PDA

View Full Version : wheelin this weekend 3/18.

flexinxj
03-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I want to go wheelin this weekend, i just got my axle swap done and need to go test it out. i put a 14 bolt in the rear with a spool and d44 with lockright in the front, and i need to go break in the new 37's. any one up for something??? i don't know were to go TM or FJ?:confused:

Jason

Wildcat455
03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
I want to go wheelin this weekend, i just got my axle swap done and need to go test it out. i put a 14 bolt in the rear with a spool and d44 with lockright in the front, and i need to go break in the new 37's. any one up for something??? i don't know were to go TM or FJ?:confused:

Jason

We're all going to Table Mesa, sooo.... Maybe Florence Junction?? :D

Renob
03-15-2006, 08:31 PM
We're all going to Table Mesa, sooo.... Maybe Florence Junction?? :D

Nice.......:D

macinyart
03-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Guys,
We are going to clean up the Saguaro Cove area on Sunday, you're invited. Come out and help clean up a beautiful area. Meet at the Butcher Jones green gate at 9:00 AM. Sign up on the trip and the AZVJC site. Let's do this one.

scout80
03-15-2006, 09:40 PM
macinyart, IF my D-shaft comes in this week and I get back from tucson in time I will be there with bells on. I have a full sized truck we can load up. Yes it will make it in and out with no prob. The green gate your talking about is down at the end of the BJ road right? down by the lake?

fourbychef
03-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Just so you all know, The Tacoma guys are having a big wheel fest this weekend out in flo-jo :D Come on out,,,,,Thursdayam-pm-Sundayam
mar16-19, fun for all :)

K-ton

Jason

westy
03-16-2006, 06:50 AM
and the Bronco guys will be out there as well. Should be a crazy weekend...see ya out there.

flexinxj
03-16-2006, 08:51 AM
HMMMMMM, were to go? what trail are you going to do out at TM Bill? FJ sounds like it will be super crowded.

Wildcat455
03-16-2006, 10:19 AM
HMMMMMM, were to go? what trail are you going to do out at TM Bill? FJ sounds like it will be super crowded.

Think of a trail you have always wanted to run, and that will be it.
Saturday morning I am working, shouldn't take much longer than noon though... so it can be after that, but before the Meet and Greet at 5-6 PM, or we can do a night run out there, or push it back to Sunday. Either way, it is completely up to you, since this is your thread. As far as I'm concerned, Anyone else is welcome to come out and run it with us, after you pick the trail, time and date.

flexinxj
03-16-2006, 10:44 AM
sounds good to me, i'll be thinking today of a trail. xxx looked fun but you just did it :D . and most definatly more people is always good.

Wildcat455
03-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Anyone else up for the "Mystery trail" to be revealed later...:)

Lifes A Jeep
03-16-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm interested in this "mystery trail"

Depends on what trail and when. I'd really like to run Predator but I'm up for whatever. Just throwing that out there. There is a chance my friends and I will be installing my PSC armor. So I can't commit just yet.

Wind_Danzer
03-16-2006, 01:54 PM
What day/time and PM me if the mystery trail is outta my league so it stays all secret and stuff.

Wildcat455
03-16-2006, 04:18 PM
What day/time and PM me if the mystery trail is outta my league so it stays all secret and stuff.

No, no, NO!!
Geez, it's only a mystery because he hasn't picked it yet, :rolleyes: and you'll just have to stay tuned to this thread, to find out what it is and if you can do it... :rolleyes:

Griswold
03-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Anyone else up for the "Mystery trail" to be revealed later...:)
I have about 4 days worth of work to do this weekend but I am sure everyone will understand if I want to go wheel. Sunday sounds real tempting.

Renob
03-16-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm in if we go on Sunday

twstdtj
03-16-2006, 08:38 PM
me go 2 if sunday. if i get the invite!!

flexinxj
03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
ok, ok no more secrets...GEEZ:D, the only reason i am so hesitant is because i was hoping that someone would throw a trail out there and it would probably be good. I just don't know the area well enough to say what trail. i have done terminator before and would like to do something different. but i think predator sounds good..

i can't go sunday because i am going to my brother in-laws house all day..

ok DAY 3/18 time: i think noon, noon thirty because bill has to work in the morn.

there is that better, a more concrete day and time kind of....:D

twstdtj of course anyones invited......provided the rig is capable:cool: .

Wildcat455
03-16-2006, 10:41 PM
AWW, c'mawn you guys, Saturday at Noon thirty!!:D
I fully EXPECT to see each and every one of you in CHURCH on Sunday, beggin' for forgiveness, not out on the trail!! :mad:

I KNOW you all can afford a little time Saturday afternoon!:rolleyes:

Jason, Have you ever run Predator? I want to make sure you are challenged. :D Tell me your setup. :cool:

Wind_Danzer
03-16-2006, 10:55 PM
I fully EXPECT to see each and every one of you in CHURCH on Sunday, beggin' for forgiveness, not out on the trail!! :mad:

Jason, Have you ever run Predator? I want to make sure you are challenged. :D Tell me your setup. :cool:

Bill you're making it too easy for me, from the inital post that started this thread :rolleyes:

I want to go wheelin this weekend, i just got my axle swap done and need to go test it out. i put a 14 bolt in the rear with a spool and d44 with lockright in the front, and i need to go break in the new 37's. any one up for something??? i don't know were to go TM or FJ?

Jason

:D :D :D

I think if I can make it through there, then he should be fine other then the fact he's longer wheelbase. :D

Renob
03-16-2006, 11:09 PM
I fully EXPECT to see each and every one of you in CHURCH on Sunday, beggin' for forgiveness, not out on the trail!!
Bill,
You know Saturday is fabrication day. Sunday is for going out and breaking everything you made on Saturday. Therefore, I will be unable to make it on Saturday. I hope you have a good run and post lots of pics.

Thread high-jack in progress:
My brother and I will be doing a run on Sunday to test and possibly break the stuff we are making for our Jeeps on Saturday. I'm thinking Predator, Judgment Day, etc. Meet at the usual air down spot, around 9:00 AM.......Anyone interested?

*We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread*

flexinxj
03-17-2006, 06:49 AM
My setup is 8 rock krawler LA that is now about a 12",front dana 44, rear 14 bolt, 5.13 front, rear, spool in back Lockright front,on 37's, and exo skel. it should be good to go....i think. I posted the run on the old site.

I haven't run predator

My number is (480)797-2518 if it is easier.

C'mon jamie lets wheel....:D

xFallen
03-17-2006, 07:09 AM
My setup is 8 rock krawler LA that is now about a 12",front dana 44, rear 14 bolt, 5.13 front, rear, spool in back Lockright front,on 37's, and exo skel. it should be good to go....i think. I posted the run on the old site.

I haven't run predator

My number is (480)797-2518 if it is easier.

C'mon jamie lets wheel....:D

Cool. WIth all that lift, we should be able to tip you over all the easier. :D

You are set up to run Anaconda and Collateral Damage. Predator and JD are okay for recreational runs but really won't be that big of a deal for your rig. Depends on what you want to do.

Barry

xFallen
03-17-2006, 07:11 AM

The trails ARE my Church! You think I am kidding.

X2 on the challenge thing. That rig sounds like it is set up for more than the run of the mill.

Barry

Wildcat455
03-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Bill you're making it too easy for me, from the inital post that started this thread :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

I think if I can make it through there, then he should be fine other then the fact he's longer wheelbase. :D

:rolleyes: There's allot more to vehicle setup than what was posted in the original thread opener, Jamie.:rolleyes:

I wanted to make sure I wasn't sticking him out on a limb by offering to run something YOU couldn't! :D

Jason, thanks for replying even though Jamie tried to "C" her way into an "A+B" conversation!

If you want, we can run Predator, then head to a bigger trail or two... time permitting...

flexinxj
03-17-2006, 08:57 AM
sweet sounds good to me.

Barry you goin? I think maybe you need to, for more practice..:D

xFallen
03-17-2006, 09:10 AM
sweet sounds good to me.

Barry you goin? I think maybe you need to, for more practice..:D

You think? You mean to beat on my poor Jeep some more.

I dunno. I have a broken shock and don't want to buy a new one because I have a project in the planning stages that will require all my coins...guess maybe I need to bite the bullet and just buy a shock or two so I can wheel in the meantime.

So...umm...maybe? :D I'd ride shotgun somewhere, take pictures and (what I do best) heckle. :rolleyes:

Barry

Lifes A Jeep
03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Things are looking good for me. I should be able to make on Saturday for the Predator run. My only concern now is the forecast for rain. If its downpouring around 11am, I'm not sure if I'll come out to play. It's gonna be cold and rainy all weekend.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/tenday/USAZ0277?from=search_10day

xFallen
03-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Things are looking good for me. I should be able to make on Saturday for the Predator run. My only concern now is the forecast for rain. If its downpouring around 11am, I'm not sure if I'll come out to play. It's gonna be cold and rainy all weekend.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/tenday/USAZ0277?from=search_10day

Given your level of build, water is what makes JD and Predator actually challenging. :D

Wildcat455
03-17-2006, 12:25 PM
It might be kinda fun to wheel in the rain... FOR A CHANGE!!!

Wildcat455
03-17-2006, 12:27 PM

Aww, c'mon, your link says "Showers" that's hardly a downpour, and it shows Sunday being partly cloudy... Yup, sounds like you're in! :D

Lifes A Jeep
03-17-2006, 01:07 PM
HAHA...this is the last time I mention anything about showers. Tell ya what, it will be damn fun going through some of the TM trails in the rain. I'm really hoping to run Predator with my doors off. I just don't want to get myself soaked.

I'm trying to work on my passenger right now. I have two friends I asked and neither of them would give me a definitive answer. Both of them gave me the BS answer "We'll see"

Anyone else going besides, Wildcat, FlexinXJ and myself? Everyone else thinking about Sunday? All I know is 3 is more then enough for Saturday. :)

xFallen
03-17-2006, 01:50 PM
HAHA...this is the last time I mention anything about showers. Tell ya what, it will be damn fun going through some of the TM trails in the rain. I'm really hoping to run Predator with my doors off. I just don't want to get myself soaked.

I'm trying to work on my passenger right now. I have two friends I asked and neither of them would give me a definitive answer. Both of them gave me the BS answer "We'll see"

Anyone else going besides, Wildcat, FlexinXJ and myself? Everyone else thinking about Sunday? All I know is 3 is more then enough for Saturday. :)

What...you gonna melt or something? It's just water ya know.

flexinxj
03-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Anyone else going besides, Wildcat, FlexinXJ and myself? Everyone else thinking about Sunday? All I know is 3 is more then enough for Saturday.

Yeah Barry probably can't resist the urge to wheel so he'll probably go out and get a shock. either that or he would make a good right seater.:D

xFallen
03-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah Barry probably can't resist the urge to wheel so he'll probably go out and get a shock. either that or he would make a good right seater.:D

No shock, as they seem to be an oddball size and nobody seems to stock them, so I can either sit out this weekend (I am getting tremors already :eek: ) or nag from the right hand seat. :rolleyes:

Barry

flexinxj
03-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Barry what length are the shocks, i have some in my back yard, probably not the right ones but if they are i'll givem to you. oh also what mounts? if not i do have a rider with me but it is an XJ so no big deal if yo want to come, besides john needs a rider anyways.

xFallen
03-18-2006, 02:40 AM
Barry what length are the shocks, i have some in my back yard, probably not the right ones but if they are i'll givem to you. oh also what mounts? if not i do have a rider with me but it is an XJ so no big deal if yo want to come, besides john needs a rider anyways.

Wheeling is out for me on Saturday afternoon anyway. I need to be back in the city by 4:00 pm. For some reason I thought this was coming together for Sunday. I believe I was mistaken on that count. :D

Barry

flexinxj
03-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Alright Barry we'll try not to have fun..:cool:.

macinyart
03-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Barry,
I have a full set of lightly used Rancho Shocks that I would part with pretty easily, like $50. Let me know what size you need and I will measure them.

Wildcat455
03-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm back from work, Early and pissed off!
So who's all going?
I'd hate to leave anyone behind.:rolleyes:
Does anyone wanna go a little earlier than planned, because that can be arranged?

I'll Give you all a while to post up while I go "Settle Down" :mad: ...

Lifes A Jeep
03-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Hey Wildcat

I'm getting things together right now. I'm meeting my passenger at his house in Scottsdale at 10:30 and will then head on up there. I can meet a little bit earlier but not much unfortunately. I'll check the thread again before I leave at 10:15.

See you at TM. It's gonna be an awesome day for wheeling!!!

OlneyJeeps
03-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Thread hijack:eek: :eek:

Any up for doing the Coves cleanup?
date is changed back to Sunday
plenty of fun/challenging stuff + good cause

flexinxj
03-18-2006, 10:30 AM
hey bill i am gona leave here in about 30-45 min so that will put me there at 12:15-12:30 i am doing a couple of things for my wife before i go. i'll see ya out there i'll be at the airdown spot..:D

(480)797-2518 my cell #

xFallen
03-18-2006, 10:34 AM
hey bill i am gona leave here in about 30-45 min so that will put me there at 12:15-12:30 i am doing a couple of things for my wife before i go. i'll see ya out there i'll be at the airdown spot..:D

(480)797-2518 my cell #

:eek: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

What's it like?

(Monty Python reference)

Wildcat455
03-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm back, in a better mood, and I'm leaving!
See you 2 up there!! :D

twstdtj
03-18-2006, 05:05 PM
For those interested Im still going on Sunday. So whos still gonna be there?

xFallen
03-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Barry,
I have a full set of lightly used Rancho Shocks that I would part with pretty easily, like $50. Let me know what size you need and I will measure them.

Thanks. But, we're good. Simon of 4 Wheelers Supply (http://4wheelers.com/) hooked me up with one of his Godfather deals. You know, the ones you just can't refuse. :eek:

Thanks Simon! I now have shocks that will do the trick until the stretch, new suspension and coilovers are in place.

Barry

Renob
03-18-2006, 09:55 PM
My brother and I are still up for Sunday and will be at the usual air down area at 9:00 AM. We'll see whom ever is going, tomorrow.

BTW, I promise to try and keep my tires on my wheels this time :D

1eagle
03-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Sounds like you had a good time. Wish I could of went instead of working on the Dodge.

OlneyJeeps
03-19-2006, 05:57 AM
Coffee's brewing, will pick up trailer
eta 9am