PDA

View Full Version : WANTER : A YJ that RUNS!.... I need a ECM (COMPUTER)

georgia
04-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey Folks,

I need an ECM for a 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ SE, 2.5 L, Manual Transmission. I've spent the last four days and 500 bucks replacing every sensor I have, the battery and even the fuel pump :mad: . I'm not getting any spark or fuel, but she will crank all day. I really do think its the computer.

I think I can get a new one for around 250 or so, but I was hoping that someone here may have one or at least have a link to one. If you do, please PM me, E-mail me @ james_nicole_hill@msn.com or call me at 520-465-1016.

Thanks!
James

tyota
04-18-2006, 11:20 PM
I really do think

thats what cost you 500 bucks:D
call nacho over at amc4x4, I don't remember his number offhand, and if I remember correctly you live in tucson, but..........if you dexonline it amc 4x4 in glendale az I'm sure they've got one

good luck

georgia
04-19-2006, 06:17 AM
thats what cost you 500 bucks:D
call nacho over at amc4x4, I don't remember his number offhand, and if I remember correctly you live in tucson, but..........if you dexonline it amc 4x4 in glendale az I'm sure they've got one

good luck

Thanks Nick...Smart ***:rolleyes: At least I can look at it this way...all of my prevenative maintenance is done for a LONG while and now I'll have alot of spare sensors....:cool:

blkjack21
05-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Hey Folks,

I need an ECM for a 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ SE, 2.5 L, Manual Transmission. I've spent the last four days and 500 bucks replacing every sensor I have, the battery and even the fuel pump :mad: . I'm not getting any spark or fuel, but she will crank all day. I really do think its the computer.

I think I can get a new one for around 250 or so, but I was hoping that someone here may have one or at least have a link to one. If you do, please PM me, E-mail me @ james_nicole_hill@msn.com or call me at 520-465-1016.

Thanks!
James

James,
Does your check engine light come on? If it does not come on, you may not be getting power to your computer...check your fuses under the dash, one may be blown causing a break in the circuit to your computer.

I had a similar situation, and I also have a 95 YJ 4cyl. Good battery, starter was crankin but engine would not turn over. Turned out to be a bad 10A (Dome) fuse.

Good Luck!
-Chris

georgia
05-03-2006, 03:09 PM
James,
Does your check engine light come on? If it does not come on, you may not be getting power to your computer...check your fuses under the dash, one may be blown causing a break in the circuit to your computer.

I had a similar situation, and I also have a 95 YJ 4cyl. Good battery, starter was crankin but engine would not turn over. Turned out to be a bad 10A (Dome) fuse.

Good Luck!
-Chris

THanks for the idea Chris...I'll check those tonight...the weird thing is...it will crankover and run every great now and then, and when its running, it runs like a champ. It's an intermittent problem.:(

blkjack21
05-03-2006, 09:54 PM
THanks for the idea Chris...I'll check those tonight...the weird thing is...it will crankover and run every great now and then, and when its running, it runs like a champ. It's an intermittent problem.:(

Damn... those intermittnet problems are the hardest to troubleshoot. Yep, sounds like a computer problem...

Good luck!
-Chris

georgia
05-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Damn... those intermittnet problems are the hardest to troubleshoot. Yep, sounds like a computer problem...

Good luck!
-Chris

Yea, I am pretty sure its a computer...I've got a new one on the way should be here friday...if it doesn't work....I'll be buying a 4.0 YJ, and swapping the axles and SOA over to it....and selling the 2.5 bone stock....with a busted computer...:mad:

blkjack21
05-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Yea, I am pretty sure its a computer...I've got a new one on the way should be here friday...if it doesn't work....I'll be buying a 4.0 YJ, and swapping the axles and SOA over to it....and selling the 2.5 bone stock....with a busted computer...:mad:
I hear ya! I'm gearing up to either do complete 4.0L engine/tranny swap myself or just get a 4.0 TJ and upgrade it...

RT8827
05-04-2006, 10:56 PM
...the weird thing is...it will crankover and run every great now and then, and when its running, it runs like a champ. It's an intermittent problem.:(
When my brother-in-law had similar problems with his '89 YJ, the problem ended up being the CPS (crank position sensor). When it ran, it was perfect; sometimes, though, it would crank and crank but never fire. Definitely intermittent. Is the CPS one of the sensors you've already replaced, James?
Reed

georgia
05-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Yea, I've replaced the CPS, TPS, MAP, Fuel Pressure Regulator...Coil, Distributor...yea, been there...thanks for the idea though...

and how did you know my name was James anyhow?:confused:

RT8827
05-05-2006, 04:50 PM
I actually didn't know your name was James, but Chris (if that's his name) seemed to think it was. :cool:

James,
Does your check engine light come on? ...
Good Luck!
-Chris

D L W
05-05-2006, 05:31 PM
James,
I know a Toyota is not a Jeep, I have both and seldom get them confused, but the problem you are describing occurred with my 1999 Toyota 4 banger. The problem turned out to be a loose ground wire that bolted under the intake. Soooo, if you haven't already, check all the gounds around the vehicle. I learned the hard way. The truck would crank all day long but no spark or fuel. No check engine light, and no start. Found and tightened the loose ground fired right up. If the problem is intermittent this may be the problem!! Good luck. Don