PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Techniques and Practices on Anaconda.

Wildcat455
01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
This is a seminar run. Trail rating 4.5-5.0
Date: January 20th, Meet at Parking lot at 9 AM SHARP!

Lead Instructor:
Barry Brummett

Assistant Instructors:
Hackle (Jim Forence)
TWSTDTJ (Jeff)

Please note, your rig must meet the minimum requirements for a trail of this difficulty. Consider a winch as mandatory equipment for this seminar!

Post your name to this thread if you are interested in attending this seminar.

TRLR8TDTJ
01-03-2007, 06:55 AM
What is considered minimum requirements for this trail?

Kyle

jeff krause
01-03-2007, 07:08 AM
31's and a rear locker .... some bling (yo) and factory side steps

KIDDING.. more than I'll be doing any time soon... :(

twstdtj
01-03-2007, 07:17 AM

Kyle

1easy button

xFallen
01-03-2007, 07:19 AM

Kyle

Trail ratings and equipment requirements for those ratings are here:

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=13810

Bill or Barry as the leader may have his own requirements.

Barry

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Trail ratings and equipment requirements for those ratings are here:

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=13810

Bill or Barry as the leader may have his own requirements.

Barry

Nitrous, skinny pedal, no brakes!:D

Wildcat455
01-03-2007, 07:42 AM
I've never thought of "minimum" requirements when doing a trail at this level. I've always wanted to be as prepared as I can be.

I would say you want lockers front and rear, 35" tires or larger, chromoly shafts for D44 and under size differentials... (Feel free to substitute D60's here) :D You could probably get by without the Chromoly, but you will probably be changing one or more axles, plan accordingly.

Substantial gear reduction from any one, or a combination of these:
manual trans with 6:1 of better granny gear, 4:1 transfer case, or an automatic trans. with an external cooler. Fuel injection is a good Idea, too.
Winch, tow points front and rear, Tow strap, Full Roll Cage, Spare Drivetrain parts (U-Joints, axles, driveshafts, etc.) Full tool kit (One with all the tools needed to work on your rig) Extra points for a Welder, portable air, etc.
Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, CB, Food, Water... Maybe a Blankey in case you have to spend the night...:D (Just kidding on that last one...) :D

Of course, if you are Tracy Jordan or Don Robbins, just steal Shnipe's rig, you'll make it!

Although you Could attempt the trail with less equipment, how much less will be proportionate to how much extra damage you make to the vehicle you are driving. The idea is NOT to be "That Guy"!

xFallen
01-03-2007, 07:50 AM
I've never thought of "minimum" requirements when doing a trail at this level. I've always wanted to be as prepared as I can be.

I would say you want lockers front and rear, 35" tires or larger, chromoly shafts for D44 and under size differentials... (Feel free to substitute D60's here) :D You could probably get by without the Chromoly, but you will probably be changing one or more axles, plan accordingly.

Substantial gear reduction from any one, or a combination of these:
manual trans with 6:1 of better granny gear, 4:1 transfer case, or an automatic trans. with an external cooler. Fuel injection is a good Idea, too.
Winch, tow points front and rear, Tow strap, Full Roll Cage, Spare Drivetrain parts (U-Joints, axles, driveshafts, etc.) Full tool kit (One with all the tools needed to work on your rig) Extra points for a Welder, portable air, etc.
Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, CB, Food, Water... Maybe a Blankey in case you have to spend the night...:D (Just kidding on that last one...) :D

The blankie is a good idea. It gets friggin' nipply out there camping with the critters.

Of course, if you are Tracy Jordan or Don Robbins, just steal Shnipe's rig, you'll make it!

In Dennis' rig? You're kidding, right? It runs away by itself when it sees stuff like that...I heard it squealing all the way down the trail one time...no...wait...that was Dennis being chased by John...nevermind.

Although you Could attempt the trail with less equipment, how much less will be proportionate to how much extra damage you make to the vehicle you are driving. The idea is NOT to be "That Guy"!

There you go, hence, the minimum recommended requirements. It's about time to test out the son's rig on a good trail, don't you think?

Barry

xFallen
01-03-2007, 07:55 AM
Nitrous, skinny pedal, no brakes!:D

Hahaha...hey...you just described your rig.

After running CD on Monday we ran the group up Anaconda. The beginning of the chute is getting full of loose rocks again almost making it a new obstacle for every person through -- kind of interesting in a way. The base of the first fall was pretty decent though.

Barry

Wildcat455
01-03-2007, 09:24 AM
. It's about time to test out the son's rig on a good trail, don't you think?
Barry

I dunno, I thought Landslide was pretty Good...

Anyway, I told Heinz57 if his Buggy was broke, he could drive the CJ-7 that day.

(He can't reach the pedals in my buggy....) :D

Besides, it'll take him back to the old days of Carburetion, Dana 44's and a Jeep body to contend with!! :D

So, are you going to attend, or what?

Symon623
01-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Only Jeeps? :D

xFallen
01-03-2007, 09:47 AM
I dunno, I thought Landslide was pretty Good...

Anyway, I told Heinz57 if his Buggy was broke, he could drive the CJ-7 that day.

(He can't reach the pedals in my buggy....) :D

Besides, it'll take him back to the old days of Carburetion, Dana 44's and a Jeep body to contend with!! :D

Yeah, LS would have been a good tester. I was mostly ribbing you anyway.

Carbed rig on Anaconda -- cool. Might be time for a float (mal)adjustment just to make it a bit more interesting for BB, huh?

As to reaching the pedals, not all of us are on 7' high frames like you there my gigantic friend. Hell, I'd have to get a boost from you just to get into your buggy let alone reach the pedals.

So, are you going to attend, or what?

Maybe. I don't want to take up a spot that someone else might enjoy. I've run the trail and taken all the obstacles a number of times, although I am sure there's lots left to learn from the masters, and there's still obstacles on that trail that kick my butt depending on the day.

I'll play wait and see.

Barry

Craig
01-03-2007, 10:16 AM
I will volunteer to show everyone the lines not to take :D

Antman
01-03-2007, 10:42 AM
I hope someone is going to take video to post up? :D I would love to come and watch, but I don't think you all want my cold.:(

Tom Jacobson
01-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Carbed rig on Anaconda -- cool.

Barry

Been there, done that (Monday)! :D Actually was no problem except for when somehow managed to get in a goofy position there at the first falls. (always...blame...spotter <Barry> ;) )

Nah...he had me going great, just got the pass rear too far left and fell in hole. Again, not sure how I did that with my big a-s-s (compared to Barry's and Rick's TJ's anyway).

Had to work the winch with a dead motor for a bit before she'd fire back up. Oh well. Next time - no driver error and I will drive it! :cool:

Tom

xFallen
01-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Been there, done that (Monday)! :D Actually was no problem except for when somehow managed to get in a goofy position there at the first falls. (always...blame...spotter <Barry> ;) )

Nah...he had me going great, just got the pass rear too far left and fell in hole. Again, not sure how I did that with my big a-s-s (compared to Barry's and Rick's TJ's anyway).

Had to work the winch with a dead motor for a bit before she'd fire back up. Oh well. Next time - no driver error and I will drive it! :cool:

Tom

Blame the fact that you couldn't turn the steering wheel. Works for me. Or the spotter. That works too. Or maybe it was the pants. "Do these pants make my a-s-s look big?"

Barry

k7mto
01-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Blame the fact that you couldn't turn the steering wheel. Works for me. Or the spotter. That works too. Or maybe it was the pants. "Do these pants make my a-s-s look big?"

Barry

I used to blame Bruce. Now I blame Tom ;)

I need to wheel with you more, Barry, so I can start blaming you, too :D

Flexy
01-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I will be there following Craigs line and having Hackle spot me. Hope my Jeep is up to it.

Joe

I will volunteer to show everyone the lines not to take :D

fatbob309
01-03-2007, 08:15 PM
count me in

Wildcat455
01-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I will be there following Craigs line and having Hackle spot me. Hope my Jeep is up to it.

Joe

Hehehe! That's funny! You think you can follow Craig!! Whadda hoot!

Craig's asss has trouble following him!!

Perhaps we'll rename Heinz57's Seminar RECOVERY 202!! :eek:

J/K Joe, with Hackle spotting, you'll have NO trouble!! :D

Craig
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM

Thats the second class of the day, when Heinz57 leads the survivors through Matrix! Come on Barry, lets do it! :D

Skii4x4
01-03-2007, 09:17 PM
I would be all over this run but I work on Saturdays. Damit. I have wanted to do this trail for a while.

xFallen
01-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Thats the second class of the day, when Heinz57 leads the survivors through Matrix! Come on Barry, lets do it! :D

Now you're talking. My winch works...

SHNIPE
01-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Aww you guys love me :D anyone wanna take my rig through it? You break it you upgrade it :D any takers??

ill end up on this one eventually. Not quite ready for it. Im sure itll be barry chasin me next time but i might not scream :D

twstdtj
01-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Now you're talking. My winch works...

both of mine work!!

but my tires are a little less than desirable. (less than a month for new shoes!!)

Wayco
01-04-2007, 07:05 AM
Gee, ya think Jeff? :eek:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/allands/IMG_2529-1.jpg?t=1167923404

or is that just dog dooo.....:D

xFallen
01-04-2007, 08:09 AM
both of mine work!!

but my tires are a little less than desirable. (less than a month for new shoes!!)

Just air them puppies down to 3 psi and do it to it.

mingoglia
01-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Just air them puppies down to 3 psi and do it to it.

They're double beadlocks...just remove the valve stem core. :D

twstdtj
01-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Gee, ya think Jeff? :eek:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/allands/IMG_2529-1.jpg?t=1167923404

or is that just dog dooo.....:D

And it is still holding air :eek: :p

Flexy
01-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Now thats just damn funny, I dont care who you are. As for Hackle spotting......he's used to that circus wagon of his that's 2 feet wider than everything else.....:D besides, I always rip my top when I run Anaconda....:mad:

Joe

Hehehe! That's funny! You think you can follow Craig!! Whadda hoot!

Craig's asss has trouble following him!!

J/K Joe, with Hackle spotting, you'll have NO trouble!! :D

lancetkenyon
01-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Could one of the leaders please shoot me a PM? I need a few questions answered please.

lancetkenyon
01-04-2007, 07:30 PM
OK, been talking with a few guys, and I am in. Looking forward to running with some of the big guys! Just remember, be patient with me.

xFallen
01-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Now thats just damn funny, I dont care who you are. As for Hackle spotting......he's used to that circus wagon of his that's 2 feet wider than everything else.....:D besides, I always rip my top when I run Anaconda....:mad:

Joe

Good gawd I know I am going to regret saying this but...what the hell...Joe, take your top off.

I feel dirty already.

Barry

Wildcat455
01-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Good gawd I know I am going to regret saying this but...what the hell...Joe, take your top off.

I feel dirty already.

Barry

"No,no,no!! Don't take it off!Don't take it.. Leave it on! Yeah, that's it...a little more to the right.."

Van Halen "Hot For Teacher"

xFallen
01-04-2007, 09:11 PM
"No,no,no!! Don't take it off!Don't take it.. Leave it on! Yeah, that's it...a little more to the right.."

Van Halen "Hot For Teacher"

Hahahaha...good times...I think. I am sure I would remember them fondly if I could remember them. I think.

Barry

Craig
01-04-2007, 09:28 PM
..Joe, take your top off.

I feel dirty already.

He can take his top off as long as he leaves the manssiere on!
:eek: EEEWWWWW!!! Even that is to much of a visual!

xFallen
01-04-2007, 09:50 PM
He can take his top off as long as he leaves the manssiere on!
:eek: EEEWWWWW!!! Even that is to much of a visual!

I swear I gagged on that one.

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Back on track my gay friends. Anaconda then Anihilator and follow up with Matrix. By the end we should have everyone ready for the........trailer!:D

azcharlie
01-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Just my luck. Something like this comes up and theres no way that I can make it. I'll need a miracle.

Craig
01-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Anaconda then Anihilator and follow up with Matrix. By the end we should have everyone ready for the........trailer!:D

We better get an early start! :D

Craig
01-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I'll give my back to my gay friends.

Careful Barry, this is a family show! :D :D :D

twstdtj
01-05-2007, 10:01 AM

Or camp!

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Yep, start around 8, anaconda should take about 15 min anihilator about 30 included drive time and matrix about4 hours including drive time. This is assuming no one breaks, roles, run out of gas etc.:D

Oh, and I meant Gay as is Jolly!!

lancetkenyon
01-06-2007, 07:17 PM
How long do you REALLY expect Anaconda to take? Providing everything goes fairly smooth.

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-08-2007, 08:00 AM
How long do you REALLY expect Anaconda to take? Providing everything goes fairly smooth.

Not sure, depending on turn out. I would plan on the whole day and take what we get!

lancetkenyon
01-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Jeeppeepin
01-08-2007, 05:22 PM
I may want to walk/ride along with someone if there is room. I would like to participate on this, but I don't have a winch yet (long story).

Flexy
01-08-2007, 07:54 PM
OMG, I cant let this one go.......:D "Let me guess....You cant find your RAFFLE ticket???" :D :D :D Sorry..back on track now.....

Joe

I may want to walk/ride along with someone if there is room. I would like to participate on this, but I don't have a winch yet (long story).

fatbob309
01-08-2007, 08:08 PM
OMG, I cant let this one go.......:D "Let me guess....You cant find your RAFFLE ticket???" :D :D :D Sorry..back on track now.....

Joe

:D :D

Thats just funny

vermin
01-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Sheesh, you Jeep guys are gonna follow Bill?? Maybe I'll show up and curse him .. and he'll break both rear axle shafts on the first waterfall again! :mad: Haha, just ribbing you a bit Bill :D

Last time I ran through there.. those two rocks at the top of the last "lower" fall.. the undercut on the left rock was HUGE. It easily swallowed my 37" tire - don't remember if there was a bypass for those rocks - was too busy gettin awn it. My weber was fine (for you carb guys wondering) - and I was leading and didn't have a winch :D We may have spent 25 minutes running the whole thing, but most of that was waiting for Chris to poop.

I'll call you later Bill, might be fun to come out and take some pics for you guys :cool:

xFallen
01-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Sheesh, you Jeep guys are gonna follow Bill?? Maybe I'll show up and curse him .. and he'll break both rear axle shafts on the first waterfall again! :mad: Haha, just ribbing you a bit Bill :D

Last time I ran through there.. those two rocks at the top of the last "lower" fall.. the undercut on the left rock was HUGE. It easily swallowed my 37" tire - don't remember if there was a bypass for those rocks - was too busy gettin awn it. My weber was fine (for you carb guys wondering) - and I was leading and didn't have a winch :D We may have spent 25 minutes running the whole thing, but most of that was waiting for Chris to poop.

I'll call you later Bill, might be fun to come out and take some pics for you guys :cool:

It's still a short trail when nobody has troubles, and 37s still are a small tire on the gatekeeper. Turds have cut a bypass to the left of it over the past 2 years although it is handy when you have to pull someone through, and the stackers continue to try and pave the chute. Some (thankfully just a few) try and run the exit in 2WD using wheelspin just to see if they can, and in the process further tear up the terrain. Standard inconsiderate trail closing activities.

Barry

Hackle
01-09-2007, 02:48 PM
As of this point I see two legitimate people planning to run this trail. FatBob and Lance. Due to all the BS in this post to read through lets start this as a participant list.
Jim F.

FatBob
Lance
YGOHOME
1BLKJP
Lifes A Jeep
BTW Rachel needs a seat???:D

twstdtj
01-09-2007, 04:02 PM
As you know Jim, Ill be there doing the instructor thing wth you

YGOHOME
01-09-2007, 04:57 PM
please, someone talk me out of this if you think I'm getting in over my head (Joe Daro - you can speak up here). I'd like to do this but if its too much then I'll just go along with the intermediate run (and do anaconda next year). I'm not worried about damage... I just don't want to ruin anyone elses fun by slowing us all down. But it does look like a blast... and with only 5 or so jeeps so far, would be great learning for me. My jeep specs are in my user profile page. Its basically a tj f&r lockers, 35" tires, 5.13's, Alloy USA axles 30 spline f&r, winch and skids. I've got spares for axles, rear driveshaft, tierod, ujoint straps, etc. and tools necesssary for changing these. One of my concerns though is breakover angle cause I've still got the stock tcase xmember.

Craig
01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I will be there for support. I will only run the trail if the turn out is low or if we need parts brought in, welding or what ever.

Woody
01-09-2007, 08:33 PM
please, someone talk me out of this if you think I'm getting in over my head (Joe Daro - you can speak up here). I'd like to do this but if its too much then I'll just go along with the intermediate run (and do anaconda next year). I'm not worried about damage... I just don't want to ruin anyone elses fun by slowing us all down. But it does look like a blast... and with only 5 or so jeeps so far, would be great learning for me. My jeep specs are in my user profile page. Its basically a tj f&r lockers, 35" tires, 5.13's, Alloy USA axles 30 spline f&r, winch and skids. I've got spares for axles, rear driveshaft, tierod, ujoint straps, etc. and tools necesssary for changing these. One of my concerns though is breakover angle cause I've still got the stock tcase xmember.

You'll be fine with that setup.

I ran it a couple weeks ago. Not in a TJ, but with a similar setup. Breakover angle is only an issue in a couple spots, but with your short wheelbase, you'll be fine.

If I can get some work done on the jeep this week, I'd like to tag along for this. If there's a lot of people, I'd be glad to give up my spot. I've run this trail many times.

Woody

Renob
01-09-2007, 08:46 PM

Van Halen "Hot For Teacher"Actually Billy, that line is from "Everybody Wants Some" off the album Women and Children First.

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Just want to give an update on rig specs for this trail. The trail was opened with rigs that had lockers, 33's and 35's" tires. Myself I had YJ with 33 muds, dana 30 front and 35 rear, arbs and no aftermarket axles. Not highly advised but with good driving skills it is doable. If you have done the terminators and predator then this is the next step but not a huge one. Do to the bypass:mad: it has become easier, though keep in mind we will not be doing bypasses on this trip.

Barry

YGOHOME
01-10-2007, 08:34 AM
thanks for the info. You can count on me being there. I'll be at the airdown at 9am sharp... aird down is going to be pretty crowded that morning. I'm also bringing my nephew john to ride along with me.

- Ben

1BLKJP
01-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Hackle has been harrassing me about this one so I might come out and get in line too if the line doesn't get too big.

Flexy
01-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Did you get your suspension parts covered under the "lifetime Warranty"????:D See ya there. We will be going out Friday night and camping.

Joe

Hackle has been harrassing me about this one so I might come out and get in line too if the line doesn't get too big.

xFallen
01-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Yay. More bent Wranglers, coming right up. Woo!

Barry

Fire Ball
01-11-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm coming up from AJ, anyone want to caravan from the east valley. I find it interesting that more rigs break down to and from events than at the events.

Anyway, anyone wants to run together PM me uinless there already is a group going to gether then can I join you.

My1stJeep
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Did you get your suspension parts covered under the "lifetime Warranty"????:D See ya there. We will be going out Friday night and camping.

Joe

Jack,

Can you go? I thought you needed a winch for this one???

Lifes A Jeep
01-11-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm coming out for this. I've been wanting to run Anaconda for a long time. If the group is too large, I'm willing to walk the trail and run it another day. But I really want to run it and think I can learn a lot from the crew that's instructing.

Can someone put together an updated list of who's coming?

Thanks everyone for putting this together!

Hackle
01-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I will try to keep this up to date
Jim F.

FatBob
Lance
YGOHOME
1BLKJP
Lifes A Jeep

Helpers???
Craig
FlexyXJ
Woody

xFallen
01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I thought Jeff, twstdtj, was going to be involved in the run too. I don't see his monicker on the list.

Did he get fired already? Sheesh. Told him he should have showered...

Barry

fatbob309
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I will try to keep this up to date
Jim F.

FatBob
Lance
YGOHOME
1BLKJP
Lifes A Jeep
Fire Ball

Helpers???
Craig
FlexyXJ
Woody

Fire ball was just looking to hook up with people driving from the east side. He is going to be in the mid group.

twstdtj
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Jims just scared of me :D

I dont think he posted the instructors on purpose, but only Jim knows for sure

Hackle
01-11-2007, 05:00 PM
The instructors are a given so I did not list them. Notice I did not list Barry or myself either. I will remove Fire Ball.
Jim F.

Fire Ball
01-11-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm affraid my mildly modded jeep might be a little timid for the radical group, but I appreciate the vote of confidence LOL

xFallen
01-11-2007, 06:15 PM
The instructors are a given so I did not list them. Notice I did not list Barry or myself either. I will remove Fire Ball.
Jim F.

I noticed, I figured you just forgot. You know, senior moment or something.

Barry

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Hey, anyone that does not have a winch and would like to try this run please contact me. If you have the right driving mentality and experience, good capable rig and a good friend to drive in front of you there should be no problem.

xFallen
01-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Yeah, anyone following Jeff Stewart has a winch.

We were up Anaconda on Sunday. The trail looks to be in pretty good shape although the second climb is starting to wear down a bit.

My front locker stopped working for some portion of the first part of the trail then started working again. Time for new o-rings maybe.

Barry

Tom Jacobson
01-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Hey, anyone that does not have a winch and would like to try this run please contact me. If you have the right driving mentality and experience, YOU CAN BORROW MY BUGGY TO RUN THE TRAIL, no problem.

Fixed it for ya, Barry! :D

So...can I???? :D :cool: :p

Tom

Wildcat455
01-16-2007, 01:52 PM
I got back into town last night from Orlando, and I'm looking forward to this weekend! Should be a blast!

twstdtj
01-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, anyone following Jeff Stewart has a winch.

We were up Anaconda on Sunday. The trail looks to be in pretty good shape although the second climb is starting to wear down a bit.

My front locker stopped working for some portion of the first part of the trail then started working again. Time for new o-rings maybe.

Barry

So what are you trying to say Barry

Wildcat455
01-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Actually Billy, that line is from "Everybody Wants Some" off the album Women and Children First.

It's not the first time I've been wrong, and it wont be the last.
After I typed it, I kinda had the feeling I had the wrong song, but I was too lazy to correct it...:o

xFallen
01-16-2007, 02:18 PM
So what are you trying to say Barry

You have a winch on the back. Someone behind you can hook their rig to your rear winch without having to either turn around on the trail (nasty on narrow trails) or use a snatch block.

You could put a card reader on the back to accept payments for use.

Barry

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Fixed it for ya, Barry! :D

So...can I???? :D :cool: :p

Tom

You show up and it is all yours!

xFallen
01-16-2007, 03:42 PM
You show up and it is all yours!

Well hell if I knew it was that easy I would have done that...good going Tom!

Barry

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Well hell if I knew it was that easy I would have done that...good going Tom!

Barry

The only thing I ask of Tom is that he drives my HOJ as he would drive his because I sure as heck am going to drive his like I drive mine!:eek:

Renob
01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
I kinda had the feeling I had the wrong song, but I was too lazy to correct it...:oDon't worry, so was David Lee Roth.

Renob
01-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Hey, anyone that does not have a winch and would like to try this run please contact me. If you have the right driving mentality and experience, good capable rig and a good friend to drive in front of you there should be no problem.Out of the six of us that ran this trail last Sunday, only one needed to use his winch. With good driving skill and rig capability, you will probably not need to use it. Always good to have one though.

xFallen
01-16-2007, 06:48 PM
The only thing I ask of Tom is that he drives my HOJ as he would drive his because I sure as heck am going to drive his like I drive mine!:eek:

D'oh! I have seen you drive your rig.

Tom, maybe on Anaconda it'd be okay, but don't let him anywhere NEAR Annihilator... neither your Dana Turdy nor mine would ever be the same. And if he mumbles anything about heading to Matrix, toss your keys in the desert or something.

Barry

Tom Jacobson
01-17-2007, 07:33 AM
I can still prolly have more fun in the buggy than Barry will trying to keep my carb from stalling out on him!! ;-)

fatbob309
01-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Im still in. The jeep is in the shop but they know it has to be done by Friday...
Pray that they get her done...

lancetkenyon
01-18-2007, 04:20 AM
I am still in too, but hope it doesnt rain on Sat. That would mke it interesting.......

Wildcat455
01-18-2007, 05:13 AM
I am still in too, but hope it doesnt rain on Sat. That would mke it interesting.......

Nahh, That'll make it WHEELIN"!!

And COLD!

Just wheelin' when it's dry is like a boxer only practicing his Jab...

Flexy
01-18-2007, 06:00 AM
Nah, It just means I will be buying ANOTHER top. :mad: Oh well. Its for a good cause right?????:D

Joe
Absolute Offroad

YGOHOME
01-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Its not difficult to patch the top... but unless saturday morning its raining hard, I was just planning to bring along the jeeps safari bikini top. but still no doors.

*edit: and a raincoat... but the part I'd be dreading is the drive with no doors on the freeway to and from the TM area since I don't trailer my jeep ;)

twstdtj
01-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Hi all,

For those going, please remeber that if you are going to do this trail (no bi-passes) you have a very good chance for body damage. The gatekeeper can eat your windshield frame quickly. This is not to discourage anyone, just to let you know what your getting into. I hope to see you all this weekend.

Jeff
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9179&stc=1&d=1169135737

twstdtj
01-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Notice Barry out for his morning run :D

YGOHOME
01-18-2007, 08:30 AM
haha. Thanks Jeff for the info... I'm still in.

fatbob309
01-18-2007, 08:31 AM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n280/fatbob309/THe%20jeep/rob030.jpg

I would hate to dent my heep...

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Those planning on running the trail and would like to possibly avoid damage on the rocks might want to bring a semi - truck type mud flap. It has proven in the past to possibly prevent body damage which is just about guaranteed on this obsticle. The by pass which shouldn't even be there will be used for broken rigs so that we can clear them out at the half way point.

xFallen
01-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Notice Barry out for his morning run :D

You know I need it!

xFallen
01-18-2007, 10:24 AM

Nothing that won't buff out...

xFallen
01-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi all,

For those going, please remeber that if you are going to do this trail (no bi-passes) you have a very good chance for body damage. The gatekeeper can eat your windshield frame quickly. This is not to discourage anyone, just to let you know what your getting into. I hope to see you all this weekend.

Jeff

I figured that's why Joe was participating so he could use his levitation spotting technique chronicled elsewhere. That's what you needed that trip for that obstacle.

Barry

mingoglia
01-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Those planning on running the trail and would like to possibly avoid damage on the rocks might want to bring a semi - truck type mud flap. It has proven in the past to possibly prevent body damage which is just about guaranteed on this obsticle. The by pass which shouldn't even be there will be used for broken rigs so that we can clear them out at the half way point.

The ones with the chrome sexy lady on 'em? Is this a case where chrome will get you home?

danno
01-18-2007, 10:49 AM
I wish I could join you guys, but the boss has the shackles on this weekend...

Have fun!

1BLKJP
01-18-2007, 02:46 PM

Bob, you better stay home this weekend. You don't want to F up your rig especially when you have it looking so good. :D

Wildcat455
01-18-2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9179&stc=1&d=1169135737

Did Barry spot you into that??

He must not like you very much to put you on that line... or was it just your driving??

:D

twstdtj
01-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Did Barry spot you into that??

He must not like you very much to put you on that line... or was it just your driving??

:D

Um...........both :eek:

With a little work I made it through

Flexy
01-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Nah, The wifey is driving the TJ up the trail. She does not need the levitation....:) She knows how to drive...:D

Joe

I figured that's why Joe was participating so he could use his levitation spotting technique chronicled elsewhere. That's what you needed that trip for that obstacle.

Barry

Flexy
01-18-2007, 08:27 PM
ROFLMAO. So this means you have a hot little mini skirt on, since she's wearing the pants???? Bring her out and let HER drive the Jeep.....

Joe

I wish I could join you guys, but the boss has the shackles on this weekend...

Have fun!

danno
01-18-2007, 09:43 PM
ROFLMAO. So this means you have a hot little mini skirt on, since she's wearing the pants???? Bring her out and let HER drive the Jeep.....

Joe

Yea something like that.... Actually I am watching the 2 year old and the 4 month old, and I am not sure that they are ready for Anaconda just yet...

Its all about compromise.... That way when I disappear to Las Cruces in the Early Spring, Moab in Early Summer and Rubicon in late summer, each for a week this year. I got a few bonus points saved up.

fatbob309
01-19-2007, 09:39 AM
This rain is going to make it an extra fun time...

YGOHOME
01-19-2007, 10:10 AM
supposdly it will clear up a little by tomorrow. either way it will be good times. Are there any concerns of flash flooding in this area?

fatbob309
01-19-2007, 10:27 AM
If so i am going to leave my jeep out there in hopes that I never see it again...

1BLKJP
01-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey to everyone that's heading up to TM from the East Valley this weekend. I just saw where I-17 North will be closed from somewhere around the "Split" by the airport to Bukeye so they can remove those barriers from the recent construction. So anyone taking the 17 from the 10 will want to hit it on the other side of downtown at the "Stack", or just head up the 51.

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-19-2007, 01:16 PM
supposdly it will clear up a little by tomorrow. either way it will be good times. Are there any concerns of flash flooding in this area?

Only if it is raining alot early morning. Doesn't look like it will be an issue.

twstdtj
01-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Im looking forward to tommorrow!!!!

twstdtj
01-19-2007, 08:02 PM
John (Lifesajeep) just backed out.

Anyone wanna take his spot??????

xFallen
01-19-2007, 08:15 PM
John (Lifesajeep) just backed out.

Anyone wanna take his spot??????

Sure. Where can I pick up his Jeep?

Barry

fatbob309
01-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey all... I got rear ended tonight. I will still be going but didn't get a chance to grab my spare shafts because of the accident... Will anyone have an extra set with them.. 30/44 combo... I just don't want to be "that guy"...

Wind_Danzer
01-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Jeep ok???

We don't need to make you a sticker that said "I broke on 44th St. and McDowell" do we? :D :p

What happened and yes I just put that random intersection together. :p

Craig
01-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey all... I got rear ended tonight. I will still be going but didn't get a chance to grab my spare shafts because of the accident... Will anyone have an extra set with them.. 30/44 combo... I just don't want to be "that guy"...

If stock Rubi axles will fit I'll bring em.

fatbob309
01-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I was on the 60 near greenfield, in my moms car when we all came to a quick stop... The 18 year old 2 cars back didn't... that pushed the truck behind us into the back of my car... My back is a little sore so I am going to get it looked at on sat night.

As for the shafts... I don't know if rubi axles fit.

Thanks for the offer..

xFallen
01-20-2007, 12:45 AM
I was on the 60 near greenfield, in my moms car when we all came to a quick stop... The 18 year old 2 cars back didn't... that pushed the truck behind us into the back of my car... My back is a little sore so I am going to get it looked at on sat night.

As for the shafts... I don't know if rubi axles fit.

Thanks for the offer..

They won't fit the front for sure, and may fit the back depending on year.

If you're running CrMo you'll likely be fine. If not, I'd suggest you be sure to have at least stub shafts and u-joints. Non-CrMo tend to spread the ears and the stock half-cicle clips pop off spitting out the cap. If your caps are tacked in place or you have full circle snap rings retaining the u-joint caps, you might fare a bit better.

There's just a few places on Anaconda where you really need that front end to climb vertically, and those are the places where the little axle will be under the most duress. Careful line choice and judicous use of throttle may keep the axle intact.

I am fresh out of stock spares and only have super-sized CrMo spares -- no help for you if you're running stock spline count axles unfortunately.

Barry

Woody
01-20-2007, 04:45 AM
I got plenty of spares with me.

Woody

lancetkenyon
01-20-2007, 05:30 AM
FatBob, I have a full set of stock spares. They are already loaded in the Jeep.

John92YJ
01-20-2007, 09:33 AM
I want to come

YGOHOME
01-20-2007, 03:58 PM
I had a great time and I enjoyed wheeling with you all. I'm amazed at what my jeep can make it through. And thanks to those who spotted me. Now, whens the next one going to be?

xFallen
01-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I want to come

No lokcers, no go. Sorry. A little late anyway. Please read the trail requirements in the trail ratings section. They are for real.

I would urge you to catch a run with a group running Raw Deal and Lower Terminator or similar level of trail sometime. It'll be a much more enjoyable experience for you and everyone else too.

Barry

xFallen
01-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Great run guys and gals. Anaconda in the wet was a hoot. I really wanted to have my rig there but thanks to Jeff to letting me ride shotgun.

The people new to the trail did well especially considering the additional challenge the rain added.

Barry

Wind_Danzer
01-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Much body damage today, any rolls on the advanced 101?

YGOHOME
01-20-2007, 04:35 PM
two punctured tires and two windshield frames. I think that was all.

SHNIPE
01-20-2007, 04:42 PM
two punctured tires and two windshield frames. I think that was all.

BORING. Can we close this thread now since there wasnt anything cool?

Wish i could have made it out to watch. Bet the tires were nice and squirmy!

Jeeppeepin
01-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Had sooooo much fun today. The muddy tires made it a bit slick, so I had to take one strap today.
Thanks for the spots Barry and Bill and anyone else who helped.
Great Manifold Barritos BIll! Hit the spot.
It was a large group, but good peeps. Got through in good time.

Wildcat455
01-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Had sooooo much fun today. The muddy tires made it a bit slick, so I had to take one strap today.
Thanks for the spots Barry and Bill and anyone else who helped.
Great Manifold Barritos BIll! Hit the spot.
It was a large group, but good peeps. Got through in good time.

X2

I think everyone did really great on this trail considering the lack of traction.

Thanks to Xfallen for all his help on the trail!

fatbob309
01-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Well I can finaly say yes my jeep has been on its side.

Thanks all for helping me find my springs... again... and again... and again.:D

Wildcat455
01-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Well I can finaly say yes my jeep has been on its side.

Thanks all for helping me find my springs... again... and again... and again.:D

Good wheelin' with ya!! :D

YGOHOME
01-20-2007, 06:34 PM
i forgot to bring my camera on this trip... anyone have any photos they can post from todays trail run?

Thanks,

Ben

twstdtj
01-20-2007, 06:58 PM
My daughter was taking pics. Ill try and get some up in a while.

Had a great time today!!!

xFallen
01-20-2007, 09:46 PM
X2

I think everyone did really great on this trail considering the lack of traction.

Thanks to Xfallen for all his help on the trail!

I had a blast.

It was good fun seeing people make it up some of the obstacles especially as you say in less than ideal conditions.

Lance is bit hard by the crawling bug.

Barry

azcharlie
01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
How about posting some pictures for us non-wheelers.:D :D

lancetkenyon
01-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Here are a few........

second obstacle

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9210&stc=1&d=1169423296

3 wheeling up the Chute

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9211&stc=1&d=1169423296

Look at Joes face in the background, how do you think I felt?!?

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9212&stc=1&d=1169423296

And here is the result.....

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9213&stc=1&d=1169423296

FatBob's "Statue of Liberty" impersonation...

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9216&stc=1&d=1169423296

and then he took a little nap....

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9217&stc=1&d=1169423296

the last obstacle...

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9214&stc=1&d=1169423296

I think I should NOT have put stickum on my tires....

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9215&stc=1&d=1169423296

fatbob309
01-21-2007, 04:11 PM
great pics!

lancetkenyon
01-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks to all the leaders and spotters. I was really nervous about the run, and then the rain came! It was a wet muddy day, but I had a blast! Thanks to Bill for the manifold burrito, it was fantastic. It was a great day with some great people, thanks for setting this up! Look forward to wheeling with you guys, and Rachael, again.

desertdawg
01-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Wow! Awesome pics! Did anybody else break anything?

lancetkenyon
01-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey Bob, here is the answer to your signature.....it is hiding under your hat!

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9221&stc=1&d=1169425014

lancetkenyon
01-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Wow! Awesome pics! Did anybody else break anything?

The only thing I know of, Jeff (TwistedTJ) cut a tire, FatBob took out a windshield frame, and scratched his pristine paintjob, and I beat up my windshield frame AND sliced a tire. You will have to go do this trail when it is dry Mike, you will LOVE it!

fatbob309
01-21-2007, 04:24 PM
The only thing I know of, Jeff (TwistedTJ) cut a tire, 1BLKJP took out a windshield frame, FatBob scratched his pristine paintjob, and I beat up my windshield frame AND sliced a tire. You will have to go do this trail when it is dry Mike, you will LOVE it!

That was me that took out the other windshield frame...

xFallen
01-21-2007, 04:56 PM
That was me that took out the other windshield frame...

Will the real Fat Bob please stand up?

It is one of those location jokes I guess...

xFallen
01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
The only thing I know of, Jeff (TwistedTJ) cut a tire, FatBob took out a windshield frame, and scratched his pristine paintjob, and I beat up my windshield frame AND sliced a tire. You will have to go do this trail when it is dry Mike, you will LOVE it!

In other words, it was a good day. Nobody broke anything. Sheet metal sacrifices and tires are par for the course on these types of trails. Glass, well, not good to have glass at all if you can avoid it.

Barry

YGOHOME
01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Your daughter Paige took some great photos there Lance... next time I suspect she will be wanting to do the driving.

rockwerks
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
A whole new meaning to rock stacking
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9215&stc=1&d=1169423296

Craig
01-21-2007, 07:16 PM
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9226&stc=1&d=1169435732

fatbob309
01-21-2007, 07:21 PM
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9226&stc=1&d=1169435732

BEST PIC EVER!!!!:D

lancetkenyon
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Check out the look on his face! He is thinking "***?!? Arent these supposed to be attached to the vehicle?":D
Actually he probably thinking "My leaf springs would never do that!"

lancetkenyon
01-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Your daughter Paige took some great photos there Lance... next time I suspect she will be wanting to do the driving.

She got a TON of great shots! She said she had a blast. Thanks for the compliments, but there is NO WAY she is driving......at least not yet! :D

azcharlie
01-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Awesome pic's guys!!

Barry@4Wheeler's Supply
01-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Had a great time as well. Sorry did not get to the back that often but wanted to keep the pace quick because of the conditions. And I retract my earlier post about not taking the By-pass, we would still be there if we stuck to it!!!:eek: It was great that we had no breaks other than tires and metal. I would say that everyone did a great job and most importantly had a great time! Jim, Barry and Jeff worked well and got everyone thru with very little harm, super job and Thanks!

YGOHOME
01-22-2007, 07:58 AM
yes thanks guys, and of course, lets not forget Joe and Lisa (who walked the muddy trail to spot us and observe/assist) and Rick...

Joe and Rick spotted me through the tougher spots and Lisa drove Ricks XJ over a very tough waterfall and without the benefit of having rear brakes even. Good job Lisa! :)

Woody
01-22-2007, 02:51 PM
yes thanks guys, and of course, lets not forget Joe and Lisa (who walked the muddy trail to spot us and observe/assist) and Rick...

Joe and Rick spotted me through the tougher spots and Lisa drove Ricks XJ over a very tough waterfall and without the benefit of having rear brakes even. Good job Lisa! :)

Rear brakes are way overrated ;)

I had a great time, despite the fact it took almost all day to run a trail i've done in twenty minutes. Funny how when you're hangin with friends, it really doesn't matter :D

Rick

1BLKJP
01-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Will the real Fat Bob please stand up?

It is one of those location jokes I guess...

Yeup, it wasn't me I just look the part. :D :D :D

Had a great time on Saturday. Ran thru without taking a strap or a winch all day. My only carnage was coming out Sunday morning to a flat rear passenger tire. Guess it's hard to hold air when you take chunks out of your rim. :D Discount fixed that right up for me this morning though.

Say did anyone by chance get a pick of me in the chute when I pulled the wheelie? I gotta say if I had known both of my tires were off the ground I don't rightly know if I'd of stayed in the gas. :D But it was a good time met some good people and I think all of us are now very proficient at replacing springs on the trail (Thanks for letting us practice so much Bob. :D)

Antman
01-22-2007, 03:48 PM

There's your springs Bob! Hackle stole em. Great pics guys! I have walked up that trail. :eek:

fatbob309
01-23-2007, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=twstdtj;147936]My daughter was taking pics. Ill try and get some up in a while.
[QUOTE]

Pics????

twstdtj
01-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Just got back from Cancun. Ill see what I can do today

fatbob309
01-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Just got back from Cancun.

You suck!!!!:D

YGOHOME
01-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Just got back from Cancun. Ill see what I can do today

welcome back Jeff... if you have any pics of my silver jeep on this trail that would be great. Who knows when/if I'll be back at this trail again and I need a cool photo for my computers desktop ;)

Jeeppeepin
01-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Where are your pics Jeff??

twstdtj
01-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Ok,OK sorry for the delay. The good camera ran out of batteries after just a few shots, so the rest were snapped with my video camera (autofocus is slow so some are a little blurry).

Lance thinking "*** did I get myself into????"
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9351&stc=1&d=1170178402

Coming Up the chute
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9352&stc=1&d=1170178402

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9353&stc=1&d=1170178402

The Devil made me do it
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9354&stc=1&d=1170178402

More Fun
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9355&stc=1&d=1170178402
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9356&stc=1&d=1170178402

I dont know who this is
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9357&stc=1&d=1170178402

Barry B at the gate keeper
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9358&stc=1&d=1170178402

Lance again
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9359&stc=1&d=1170178402

and me coming out of the chute
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9360&stc=1&d=1170178402

I have more, but quality is not so good