PDA

View Full Version : White Tanks Update

My1stJeep
08-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Ok, first I want to thank all who have supported this effort by attending the meetings or given input to the document, helping with trail inventory and those who helped edit it and present it to the City of Buckeye.

Here is the status, we are not out of the woods yet, however the City of Buckeye has approved that the 4x4's will be included as an approved use within the park on the designated trails we have inventoried. There are still some issues that will require mitigation and support from the OHV community to keep this listed as an approved activity, but being listed at this stage as an approved activity is a success in my book. Just keep in mind, that is only a victory in an early stage of a long race, we still have several stages to go, so we can't let up now.

Again thanks to all of you that have supported this effort and to the City of Buckeye for working with us in this venture and their commitment to the community.

FrenchChili
08-18-2006, 11:27 AM
wooptidooo what's the next step?

My1stJeep
08-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I am waiting to hear back from our contact for what they see as the next steps are. I am also hoping for a list of issues that those on the city board might have seen as issues or potential issues so that we could start formulating plans of action to correct them.

My guess is stay in contact with them, work with them on any issues that arise to help them mitigate those. It will be a close working relationship. I am sure there are going to be more meetings to attend, we will have to meet and update out document that we used for the proposal and we will have to work with the AZOHVC for funds to help fund/work out the issues.

Wind_Danzer
08-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah, awesome Chris!!!!

jeepsonly
08-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Cool, glad to hear it. This 4x4 trail preservation project goes back YEARS. Good to see all that work paid off.

1BLKJP
08-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, Chris Huge Props to you and the team that put that together. The presentation you did was top notch. I'm glad this one is working out for us.

Maybe the tides are changing folks and the perception of wheelers is on the up and up. Let's keep the ball rolling. If this works out like Chris and I talked about last night then this will be a precedent for us in future trail issues.

bgwhtjp33
08-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the update Chris........

RokNRich
08-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the hard work Chris.

I still need to get out there and wheel.

How about organizing a run ? (Sep 9th ??)

AZXJ
08-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Chris,

Thank you for taking the lead on this man... I really appreciate it...
It's grat to see something I mentioned to Tammy Pike 8 years ago finally starting to take shape..... Keep me posted on the upcomming events and I'll doe my best to be 100% involved..

Dave

Last_Renegade
08-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Chris....You ROCK Brother!!!!

My1stJeep
08-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the hard work Chris.

I still need to get out there and wheel.

How about organizing a run ? (Sep 9th ??)

Let me see if I can work that in, I will be in the NOVACC workshops that weekend, but let me see what the times of that are and see if we can't squeeze one in, might be my sons first trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triple-XJ
08-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Chris is correct. :)
Jeanine also informed me that 4 wheel drive vehicles ONLY will be put into the plan, Buckeye will NOT entertain the idea of ATV's. She also stated, "we hope that this will be an acceptable compromise for everyone".

The EA draft has been reviewed and will be released for public input soon. Buckeye plans on proceeding with the port of entry road and initial construction as soon as the RMPP is complete.

Remember guys, this info came after many failed attempts to contact The Town of Buckeye (Jeanine sent her apologize) but we were professional and courteous during this time. We need to remain this way if we want to stay in the game. This could still be shot down but hang in there because if we can make this happen, it will be the first of its kind.

Thanks for the help everyone,

Tirith
08-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Excellent news! Thanks to everyone who helped out with the plan and the proposal, especially Chris for taking the lead. :cool:

Brian

Triple-XJ
08-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Excellent news! Thanks to everyone who helped out with the plan and the proposal, especially Chris for taking the lead. :cool:

Brian

He does OUTSTANDING work huh :)
Every-one should be proud to have some-one like him on the team.

My1stJeep
08-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Anyone up for a evening run or late afternoon on the 9th?

My1stJeep
08-25-2006, 02:26 PM
He does OUTSTANDING work huh :)
Every-one should be proud to have some-one like him on the team.

:o Oh wait you were talking about me...LOL

Wind_Danzer
08-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Possibly. I am supposed to be coming in from San Fran that day but I do not know what time the travel will take place.