PDA

View Full Version : e mail to BLM Patrick Madigan

SavageSun4x4
02-28-2006, 06:36 PM
The following is the e-mail I sent out this evening to Patrick Madigan. I thanked him for the meeting and opened up the dialogue to set up a Jeep-trail run:

Patrick,

I would like to thank you and your staff for rescheduling and conducting the meeting in Phoenix. The meeting provided a much-needed insight into the BLM process. It was also beneficial to meet your staff members and gain an understanding of their roles.

Listening to you, we feel all can move forward and work together as never before. I sincerely hope that we did not appear too unkindly or unsympathetic to the arduous challenge facing your office.

That said I hope you will find time to take us up on the offer of a trail ride. I also welcome any members of your staff. I know your schedule is a busy and I will work with it.

The Florence Junction area and various trails mentioned at the meeting would be most appropriate. You pick the day, weekday or weekend and along with several other Jeepers, we will be pleased to show you the sights.

Expect it to be an all day experience, and we will provide lunch and cold drinks for all. If there is any particular trails you would like to view please let me know.

My schedule is open except for the month of May when I am out of town at a family reunion.

Again, thank you for the meeting and I look forward to showing you the trails and hope you will gain an insight to our favorite form of recreation.

SavageSun4x4
03-02-2006, 09:52 AM
I have not received a reply as of this am [2 Mar 11am]. I will give it a week and do a resend if I haven't heard from him. He did ask to go and gave me his card with the e mail.

Will post when when I get a reply...

Sandee McCullen
03-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I have not received a reply as of this am [2 Mar 11am]. I will give it a week and do a resend if I haven't heard from him. He did ask to go and gave me his card with the e mail.

Will post when when I get a reply...

fyi....... Patrick was attending a Resource Advisory Council meeting on March 1-3.......... I would imagine he will respond early this next week. I'm also hoping he will begin with "round table" meetings with us to allow the dialog to continue. He definitely has a tough row to hoe within that office. I believe we can make a difference but the "trust" factor will be our first obstacle.
THANKS for contacting him. It will make a difference Don.

SavageSun4x4
03-05-2006, 09:11 AM
fyi....... Patrick was attending a Resource Advisory Council meeting on March 1-3.......... I would imagine he will respond early this next week. I'm also hoping he will begin with "round table" meetings with us to allow the dialog to continue. He definitely has a tough row to hoe within that office. I believe we can make a difference but the "trust" factor will be our first obstacle.
THANKS for contacting him. It will make a difference Don.

Thanks...

When I hear from him and get something set up, I will post and ask for input in the way of 'burning issues' to ask about. Clearly I do not want to turn a invite to a Jeep outing into a 'gottcha cornered' situation, nor do I want to press for any answers to anything. Its not the time or place. But to toss out some issues for thought such as 'we hope you will consider round table meetings in the future'. Could go along ways to getting out agenda on the table.

Consider this our 'golf outing'.:)