PDA

View Full Version : Antiquities Act Celebration

Sandee McCullen
10-03-2006, 08:53 PM
FYI: No sides involved; don't have to agree to the "antiquities act", nor does everyone expect only environmentalists involved. This area loaded with cultural history of our country and state and they have a really cool celebration and education program available. It's planned to be a great experience for all. To get to listen to Dolan Ellis is worth the time!!! Haven't seen or heard from him in a number of years but he has been an official balladeer for Arizona for a number of years. His stories and songs are legendary.

Dolan Ellis has been the state ballodeer for a number of years and if nothing else, he's worth hearing. His stories and songs of our history are great!

I couldn't load the official poster but I'll have them at the shops this next week. The schedule of the days events is listed below.

Directions: I-17 north to Bloody Basin Rd (exit 259) East 5 miles to the Horseshoe Ranch. Hope to see you all there!

Sandee

Antiquities Celebration Agua Fria Festival
October 21, 2006 Schedule of Events
Agua Fria National Monument - Horseshoe Ranch

9 a.m. - Opening of Festival

Arizona Ranching stories Alan Day

Yellow Bird Hoop Dancers / music

Stories of the Frontier West - Fannie

11 a.m. - Recognition Ceremony - Come and help us recognize all the wonderful sponsors and volunteers. Learn about the Antiquities Act and why it is important to you.

Songs and Stories of Arizona - Dolan Ellis and Marshall Trimble

Yellow Bird Hoop Dancers /music

Rock Art slide show

Discussion on current archaeological research

4 p.m. - Festival concludes

Hikes and Tours

8 a.m. - Birding hike along the Agua Fria River meet at Horseshoe Ranch.

All Day - Badger Springs Hike Self-led hike to Agua Fria River. Exit 256 Badger Springs Road.

The following tours may require reservations
Only High Clearance Vehicles Allowed

10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Badger Ruin Hike, Ranger led. Reservations required.
Call 623/580-5500.

10 a.m. and 2 p.m. - Tonto National Forest site tours. Meet at the Pueblo la Plata kiosk. Reservations required. Call 602/225-5231

All Day - Pueblo la Plata, Self-led tours of Pueblo la Plata. Go eight (8) miles east of I-17 on Bloody Basin Road. Archaeologists will be on site to answer questions.

10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Presentations by archaeologists on current research at Pueblo la Plata.

My1stJeep
10-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Wow, 41 views and no responses. This seems like a good thing we should all try to attend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandee McCullen
10-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Wow, 41 views and no responses. This seems like a good thing we should all try to attend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone planning on attending the celebration? Would love to have a few OHV'ers there. We have been fighting diligently to keep trails open to OHV within the Monument. If it looks like we don't care.............. they will close everything.

Same goes for Ironwood Nat'l Monument in Tucson. That's coming to public scoping soon.

YOU HAVE A VOICE............... AND EACH VOICE MEANS POWER.

Hope to see hundreds of RED shirts on Saturday.