PDA

View Full Version : Table Mesa and the BLM RMP

Hackle
07-22-2006, 08:22 PM
The plan for Table Mesa is done and being submitted. At this point if we set up a meeting I can get the BLM to show up for a question and answer session. I need to know who wants to go to the meeting and ideas for where we can have it. Depending on numbers of interseted parties will make the determination of what kind of location we need. So if you are interested please resond to this thread.

We all have spent a lot of time and effort on the BLM plan attending meetings, and I know I have questions I would like to ask. I need a count of who is interested and ideas for where to have the meeting. I will set up the BLM, but can not do all this myself in need help finding a location.

We just need to stay polite. We do not need to agree with them just stay civil. The plan has for the first time included OHV planning and they have 5 years to designate trails so nothing is set in stone which is good for us. They will build staging areas in Table Mesa and other areas for OHV. Well they (us in volunteer form)

I need help to set this up so everyone gets a well earned chance to hear what they have to say.
Jim F.

Brad
07-22-2006, 09:32 PM
I am interested.

Thanks
Brad

AZXJ
07-22-2006, 10:35 PM
ArizonaXJ club is interested...

FrenchChili
07-23-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm in...

I also have questions about the mining up there that might give probs to trail access...

Hackle
07-23-2006, 06:51 PM
I will let this ride for a while to see how much interest we have so do not expect quick answers.
Dave if you want to set something up for AZXJ let me know as i am also setting up a RockRats meeting I can help you set up something for your group.
BTW I will not set up a location and time for the AZVJC but I will make sure the BLM will show up at what ever location and time the AZVJC picks. Same as AZXJ and the RockRats.
Jim F.

AZXJ
07-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Jim,

Sounds like a plan.. I'll see what the Grocrie getter crowd wants to do.. :D

My1stJeep
07-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Jim,

I am in, let me know. That is if I am not in class.

1BLKJP
07-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Jim,

I am definitely interested in attending one of these sessions. Just by doing some preliminary reading it actually looks pretty good for us in the Table Mesa area.

https://www.blm.gov/eplanning/az_pn/builds/build217/index.htm

Hackle
07-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Keep in mind I am dealing with a government agency to set this up I need a min. of two weeks notice on a date and site. I would prefer about 4 weeks. Thay will show up but are not at my beck and call.
Jim F.

My1stJeep
07-26-2006, 05:46 PM
So we have 3 from the AZVJC that would make the time to attend this?

I see Dave is a yes, but consider he is representing teh AZXJ, and Jim is with the Rock Rats. Where are all the VJCer's that wheel the Table Mesa Road area? Or are there only 3 that care to attend the meeting while everyone else just wheels?

This is our opportunity to be heard and try and keep as much as possible open to wheel in that area. No date and time has been set, there has to be more that care and will attend?????

RickBeer
07-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I expect to be there...... I can bring a few more face's with me ;)

Hackle
07-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Unless I'm reading this wrong, Jim is looking for someone to step up with planning a meeting for the AZVJC. Can you clarify this Jim ?

Nothing to clarify you got it right.

So Jim needs two weeks notice to get them here and we need a place, but we need to do it within a month. How about a sponsors place ?

I need a min two weeks notice for a meeting time and place. The meeting can be with in the next two months at least as the plan will move slowly at this point.

Has anyone worked on talking points for the plan ? What's your take on it ? Is it too late to change anything ?

You do not need talking points as it will be a presentation by BLM and then a question/ answer session. Remember they are our guests we need to keep it professional.

Thanks for the link 1BLKJP
https://www.blm.gov/eplanning/az_pn/...d217/index.htm

Try to work through it now...........

Hope this helps Jim F.

My1stJeep
07-27-2006, 04:26 PM
If I can get a fairly accurate head count I might have a place, but seating is limited.

1BLKJP
07-27-2006, 04:46 PM
I can't remember for the life of me who it was, but the last meeting we had downtown was a great location and had plenty of seating in it. If you were that person who set it up (and I know you weren't wanting to take a bunch of credit for it before) could PM me or Chris or even Hackle and see if we can use the auditorium again. I think this would make for a great place to get together and isn't too far out of the way for anyone particular segment of the valley.

My1stJeep
08-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Ok, just to make sure eveyone knows just how much area this affects, it goes from I-10 to Prescott, from I-17 West to I am not sure how far West, but the White Tanks are about halfway point to how far West it reaches (I think based on the map I saw in the plan). We are talking about a very LARGE area, it includes both the White Tanks, Table Mesa Road all the way up to Prescott, including everything around Crown King. If you have any favorite areas with in this range it affects you. You may want to consider reading the plan that Jack supplied and letting us know if you are interested in meeting with the land management to give your thoughts and support for which management plan you want to see pass. It is also good to get some clarifying questions in so you can make your decision or suggestions. If not we could stand to lose all the areas that we currently use to off road.

Here is the map to show you just how much area is included...

1eagle
08-03-2006, 05:00 AM
I would also be interested in attending, I will let Bill Mish know about this also.

Triple-XJ
08-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Sign me up also.

Wind_Danzer
08-04-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm interested in attending if it's not on a day I'm working.

Wildcat455
08-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Roger (1eagle) called me and told me about this.

Couple things come to mind:
Jim,
If the plan is done and being submitted, what is the question and answer session for? Is it just to find out "What the plan is"??

Nothing wrong with that, I'm just trying to be informed on what our position is.

Who came up with "The Plan"?

Did "We" have any input? Or will this meeting serve as our input?

I am EXTREMELY interested in attending, and I will be on my absolute best behavior. :D

Chris,

Nice Map.
That's a helluva lot of area!!

I understand the need to keep this calm, but we could use a little controlled exposure on this! I don't want my son to have to wheel in the Alleys behind our house!

Hackle
08-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Roger (1eagle) called me and told me about this.

Couple things come to mind:
Jim,
If the plan is done and being submitted, what is the question and answer session for? Is it just to find out "What the plan is"??

Yes they will explain the plan and how it will effect us.
Nothing wrong with that, I'm just trying to be informed on what our position is.

Who came up with "The Plan"?

The BLM

Did "We" have any input? Or will this meeting serve as our input?

Input is over other then a protest or law suit. This has been in the works and I know I have been to many meeting over this in the last 4 to 5 years.
It has been dicussed on this board and others many times.

I am EXTREMELY interested in attending, and I will be on my absolute best behavior. :D

Chris,

Nice Map.
That's a helluva lot of area!!

I understand the need to keep this calm, but we could use a little controlled exposure on this! I don't want my son to have to wheel in the Alleys behind our house!

Hope this answers most of the questions.
Jim F.