PDA

View Full Version : Permit Required for Box Canyon?

Zimm
12-15-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm new to the forum and was wondering if a state trust land permit is required to travel through Box Canyon and Coke Ovens? According to the State Land Department website, you "need a permit to gain access to State Trust land or to other lands beyond Trust land unless traveling on a public road or highway." Would staying on a marked road (as I assume Box Canyon is) require a permit?

Y2K-XJ
12-15-2005, 05:23 PM
I dont think so....

I havent been out there in a while though...

1BLKJP
12-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes you are going to want to have a permit if you are going out to Florence Junction. Whether it is a marked road or not. You are traveling across state trust land to get to the trail. With the permit being only 20 for an individual then it is better to support the process instead of getting caught by a sheriff out there without one. The fine is pretty steep. Here is a link to the thread above that you can start the process of getting one.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=8687

AZG23
12-15-2005, 06:46 PM
actually...its pnly $15 for individual...$20 for family

Its pretty fast too....I stuffed mine in the mail Saturday morning and got it wednesday.....

1BLKJP
12-16-2005, 12:44 PM
actually...its pnly $15 for individual...$20 for family

Its pretty fast too....I stuffed mine in the mail Saturday morning and got it wednesday.....

Thanks for coverin for me boss. I have mine stuffed in the jeep and couldn't quite remember what I paid. :D

AZG23
12-16-2005, 12:52 PM
only reason I knew, its fresh in the head...ask me in a few weeks...LOL!