PDA

View Full Version : Tread Lightly Trainer Course 12/6

Hackle
11-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Start

What: TREAD LIGHTLY! Tread Trainer course
When: December 6, 2005 6-9pm
Where: Prowler Powersports, 7965 S. Priest Drive, Tempe AZ 85284

The TREAD LIGHTLY! Tread Trainer course aims to educate people in the details of the Tread Lightly! outdoor ethic. This is a free course taught by a Tread Lightly! Master Trainer. Participants will learn the Tread Lightly ethic and engage in interactive group discussions based on real life scenarios. We want you to be ready to make a trailside contact or a presentation to a group if the opportunity arises. You can be the first
line of information with the Tread Lightly! message! In Arizona, we are
attempting to build a cadre of Tread Trainers who pride themselves on being up on the issues and applying the Tread Lightly! ethic to the benefit of
the recreating public. Attendance is free and you'll come away with a new
understanding of the Tread Lightly! ethic. You can continue to give back
by letting others know about Tread Lightly!

Participants will receive a Tread Trainer binder, an information packet filled with lots of good to know information/brochures and a completion
decal. If you or your organization believe that reaching out the
recreating public is important, take the time to attend. Additionally, if you decide to become a Tread Lightly! volunteer, you will be sent a Tread Trainer certificate and information on how to further participate as a Tread Lightly! volunteer.

This course is possible due to a grant from Arizona State Parks and endorsed by the Bureau of Land Management and USDA Forest Service. For the
third time this year, it is being hosted by Prowler Powersports. Contact
Tom Bickauskas at 623-580-5502( thomas_bickauskas@blm.gov) or Prowler Powersports at 480-705-5300 for more information.

Please RSVP to thomas_bickauskas@blm.gov or by calling 623-580-5502.

Sedona Jeep School
11-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Yeah! Thanks, Jim! You must have been reading my mind--I was thinking about tracking Tom or Tami down for one of these. :D

Hackle
11-09-2005, 06:37 AM
I do my best:) I am trying to clear my schedule to go to this also.
Jim F.

My1stJeep
11-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Just cleared my with the boss so I could go!!!! Come on guys we need numbers at this, the land management orgs are watching, and a load of read shirts representing Jeepers all taking the class and then receiving a certificate can only help our position. The more of us that have this certificate the more it will help change their opinion of us, one step, one mind at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There has to be more than just 3 of us interested, at least I hope there is!!!!!!

roger
11-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm interested but I can't attend because 12/6 is a Tuesday and I'm booked on Tuesdays and Thursdays through the end of the year. :(

-Roger

My1stJeep
11-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Not a problem Roger, I know Tues and Thurs are a bery busy night, most youth sports teams like to practice those nights.

I know not everyone can make it, work etc... but there has to be than just 4 who want to and can attend.

I did post a trip up on the azvjc.org site, if you are going to attend please sign up, would like to get an idea of how many are going.

Also, if by chance you have already completed this training, send out a note, lets hear about it!!!! Let's get excited about this as there are at least three main land management groups that are watching and it will make an impact on their opinions based on our attendance.

ROCKFAN
11-15-2005, 11:23 AM
I plan on being there...will sign up on the oldsite to keep the count up...

mingoglia
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
OK, I have sent my RSVP for the class. I'm in.

Mike

azrubyman
11-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I have sent my RSVP as well.
I will be there to learn and support.

Ken

Devil Man
11-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Rsvp Me To :)

1BLKJP
11-15-2005, 04:51 PM
My RSVP has already been sent/accepted.

Devil Man
11-15-2005, 05:03 PM
You're on the list. See you Dec 6.

Here's a pre-homework assignment. Think of some ways to get the Tread
Lightly message out. We will be discussing this during the course.

Thomas V. Bickauskas
Transportation and Access Planning Coordinator
BLM Phoenix Field Office
21605 N. 7th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85027
(ph)623-580-5502
(fax)623-580-5580

OlneyJeeps
11-16-2005, 03:23 PM
I was/am surprised/dismayed at the small sign up for the land use meeting tonight ( Public Lands at Risk: Free, 7pm Nov 16, Harris Bank, 3425 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale. Presentation by the SIERRA CLUB ) posted on the old sight.
I listed myself as soon as I saw, but (unfortuneatly) am not going to make it due to sickness (when I was ready to voice my concerns, strep throat of all things :mad: ). Just got diagnosis / antibiotics, but still have fever and feel like krap.

My1stJeep
11-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Steve,

It is sad to say, but for land use issues they often go over looked. I know when I have posted stuff I have had to go out an push it to get people to look at it, end result is it is finally read and comments go. Look at this thread, it had died until we started making comments and keeping at the top. You have to work to keep land use issues in front of everyone.

Hackle
11-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Thank you to everyone for helping to keep this at the top. It is tough to work to keep pushing these types of subjects but to be honest I have usually felt it worth the time in the end. Now with that said I will not be able to attend due to teaching a safety class at work that afternoon. I hope the class goes well and I will catch the next one. Thank you again for attending and paying attention to the post.
Jim F.

My1stJeep
11-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Just as a heads up to all those who sign up (only 6 so far, but it is a start) that you also have to contact Tom (see email and phone listed in posting) to reserve your seat. Signing up on the website will not reserve your seat.

mingoglia
11-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Just as a heads up to all those who sign up (only 6 so far, but it is a start) that you also have to contact Tom (see email and phone listed in posting) to reserve your seat. Signing up on the website will not reserve your seat.

Yep, I sent a few emails back/forth with Tom after I signed up...so I'm good....

Devil Man
12-05-2005, 04:53 AM
i still planning on going to this :D is anyone else :confused:

k7mto
12-05-2005, 07:51 AM
I signed up as tentative but I think I'll be able to make it.

Sedona Jeep School
12-05-2005, 07:59 AM
I signed up with Tom, but not on the old site. Thanks for bringing this up again, I almost forgot! See you all there...

ROCKFAN
12-05-2005, 10:16 AM
I still plan on being there (unless the wheels fall off or something :eek: )

mingoglia
12-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks for bringing this back to the top...almost forgot about it. ;)

azrubyman
12-05-2005, 12:35 PM
I signed up and am going.
I also posted on another site, hoping to market it a little more.
Ken

My1stJeep
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
I am still going. I just finished looking at the trip run, we had only 6 going as of last week, got a couple more signed up now.

Just as a heads up, at most land use meetings we wear red to stand out, might be good if everyone can, wear a red shirt tomorrow. Will help show out support and our unity.

Just a thought.

1BLKJP
12-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Yup, I'm still in. Thanks for the scheduling reminder on email Chris.

Devil Man
12-06-2005, 04:39 AM
I am still going. I just finished looking at the trip run, we had only 6 going as of last week, got a couple more signed up now.

Just as a heads up, at most land use meetings we wear red to stand out, might be good if everyone can, wear a red shirt tomorrow. Will help show out support and our unity.

Just a thought.
i have my red on & im am ready to go :D

My1stJeep
12-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Awesome time last night.

HUGE thanks to all those who attended. Total attendance was 18, of which most were Jeepers, and Nena even made it all the way down from Sedona!!!!

I think there was quite a bit of good information, lots of good ideas shared by all. I think this is a worthwhile class for every off roader to attend. I am sure there are a few newly trained trainers that will be holding course and I urge everyone to find a time that meets their schedule and take the class.

1BLKJP
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
I want to echo Chris's comments and also give a big thanks to Prowler Powersports who kept their store open so that we could have this training session.

Also here is a link to a thread over in the posted trips section on this meeting last night. http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=10598

mingoglia
12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I want to echo Chris's comments and also give a big thanks to Prowler Powersports who kept their store open so that we could have this training session.

Yep, more props for Prowler Motorsports.....if I was in the market for a product they carry I would definitely send my business their way. The store manager (?) that stayed there with us seemed like a real stand up guy.

They're having a raffle of two quads on the 17th for a good cause. They've purchased these two quads and none of the money from the raffle tickets will even be used to cover their expenses. They're $5/ea and there will be two drawings. I didn't have a single dollar in my wallet at the time but I'm planning on heading back there this weekend to throw in my $5.

Mike

1BLKJP
12-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Yep, more props for Prowler Motorsports.....if I was in the market for a product they carry I would definitely send my business their way. The store manager (?) that stayed there with us seemed like a real stand up guy.

They're having a raffle of two quads on the 17th for a good cause. They've purchased these two quads and none of the money from the raffle tickets will even be used to cover their expenses. They're $5/ea and there will be two drawings. I didn't have a single dollar in my wallet at the time but I'm planning on heading back there this weekend to throw in my $5.

Mike

I think his name was Bob, but don't quote me on it? Anyone else remember?

k7mto
12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I figure I'll head over to Prowler after the 202 Freeway Opening party. The folks at Prowler are fantastic, as was Tom who presented the course. It was very educational and fun at the same time. I look forward to spreading the word.

My1stJeep
12-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Shane is what is on his business cards...:D

I will be getting some tickets as well.