

AZVJC ought to be ashamed of themselves as should other OHV groups in the Metro Phoenix area. The turn out for the planning meetings concerning the future of the FJ area was absolutely appauling to say the least. A WHOPPING 4 people showed besides Sandee. Why should AZVJC be ashamed you ask, because 3 of the 4 were from a TOYOTA group. Certainly nothing to get all high on the horse over, but are you kidding me? What little respect I actually had for this group was diminished even further by this turn out. AZVJC has got to be the largest Jeep group in Az and only 1 person showed, pathetic. When I heard about all the uproar that was going on over here regarding the FJ situation I figured I'd re-sign up and see how I could help along with some other OHV enthusiests. Too bad only one of them from here actually showed. I'd say that I'd hope to see you all on the trails, but they probably won't be open to us much longer with this type of OHV support.

Heatstroke
Mike

Tom Jacobson
01-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Don't have a (heat)stroke, Mike!

Am guessing the Saturday meeting will be much more highly attended.

Instead of b-i-t-c-h-ing, how about some info on what may be needed to facilitate or maximize the outcome from the upcoming meetings???

Tom

Spongebob
01-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Yo Heatstroke, not sure who you think you are, but that's definately no way to win friends here. I am not going to make excuses, as I didn't go either. I didn't even plan on going to this meeting, but I am not ashamed of either myself or the VJC. Good luck to you and I hope that you stick around and get to know some of the folks out here. You may be surprised as to how much people really do care.

heatstroke
01-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Absolutely F you...

You have 2 posts on this board, have been on here for a week and you are criticizing the people on here? Get the F out of here and shut your hole. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey there internet tough guy, re-read my post. The part where it says, "I re-signed up", I have been here in the past as if it even matters. I troll just about every 4x4 board on the net just to keep up to speed on as much as I can. So shut your "hole" and don't make any further assumptions on things you don't know anything about. For as much HYPE as there was about these meetings posted here on this board, there should have been more than one person show. Until more than one person shows I have every right to say exactly what I did. The 4-wheeling community needs to ban together, not sit at home watching American Idol. Get a clue or prepare to only wheel at the mall.

John_P
01-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Mike...I think your argument is sound...lets review...

Uproar on site.

No show.

Appaulled.

Sounds good to me.

heatstroke
01-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Yo Heatstroke, not sure who you think you are, but that's definately no way to win friends here. I am not going to make excuses, as I didn't go either. I didn't even plan on going to this meeting, but I am not ashamed of either myself or the VJC. Good luck to you and I hope that you stick around and get to know some of the folks out here. You may be surprised as to how much people really do care.

Hey Sponge,
I have been around and have wheeled with quite a few of the guys here on this board. Trust me when I tell you, I enjoy/ed wheeling with you guys. I just think there should have been a better showing. Trust me, I get on our group too. I hope to hell more people will make the effort. Since we have a tough time getting people out, I thought I'd find some more like minds in saving our trail systems here based on the hype. The meeting was full of great information for us to learn from and use, and still nobody shows. A group the size of AzVJC has the #'s to make a great impact but I guess everyone expects someone else to do it.

Hunter
01-25-2007, 08:01 AM
I personally dont think a guy from the Toyota Club is looking to make freinds on a Jeep Board. I cant blame him for being irked. I sit here and feel like crap that I couldnt make it, and my heart sank when I read only ONE showed. He is right, its sad.

I dont care how you spin it, that's a sad showing.

::::edited::::

Ok, I admit, I was a bit off on what kind of meeting this was. I was under the impression that it was the usual kind of land use meeting. My boss has ha dme at work too much lately and I have had a hard time following

I admit though, I am still surprised that only one person showed up considering all the yackin' and BSin' that went on in some of the threads lately.

RokNRich
01-25-2007, 08:02 AM
The try outs for American Idol are the best. Ones they get to the actual competition I lose interest...................

Sandee McCullen
01-25-2007, 08:29 AM
HOLD OFF GUYS!!!
Ragging off on TTORA guys because THEY SHOWED is out of line! Believe me............ I am NOT HAPPY!!!! My time is as valuable as any of yours. I was specifically ASKED to host a meeting in/near "Central Phoenix" because many don't live in the east valley. These guys do NOT LIVE IN PHOENIX. They live in Chandler............

I'm looking at Sponge Bob; K7moto; Tom; James........ these are the names that I have normally depended on so what do I see when you all are the ones ragging on those that actually show????? Attending ONE meeting is not going to do the job. "WOW, how good I am...... I gave up 3 hours of my time to save our trails!!!! " There should have been 30 at each meeting, not "I'm planning on a different meeting". Once we actually review ALL the trails and log info it will most likely take 20 hours or more of actually putting it together in a proposal. Quite frankly if this is the attitude I continue to see between FELLOW RECREATIONISTS you can ALL SUCK EGGS! I will simply let Tucson do whatever they wish. I will NOT continue listening to this kind of BS. All you too good "JEEP" guys can do it!

I'm not holding my breath many of you are going to do much more than TALK about the other meetings either. I'm asking ALL OF YOU to take a step back and put the shoe on the other foot for a moment............. if it was YOU that showed and no one else did............ what would YOUR RESPONSE BE?

I believe there are a few apologies to be made. I don't give a hoot WHAT VEHICLE each of you drive........... we're in the SAME SPORT. We ALL have 4-wheel drive; 4 tires; maybe lockers... maybe not. ALL are colors of white, red, blue, silver, green, black etc............ WHO exactly ever told any of you that those 4 letters "Jeep" give you the status of King of the Land?

I have a "Jeep"; a Toyota; a Scout; and a buggy. I also have 2 ATV's and a UTV. hmmmmmmmmmmm....... does this make me better than all of you because I have a bit of everything? Does it make you better because YOUR "Jeep" is red and mine is green? Come on guys..... this BS attutude is what is LOSING what we do have. Each group do their own thing.......... each group think they're better than another.......... I don't wheel "that" area so I don't care......... We ARE THE SAME, our GOALS and NEEDS ARE THE SAME.

TBob
01-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Totally uncalled for James- you should shut your hole, Mike has a valid point maybe it might be enough to piss u off to show for the meeting insteed of tell him to shut up because he has 2 post....:rolleyes: please take your f-u and stick it! Total uncalled for.

Absolutely F you...

06GrnRubi
01-25-2007, 10:03 AM
To bad we banned banning. :D

Washington_XJ
01-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Well I'm new here but no shows are bound to happen on a wednesday, people have jobs. As for me I was without a ride (jeep being worked on) and its on the complete other side of town from me. I'm planning on going to the Saturday meeting if thats ok. Its still El Galeon right?

Sorry for that bad turn out sandee :(
And lets not diss on toyota's guys, their awesome trucks. :D

xjstocker
01-25-2007, 11:41 AM
hey ive got a jeep, a toy, a ranger, and an explorer. i wheel them all. and i wheel all over. all those who say "i dont wheel there" if we lose this all those who do will wheel your area, and then the greenies will say the area is damaged and get it closed to. so if u love the lack of traffic in your neck of the dirt then you better help, because ill drive 3 hrs to wheel for 30 min. they have won if we are at each others throat about showing up. they dont have this issue. they are all on the same page. close it all, walk it later. i enjoy the outdoors and im sick of a group of people telling me how to enjoy it. that is my enemy. by the way mike is right with our numbers the ratio should of been higher. good luck and see ya saturday

k7mto
01-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm looking at Sponge Bob; K7moto; Tom; James........ these are the names that I have normally depended on so what do I see when you all are the ones ragging on those that actually show?????

Hey, don't lump me in with those Taco haters. I might have *wanted* to say some things but I purposely kept my post cordial and positive :)

My1stJeep
01-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok, just as I said in the other thread...

:mad: ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I was going to wait until tomorrow to post, but dang I am a bit ticked off. I know FJ is in the East valley and expect that the showing there will be better, and I know some have family stuff, some have work and some have emergencies, so don't everyone start posting I had <insert reason here> to explain, however is it too much to ask that at least a few show up????

And when I say a few, of course since Sandee organized it and volunteered to show up and take notes she was going to be there, then there were 3 guys from the TTora club, and then oh yah I was the only one from the AZVJC to show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said I know many had very valid reasons why they could not make it and this is not in any way directed at you, but I know there is more than one person in the West or Central Valley that could have attended this meeting, and for those who figured someone else would do it, or it was too much to miss your favorite show on TV, or just had to throw down a few with a buddy at your local waterhole and that was more important that this meeting, I am glad you have other interests, cause with this lack of support you can kiss your trails good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

East side I hope and pray that you have a better showing and hopefully some of you West siders that couldn't make the time tonight can find the time Saturday, but to say the least I and each and everyone of us should be very dissappointed in the attendance tonight.
<end Post>

Just as the post says I recognize the fact that some had to work,some had family issues (I did and had to make arrangements to met the wife half way and drop off the kids with her so I could make the meeting, if that had not worked out the kids were coming to the meeting), some may be out of town, some may have had emergencies, but with the numbers we have there is no way we can say that applies to all, but one of us. Sorry folks, he has a right to be ticked, he has a much smaller club yet was able to get 3 times as many to show, it looks like a severe lack of concern on the OHV community. What ticks me of even more is all the other clubs that did not even have 1 attendee, but name one other club with even half the number of members the AZVJC has. Folks not matter how many show up Saturday we blew it!!!!

So regardless of what number of posts a person has, or what they drive the intent of the message is still the same, we did not represent ourselves of the OHV community or back up our words of getting involved. I do hope the East Valley meeting is better attended, but I am not holding my breath.

For those using an excuse, and you are using it as an excuse, that you have not wheeled out there, stop it. Neither have I, I have been on 1 wheeling trip out there, but plan on being able to attend more, but if it not there that option won't even exist, so I am getting in the action now to help do what I can to save out lands. I think we all need to stop finding excuses and start finding ways to contribute. (Please don't read into this that I in anyway consider family issues, emergencies, injuries, or work an excuse. This disclaimer brought to you by those who are really guilty of excuses and will surely try to attack this post)

Sandee McCullen
01-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey, don't lump me in with those Taco haters. I might have *wanted* to say some things but I purposely kept my post cordial and positive :)

Please don't "pick my words apart"...... My point was simply to stop this "grouping" and bad mouthing others that are WORKING and GIVING UP THEIR TIME FOR US. AZVJC have always "stepped up to the front" when needed. What happened? Bottom line.............. there was absolutely no reason for only FOUR "4-Wheelers" to show at the meeting. We ALL have jobs, or are tired, or maybe simply "don't feel like going" but that is not an excuse. Now I'm told "Wednesday nights are not good because we Work............... Saturdays are not good because we "play". WHEN exactly is good? I scheduled evening meetings in Phoenix AND east valley along with a Saturday at the request of everyone. I never expected 2000 OHV enthusiasts to show at all meetings........ but FOUR? And then these four have to take flack from their fellow sport enthusiasts for not being happy to do this alone?

There seem to be way too many AZVJC members at this time that simply need to get a life!........... Our fight for access is not for THEM individually, it is not for THEIR Rubicon or "Jeep".............. it's for OUR SPORT. There should not be "lines" within our sport.
I guess I'm not as upset about the numbers as the ugliness between our fellow enthusiasts. If these guys think so highly of themselves they can do this work themselves. I truly can find better things to do with my time. If you all want to "lead the fight for OHV access" yourselves.............. go for it. But remember................ OHV have LOST time and time again over the years. If we continue to whine and not look to the best for OUR sport we will continue to LOSE. The AZVJC are Charter Members of the AZ OHV Coalition. This is a coalition of ALL OHV sports enthusiasts and dealers. There are no borders....... we are ONE.... ATV's; dirt bikes; 4x4's and supporting dealers and businesses. We are ONE to fight for OHV RIGHTS.

k7mto
01-25-2007, 03:23 PM
You apparently missed my point. No worries and no need for another essay ;) <<<< NOTE the winking smiley

I'll see you on Saturday.

Washington_XJ
01-25-2007, 05:10 PM
I think we're all saying the same thing. Miscommunication and possibly misinterpretation of others posts might've gotten some angry in this topic. As for myself I just moved here and am already anxious to do what I can to help, so as I said before, count me in saturday.

We all love to do this and back home there was a saying, "If we get stuck, we'll pull you out", because the bottom line is we're all in it together. Or am I wrong?