View Full Version : Where to get Gate Codes?

07-25-2006, 09:48 AM
I am a 4 year jeep owner and have recently "outfitted" my tj to be able to do some serious roading. I have obtained the red mirror tag state trust land permit for 2006-2007 and the registration half sheet that goes with that. I have recently been going out to AZ - 88 north of AJ near Idaho Road. The lone road on the way to apache lake.

I need some assistance in where to obtain the gate codes that work near Goldfield on that first stretch. I spoke with a state trooper a few months ago and he said to get the land permit. I did but I never recieved the monthly gate code sheet. Is this something I should have recieved?? Is there another permit I should be obtaining? Any direction would be helpful.



07-25-2006, 10:45 AM
USFS Ranger Station in East Mesa is where you can get the codes. Free.

5140 E. Ingram St.
Mesa, Arizona 85205

Phone: (480) 610-3300
Fax: (480) 610-3346


07-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Yup, Like Bill said. It's a separate permit to run out in BullDog Canyon. Willow Springs is a great trail though. Can make it as hard as you want to.