PDA

View Full Version : Lp To Ck, How Bad Is It????????????????

zeitlerusmc
08-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Hello jeepers i'm planning a crown king trip next sunday, and was wondering what the rains have done to it. I had no problems before with it but, this time we will be taking my wifes stock rubicon and my dads bone stock 2001 gmc sierra shortbed single cab(4x4 obviously). Have any of you guys ran this trail since the rains? please give me any info you have either heard or seen your self. Im not so worried about the wife's rubi more my dads truck. thanks alot:D

Spongebob
08-28-2006, 10:34 PM
I was just up there for the anniversary run. There is nothing to worry about on that trail. All of the grading that has been done to it has made it a very easy trail. In fact, I am of the opinion that it should be reclassified as a level 2.5 trail......it is definately not a 3.0 any more.

A stock jeep will have no problems getting up there. Plan for an all day run! That is a long trail.

Regards,

tyota
08-28-2006, 10:34 PM
I ran the last time with everyone for the annual run, in 2wd the whole way up their, I did not take 2 of the obstacles but everything else was fairly easy, you should be fine

edit: and I do agree with Clayton, the rating should be brought down for sure, it's gotten extremely easier over the years

My1stJeep
08-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Heck if Nick ran it, then it should be reclassified as a highway... LOL J/K

Then again what is up with the H2 Av?

tyota
08-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Heck if Nick ran it, then it should be reclassified as a highway... LOL J/K

Then again what is up with the H2 Av?

dunno......................just like to be different I guess:D

mingoglia
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
I think that's a phat whip Nick has as his avatar.

zeitlerusmc
08-30-2006, 01:44 PM
DID SOMEONE JUST SAY "PHAT WHIP" IN A JEEP FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!:rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

mingoglia
08-30-2006, 03:01 PM
DID SOMEONE JUST SAY "PHAT WHIP" IN A JEEP FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!:rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Talking about phat whip. I just saw the exact same H2 that's in Nick's Avatar except the tires were a bit larger and lower profile in my parking lot at the office. I neandered down to get the mail and I looked out and there's 6-7 guys standing around looking at it and one guy had the hood up checking it out. The engine sounded kinda odd...it kinda sounded like it was running on propane. Those that aren't familiar with this sound it's kinda like a tapping sound.

I walked by (one of my employees happened to also be out there smoking) and was hoping one of them said, "hey, cool hummer, right?". I already had my response, "it looks like a H1 owner's girlfriend's car" standing by.

Mike