PDA

View Full Version : Taking away trails around Roosevelt

fishingfever
01-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Hope attatched comes through from Forest service, about closing trails around Roosevelt. It didn't work will try again whenb I get back from FJ

Sedona Jeep School
01-29-2006, 11:06 AM
AAAaaaaaahhh! No link! How can you torment us with that, then not provide a link? That's just sadistic...

fishingfever
02-12-2006, 05:58 AM
I have tried and just can't get it here. It is a letter from the FS saying they are looking at several of the roads around the Roosevelt area for closure. They have already gated and locked several of the old roads that went in to the lake. They are forcing folks to use the campgrounds that are poorly planned. The lake is for flood control and fluctuates but all the camp area is above the high water mark. When the lake is down you have to drive yourself down to the water. It used to be you could camp at the waters edge.
Several of the washes going down to the lake have been blocked or posted no access. There are a lot of old ranch roads as well. I am hopeing that they have a public comment meeting.

fishingfever
02-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Okay got this info today, at least the meeting is going to be local and folks that live in the area and will be impacted most should be able to make this meeting. I am dayshift so if I drive like I normally do I'll make it. So at least I can get my 2 cents worth in.

Forest Service Seeks Comments
The Tonto Basin Ranger District is asking for public comments for a management strategy for motorized vehilcle use on forest lands around Roosevelt. Comments should be submitted by March 31. The Forest Service is holding a public meeting to discuss these issues on Thursday, March 16. The meeting is from 6 until 7:30pm at Roosevelt Baptist Church.