12-31-2003, 07:44 PM
do not try to adjust your computer.
we are controlling it from here.

Washington_XJ
09-25-2007, 12:33 PM
wow, what?

offroadaz
09-25-2007, 12:38 PM
yah 4 years ago when the forum started up some of the BBS folks were angry and tried to remotely take over anyones computer who logged into the web base message board

it did not end well

amber.hodge
09-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow - what jerkfaces!

I DARE you to take over this computer...I'm sure you'd love federal prison for tapping into a government network.

My Green Jeep
09-25-2007, 02:19 PM
All right... now someone else can be in their right mind on my computer :eek: :D

LOL...

Washington_XJ
09-25-2007, 04:46 PM
yah 4 years ago when the forum started up some of the BBS folks were angry and tried to remotely take over anyones computer who logged into the web base message board

it did not end well

What do you mean it didnt end well? And who is BBS?

lancetkenyon
09-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Why do people insist on bringing back a 3 1/2 year old thread with no responses! Leave well enough alone.

Allen
09-25-2007, 06:27 PM
What ya doin Xan

offroadaz
09-25-2007, 07:03 PM
What do you mean it didnt end well? And who is BBS?

Ever wonder why Joe has a strict PG rating for the forums? Well it didn't used to be that way.....

amber.hodge
09-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Why do people insist on bringing back a 3 1/2 year old thread with no responses! Leave well enough alone.

Wow! I don't look at original dates - I just go to new posts....didnt have a clue it was that old!!! Washington, what the heck? :D

Washington_XJ
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Didn't know it was a crime? I went to the last page to see how far back they were keeping the posts and noticed this strange one. Now I know something new, thanks offroadaz.

amber.hodge
09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
:D I'm just happy that is not a current problem. I'd happily turn those guys in to the authorities on post :D

danno
09-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Amber... No one was REALLY trying to take control of someone's computer. offroadaz is just joshin ya. That was probably Joe with one of the first posts on the AZVJC forum. Thats about when the virtualjeepclub.com discussion forum was started, which was different from the Yahoo Groups BBS.

A shiny quarter to the person who can correctly identify the origin of this narration:

"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to..."

lancetkenyon
09-26-2007, 06:45 PM
The Twilight Zone, Rod Steiger.

offroadaz
09-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Amber... No one was REALLY trying to take control of someone's computer. offroadaz is just joshin ya. That was probably Joe with one of the first posts on the AZVJC forum. Thats about when the virtualjeepclub.com discussion forum was started, which was different from the Yahoo Groups BBS.

lol I was wonderin if someone was gonna catch that :D

danno
09-26-2007, 07:01 PM
No correct answer yet... It seems like it would be the twilight zone... but its actually not.

Here's a hint... Leslie Stevens

papajeep
09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
do not try to adjust your computer.
we are controlling it from here.

Wow that was me before I became Papajeep. Who would dig this stuff up?
must be bored....:rolleyes:

Tirith
09-27-2007, 11:47 AM
No correct answer yet... It seems like it would be the twilight zone... but its actually not.

Here's a hint... Leslie Stevens

Wow... 24 hours and no correct answers?

Outer Limits. :)

amber.hodge
09-27-2007, 12:23 PM
LOL I wish you could see body language and expression in posts - I was joking around.