PDA

View Full Version : Let's set up another cleanup...

FrenchChili
09-19-2006, 09:43 PM
...since the weather is bit cooler:)

How about Sat, Oct 7th???
Where?

T. Mesa?
S. Lake?

corwyyn
09-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Maybe the weekend after, since it looks like the 7th is going to be the recovery workshop. Or maybe there will be enough interest by those not attending the recovery workshop to make it possible. Or maybe I should just go to sleep since I have to get up early to take the KJ in for the LBJ recall (damn normal people at normal businesses working normal hours :mad: :p )

FrenchChili
09-20-2006, 12:09 PM
The 14th wouldn't be bad I guess.

lamanite480
09-20-2006, 12:38 PM
If Saguaro Lake, put me down for sure.

daniel
09-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey I think I can make this one.Is that a sat? what time are you thinking of meeting? I have never seen saguaro lake but I know TM really needs it that place is nasty

tyota
09-20-2006, 01:38 PM
if Todd gets my engine swap done, I'll be down to help

tyota
09-20-2006, 01:41 PM
whenever it is, please make to notify Hackle so he can make sure we get credit for a cleanup

daniel
09-20-2006, 01:54 PM
whenever it is, please make to notify Hackle so he can make sure we get credit for a cleanup

What does the credit do for us and what does it mean to us/

tyota
09-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Hackle is the hardest working person I know helping us to keep our trails open, once you've been out wheeling enough you'll start noticing that alot of the trails and OHV areas are completely trashed, and trust me it's not from this club its generally from other people whether be atv'rs or shooters that have no consideration for the trash left behind, however we're the ones getting blamed and threatened to get trails closed down. I know other people work hard, but Hackle is always made it a point to show the BLM that we do show up and clean up trails without being asked in continuing attempt to keep the land open, I dont know details but Hackle has said we get a certain type of credit for doing things like this, the more often and the more people get involved the better for all of us

daniel
09-20-2006, 02:04 PM
OK Ill be there:)

OlneyJeeps
09-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm inn.... hopefully will be back tomorrow
really pisses me off that even in the middle of nowhere (Glacier Bay AK), I find trash left behind by hikers and fisherman:mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyone know what happened to the Nissan we saw at cove 1 (burnt explorer removal cleanup)?

FrenchChili
09-26-2006, 06:40 AM
I completely forgot I'll be out of town 13-15th:mad:

So unless it is set for that date, or could we could do two cleanups in two weeks....?
I see the 7th has the recovery and the 8th is Sunflower mine trail....

Is anyone not going on Sun(8th) and would like to do a cleanup instead???

Saguaro Lake by no doubt will be in need; but having done Raw Deal last week I noticed the wash by the main road is full of junk, and some car parts need to be extracted.

Is anyone interested in a cleanup on the 8th (T.Mesa or SL) and having another one at the other location on the 14th or 15th?

1tuffxj
09-26-2006, 08:15 AM
I'll be down, keep it posted you might wanna try to get ahold of the forest service, I wasn't able to when I set up that one clean up at SL. TM could use a big dumpster, it's amazing how much crap is out there.. again keep me posted Frenchy , I'd love to help....

UGROWUP
09-26-2006, 09:26 AM
I'll be in for a clean up antime after the 8th. If you guys are going to set up two weekends keep me posted and I'll join up with the second one.

Hackle
09-26-2006, 05:02 PM
I sent this to Chris Horiza with the Phx. office of the BLM today.

The last couple years we have had a clean up of the area around this time. Last year the Good Gun Club set it up the year before it was the AZVJC. I have not heard of anything planned to this point. Am I just out of the loop? If nothing is planned I am sure I could get something started if you are interested.
Respectfully
Jim Florence

This is the reply I got and I will forward any responses I get from here on out.

Jim,

I'm not aware of anything happening at Table Mesa in the near future.
There was a cleanup organized by Game and Fish recently east of Dewey-Humboldt, and one is planned by the Upper Agua Fria Watership Partnership in conjunction with the Good Gun Foundation in the area between Mayer and Cordes Lakes on September 30th.

I will forward your message to the people who are usually more informed on these things than I am and someone will let you know if there is a clean up planned, or if we are interested in getting one going.

Thanks for your email and interest!

Chris

Chris Horyza, Project Manager
Agua Fria National Monument RMP
Bradshaw-Harquahala RMP

I will see what I can scare up in the Tonto tomorrow.

As a reply to a question on credit for our efforts.
There are several Grants at work in the BLM and Forest Service at this time for OHV's. The agencies get matching dollars to all volunteer work to work on projects. We need to make sure all our work is recorded so that it goes toward this match as it will help fund project that we all want to see.
Jim F.

SHNIPE
09-26-2006, 06:48 PM
There are several Grants at work in the BLM and Forest Service at this time for OHV's. The agencies get matching dollars to all volunteer work to work on projects. We need to make sure all our work is recorded so that it goes toward this match as it will help fund project that we all want to see.

Just thought the reason should be a bit more clearly marked :D i know we all skim through sometimes :D

daniel
09-26-2006, 07:36 PM
I think I missed somthing!!!!!! Is there somthing for 10-8-06 or not. I need to know so I can ask for the time off.I would be up for table mesa that place is trashed and it has been since Ive started going there as Im sure all of you know. I think I may be able to get a trailer to help with the clean up maybe 2 not sure on that but maybe:D

FrenchChili
09-26-2006, 08:24 PM
I think I missed somthing!!!!!! Is there somthing for 10-8-06 or not. I need to know so I can ask for the time off.I would be up for table mesa that place is trashed and it has been since Ive started going there as Im sure all of you know. I think I may be able to get a trailer to help with the clean up maybe 2 not sure on that but maybe:D

The BLM (Bureau of Land Managment) and/or whoever Jim talked to will respond and either tell us what is already planned or if they would like to organize one.

OlneyJeeps
09-26-2006, 08:33 PM
anyone know what happened to the nissan at saguaro lake (saw at last cleanup, weather got too nasty)?

SHNIPE
09-26-2006, 10:56 PM
anyone know what happened to the nissan at saguaro lake (saw at last cleanup, weather got too nasty)?

what do you think frenchy is drivin :D

IM game for a cleanup!

1tuffxj
09-26-2006, 11:00 PM

We dont need BLM approval to do a clean up. All we need is some volunteers, garbage bags, some rakes and shovles, and most important a SIGN IN SHEET, with names and times.. I'm sure if we have enough people it will get noticed.. If anyone else is intrested on OCTOBER 8th, count me in...

Hackle
09-27-2006, 07:58 AM
You are correct you do not need the BLM to approve a clean up to have one, but it is nice having a dumpster set up at the site so you do not have to take home the trash. I am just trying to help. I do not want to stop anyone from going out and doing a clean up.
Jim F.
BTW at the last couple Table Mesa clean up we filled 4 large dumpsters.

Triple-XJ
09-27-2006, 05:41 PM
BTW at the last couple Table Mesa clean up we filled 4 large dumpsters.

YA WE DID! :)

Speaking of which, when is the next TM clean up?
They have been in October in the past. :confused:
I was just ready to post the question thread, but I figured I would utilize this one first. ;)

1tuffxj
09-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah I still have my GOOD GUNS t-shirt, man getting that car out was fun:)

tyota
09-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah I still have my GOOD GUNS t-shirt, man getting that car out was fun:)

that car is still their
no one has gotten it removed from the main dirt road

1tuffxj
09-27-2006, 06:36 PM
SWEET!!!! lets drag it around some more...

tyota
09-27-2006, 06:40 PM

no need it just needs to get picked up by a tow truck thats all

FrenchChili
09-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Ok I say let's set up Table Mesa for the 8th.

Now what would be a good time?
Any thoughts????

If we can't get dumpsters by then it will suck....but I can fill up as much possible in the truck or perhaps bring the trailer too.

1tuffxj
09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
7:00 7:30 seems early enough right? if we get enough pickups we should be able to get most of the garbage outta there.

Triple-XJ
09-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Huh, :D

Ok I say let's set up Table Mesa for the 8th.

Now what would be a good time?
Any thoughts????

If we can't get dumpsters by then it will suck....but I can fill up as much possible in the truck or perhaps bring the trailer too.

I'm down for whatever, but we need DUMPSTERS AND A TURN OUT to make a dent. I know how bad TM gets and it will take some people.

My question is, "If the 8th, is that enough time to get a good size group???"

If dumpsters are'nt available and the clean up is a go, I have 2 trailers and 1 or 2 vehicles to tow with, unless some-one else will tow one.
A) 2 axle aluminum enclosed trailer, tall enough to stand in and large enough for 2 quads MAX (kinda small trailer).
B) and an old Dodge short bed made into a trailer.

I also have a City of Phoenix water bill so I can swing into the transfer station on the way home and dump 1 trailer for free.

FrenchChili
09-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Huh, :D

I'm down for whatever, but we need DUMPSTERS AND A TURN OUT to make a dent. I know how bad TM gets and it will take some people.

My question is, "If the 8th, is that enough time to get a good size group???"

I understand but it's really bad out there right now. We need to jump on this before the greenies do:D

Heck, if anyone here is also part of another club(s), please post it there as well:) The more people the better.

Next week will still be low 70s into the 90s so let's make it 7:00AM @ The Air Down Spot (no we're not airing down:D)

Depending on wether there're dumpsters or not I'll probably bring the trailer if it makes it easier(and less trips) to bring garbage to the front(or dump).

1tuffxj
09-27-2006, 10:59 PM
I'll see ya there, I'll also bring a couple shovels and rakes...

GLEN REAMS
09-27-2006, 11:43 PM
the coves could use a clean up pretty bad to if anyone would like to do a clean up there i would be down 100%

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 12:44 AM
the coves could use a clean up pretty bad to if anyone would like to do a clean up there i would be down 100%

How about it on the 14th?

GLEN REAMS
09-28-2006, 12:52 AM
that would work for me is that far enough in advance notice for everyone to get it together?

Superjeeper
09-28-2006, 02:14 AM
I'm down for the 8th, and I'll pull the extra trailer if anyone has one to lend:D

SHNIPE
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I wont be able to make TM on the 8th but im submitting my request for the 14th right now. ill update when i get approval.

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 10:01 AM

:D

Triple-XJ
09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
EDIT: when the date is set, it should also be put on the Old Site as a run...

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 10:08 AM
EDIT: when the date is set, it should also be put on the Old Site as a run...

aaa...I forgot about that site:eek:

Triple-XJ
09-28-2006, 10:14 AM
aaa...I forgot about that site:eek:

Its easy to do.
But there is still ALOT of members that use the OLD SITE only.
For whatever reason, they dont make the leap here. :cool:

daniel
09-28-2006, 10:15 AM
I there for table mesa on the 8th.I do not use the old site but Ill be there.
Ill try to get a trail if anyone thinks that it will help

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Table Mesa is posted on the old site.

There's already a cleanup on the 30th of this month for S.Lake. I know a lot of us won't be there to attend this and I'm sure it will be bad anyways 2weeks after so HACKLE!!!:D can you notify whoever needs to be for S.Lake or is there someone I can send a letter to...it would be for the 14th and probably the same time as TM...7AM.

:)

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 10:44 AM
grrrrr when posting a trip it says page not available so i tried a few times then realized I becamed a triple poster....so cleaning it up I deleted...everything:(

fixed now...if ya signed up sorry do it again:D

Damn old site>:mad:< :p

GLEN REAMS
09-28-2006, 11:33 AM
thank you frenchy for getting everything together

UGROWUP
09-28-2006, 11:40 AM
WTH. I tryed to use the poll to add myself to both T-Masa and S. Lake but it won't let me!!!:( But I'm in for both. I just need directions for T-Masa. I have never been there.:o

GLEN REAMS
09-28-2006, 11:48 AM
get on the 17 north and exit table mesa rd and depending on where they are cleaning depends on where you are going

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 12:04 PM
WTH. I tryed to use the poll to add myself to both T-Masa and S. Lake but it won't let me!!!:( But I'm in for both. I just need directions for T-Masa. I have never been there.:o

Weird:confused: I did choose teh multiple choice thingy.
I put directions on the old site.

get on the 17 north and exit table mesa rd and depending on where they are cleaning depends on where you are going

The wash next to the main road is pretty bad last time I saw it; it should be a focuse area as well as the popular shooting areas.

GLEN REAMS
09-28-2006, 02:17 PM
i dont know the area to well so idk whats bad ive only been there once ran raw deal and didnt have my jeep to go explore after

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 03:05 PM
i dont know the area to well so idk whats bad ive only been there once ran raw deal and didnt have my jeep to go explore after

Once you get off at Table Mesa cross the I17 then make a right on the road parallel to the I17. Once it turns to dirt look for a wide open space to your left. That's the meet spot.

This cleanup will be from the main road so there's no way you'll get lost. ;) A car can easely drive on this.

If anyone wants to venture on some of the trails to CLEANUP:D then that's ok but I think we need the workforce around the main road and in the wash...

GLEN REAMS
09-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Once you get off at Table Mesa cross the I17 then make a right on the road parallel to the I17. Once it turns to dirt look for a wide open space to your left. That's the meet spot.

This cleanup will be from the main road so there's no way you'll get lost. ;) A car can easely drive on this.

If anyone wants to venture on some of the trails to CLEANUP:D then that's ok but I think we need the workforce around the main road and in the wash...

i might make it out to clean up this area i dont know if the heep will make it there tho

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 04:31 PM
i might make it out to clean up this area i dont know if the heep will make it there tho

I have an open seat if you can make it to my house....

I will stay there 'til it's finished I supposed.

Hackle
09-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Let me start this off by saying that I love all the people getting invovled with this.

Table Mesa:
I have been in contact with the BLM and suggested a Clean Up Sponsored by AZVJC, AZOHVC, and the Good Gun Club. They are very interested but can not get dumpsters set up until like the first weekend in Nov. They will supply Law Enforcement and maybe lunch. I also plan to contact AZ Game & Fish. This would give us some time to promote the clean up in the News Media and cleaning up the shooting areas with Law Enforcement around works much better. If I could move them up I would but Government works slow. It would be nice to get media and have the AZVJC as a sponsor.
WE CAN DO BOTH CLEAN UP DAYS.

Coves:
I have an e-mail into Tammie with the Tonto Forest Service to see if we can get dumpsters set up for the 14th. I will keep everyone informed.

I am not trying to stop this great effort I am just trying to help coordinate it with the Agencies and make everyone get Max benifit from thier efforts.
Jim F.

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 04:59 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH HACKLE!!!!!!

By Nov it will become a big dump again......For October we can at least get the bigger stuff if we are number limited....
It would take at least like 50people to pick up all the casings:p

Or we can push teh date back...but I'm young, impatient, and want to sweat my butt off, so who's in this one?:D

Thoughts?:rolleyes:

EDIT: Let's hope the media will find some interest doing this....I'm afraid they might concentrate on all the trash, not the cleanup and US.

GLEN REAMS
09-28-2006, 05:36 PM
I have an open seat if you can make it to my house....

I will stay there 'til it's finished I supposed.

where about are you located at? and i dont know i might get beat up by everyone if i drove with you they might think i sold my jeep to and got a little pick up

FrenchChili
09-28-2006, 05:41 PM
where about are you located at? and i dont know i might get beat up by everyone if i drove with you they might think i sold my jeep to and got a little pick up

:D:p

'round 12th st & Union Hills....north phx.

GLEN REAMS
09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
i could do that or i could drive i mean whats the worst that could happen i break down? still not sure if im even goin to be able to make the table mesa clean up but im asking the boss tomorrow if we have any work that day

daniel
09-28-2006, 06:03 PM

if you are thinking chili is going to get you a black eye you can ride with me :D i m up the street from him. that way you can ride in a jeep and the the wave

Sandee McCullen
09-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Let me start this off by saying that I love all the people getting invovled with this.

Table Mesa:
I have been in contact with the BLM and suggested a Clean Up Sponsored by AZVJC, AZOHVC, and the Good Gun Club. They are very interested but can not get dumpsters set up until like the first weekend in Nov. They will supply Law Enforcement and maybe lunch. I also plan to contact AZ Game & Fish. This would give us some time to promote the clean up in the News Media and cleaning up the shooting areas with Law Enforcement around works much better. If I could move them up I would but Government works slow. It would be nice to get media and have the AZVJC as a sponsor.
WE CAN DO BOTH CLEAN UP DAYS.

Coves:
I have an e-mail into Tammie with the Tonto Forest Service to see if we can get dumpsters set up for the 14th. I will keep everyone informed.

I am not trying to stop this great effort I am just trying to help coordinate it with the Agencies and make everyone get Max benifit from thier efforts.
Jim F.

Thanks Jim.............. Government always seem to "move slow" but Oct 1 is their "fiscal year" so like many companies with a January 1 fiscal year inventory & budgets are always messed up.

Thanks to all that get involved............... BLM and FS do truly appreciate our help. It also shows "we do care". Don't see the radical environmentalists out picking up trash do we?

corwyyn
09-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Don't see the radical environmentalists out picking up trash do we?
Good point. They like to harp on all the problems but you seldom see them getting in there and solving them. I can't make the TM cleanup next weekend, but I'll try to get to the coves on the 14th and I'll keep an eye out for another TM cleanup in Nov.

daniel
09-30-2006, 05:03 PM
I was able to get one trailer:D Chili if you or any body else thinks it is not needed let me know so that I do not bring a unneeded thing. I have some rakes and shovels and one rubermade trash can Ill be bringing

ps I don't think unneed is a word :o but you get the point:D

Hackle
10-04-2006, 05:09 PM
In response to the coves clan up I got this information.
I will send Daniel my phone number ASAP but it looks as thou we will have a place to dump all our proceeds:) from the clean up.
Jim F.

DANIEL E. BRAY
U.S. Forest Service
Tonto National Forest
Mesa Ranger District
(480)610-3339
debray@fs.fed.us
--------------------------------------------
Jim:
How about a phone number so we can contact you? If not, fell free to use the dumpsters located in the Butcher Jones recreation site. No large steel car parts please.

-Daniel

daniel
10-05-2006, 08:49 AM
just wanted back in the NEW POST again

FrenchChili
10-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Thanks Hackle. Now if only they start having designated carparts dumpsters:D

UGROWUP
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey I hate to back out of either of these but I had some stuff come up. I can't make T-Mesa because I am giving someone a ride to Payson that day and since I'm going that way I am going to jump on the Sunflower mine trip. And I got roaped into working the 14th. Not a bad thing since it will be working with kids and guns :eek:(no bullets thank god!!) Should be interesting. Sorry to back out like this. Make sure to post up if we do T-Mesa next month which I guess was posted eariler.

FrenchChili
10-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes T Mesa in November is happening also...

T-Mesa fo this weekend is still planned.

Hackle
10-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks Hackle. Now if only they start having designated carparts dumpsters:D

DONE! I may be slow but I am good:D

DANIEL E. BRAY
U.S. Forest Service
Tonto National Forest
Mesa Ranger District
(480)610-3339
debray@fs.fed.us
--------------------------------------------
Jim:
My Crew Lead in the field is Sheryl Yerkovich. She will be contacting you to arrange an unloading area and where she will be providing extra dumpsters.

OK with that setup we need a good turnout to show them we are worth the effort. I suggest this be posted to both the old site and as a new thread on the BBS and include the Yahoo e-mail. This is a good chance to show them we are worth the effort. For the Forest service this is short notice.
Jim F.

daniel
10-06-2006, 08:12 AM
well it would be great to get more folks out the so we could do some good it look like we are geting a dumpster out there so lets fill it:D:D:D and I just like to keep this stuff in the new posts

UGROWUP
10-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Woo Hoo. Looks like I'll be able to make the SL Coves cleanup but I woun't be out there till like 2. Is thazt going to be OK. I'm sure people will still be out there then. Please let me know.